• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

am i wrong?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think the Rangers have suffered that much defensively at 3rd since Beltre went down. some seem to be obsessed with griping daily about MY's play and i haven't seen anything that has hurt the team or cost the team in the terms of wins or losses.

shtexas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm not complaining. Young has looked pretty good while filling in at 3rd. But, it is also true that Beltre can easily get to balls Young could never dream of reaching.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think the Rangers have suffered that much defensively at 3rd since Beltre went down. some seem to be obsessed with griping daily about MY's play and i haven't seen anything that has hurt the team or cost the team in the terms of wins or losses.

While I agree that we haven't suffered as MY hasn't cost us any games. With Beltre though we're a great defensive team with every player capable of playing potential Gold Glove defense with the exception being Moreland and any outfielder not named Nelson or Josh.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh makes some incredible plays in OF. Don't know if I would count him out.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Rangers come close to being a great defensive team with or without Beltre. Beltre is overrated defensively. Young might be a tad underrated. I don't think they signed Beltre because his defense is just so great that they couldn't live without him. They signed him because he can be a great hitter with prodigious power and to keep him out of LA and because they got spurned by Cliff Lee.

Thing about the Rangers is that they have guys with great range and great arms all around the diamond including the outfield. They all get to a lot of balls but they do make a lot of errors. When they are able to slash the errors a bit they'll be a great defensive team. Just my opinion.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're wrong about Beltre Ginger. He's been out a little while so you may have forgotten about the incredible plays he has made this season. Including taking away numerous bunt singles.

Texas signed Beltre because they needed to upgrade 3b because as much as I love Young he was a defensive liability for 162 games as a starter. He has done a wonderful job filling in everywhere this season, but occasionally reminds us why they signed Beltre. Beltre is gold glove caliber, and a favorite to win it this year.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree that we haven't suffered as MY hasn't cost us any games. With Beltre though we're a great defensive team with every player capable of playing potential Gold Glove defense with the exception being Moreland and any outfielder not named Nelson or Josh.

i just don't agree with you about Beltre being a Gold Glove 3rd baseman. yes, he's somewhat better than Young and that was probably one of the reasons he was brought here but his offensive potential was probably more of a factor.