• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alliance of American Football

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to know more about how the teams pick their players, I read up on it but it was pretty confusing.
If a player was on a practice squad at the end of 2018 season for an NFL team can they play in the AAF?
Like stakes said, they get area college kids, so the Florida schools will go to Orlando, Georgia kids to Atlanta, etc.

If there isn't a nearby/regional AAF team (like in the Midwest), then those further players will go to teams based on the last NFL or CFL team that had their rights.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like stakes said, they get area college kids, so the Florida schools will go to Orlando, Georgia kids to Atlanta, etc.

If there isn't a nearby/regional AAF team (like in the Midwest), then those further players will go to teams based on the last NFL or CFL team that had their rights.

You would think if the league does well the Midwest and east coast would become a focus for them to get teams.

My first big gripe is they don't have box scores anywhere I can find. Was curious to see what Jalin Marshall ended up with.

For the die hard fantasy football guys they'd at least need stats lol

Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think if the league does well the Midwest and east coast would become a focus for them to get teams.

My first big gripe is they don't have box scores anywhere I can find. Was curious to see what Jalin Marshall ended up with.

For the die hard fantasy football guys they'd at least need stats lol
Yeah, somewhat surprising that one of St Louis, Indianapolis, or Detroit didn't get one to have a presence up here.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, somewhat surprising that one of St Louis, Indianapolis, or Detroit didn't get one to have a presence up here.

Heck obviously Columbus would be a nice get also. Guess we will see. It's surprising that the US hasn't really managed to get a league that at the very least has an interest level on par with the CFL so as to be able to pay slightly better salaries.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck obviously Columbus would be a nice get also. Guess we will see. It's surprising that the US hasn't really managed to get a league that at the very least has an interest level on par with the CFL so as to be able to pay slightly better salaries.
I'm guessing they didn't want to put a team in an outdoor stadium when the season starts in February.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw one highlight where a QB was just splattered ... and a flag wasn't thrown!

#MFGA

Make Football Great Again!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw one highlight where a QB was just splattered ... and a flag wasn't thrown!

#MFGA

Make Football Great Again!
That dude got destroyed!

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. I was all like "give this cat his last rites... "

The offensive line play was pretty awful considering the lack of blitzing. That said that dude was garbage. I can recall at one point him being a pretty decent NFL prospect also.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't too impressed by the Legends last night but the Apollos sure did come to play. That San Antonio/San Diego game was pretty good.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like the qb play in the orlando game was far superior to that of the san antonio and san diego game.

I was entertained though, kept me interested for the whole game........and tbh, i have very little to do today, and am looking forward to watching both games.......

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Atlanta-Orlando game.

Lopsided game, but there's some legit talent in the league. I hope it makes it.

It beat the national NBA game nationwide last night in ratings.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm guessing they didn't want to put a team in an outdoor stadium when the season starts in February.

Considering Ohio has the best football prospects around ( including HS especially ), hopefully they'll make it work soon.

Because I don't feel comfortable supporting a football team out of state. I feel naked lol.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could really tell the league has competent people. It didn't feel gimmicky at all.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think anyone in their right mind feel like seeing James Harden traveling and flopping for a long period of time lol.

But this is good.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else see when they had to review a play in the Atlanta-Orlando game? They let the fans see the process the "skyjudge" goes through to review the play and as she is watching the play, she changes her mind and reverses the call. Beautiful thing. Wonder why a huge league like the NFL can't do something like that.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Atlanta-Orlando game.

Lopsided game, but there's some legit talent in the league. I hope it makes it.

i think that game looked better than what i had. But 2 games today as well this is nice.

I really hope it hooks in with the NFL as planned as a minor system

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they're talking about it on sportscenter now.
Anyone else see when they had to review a play in the Atlanta-Orlando game? They let the fans see the process the "skyjudge" goes through to review the play and as she is watching the play, she changes her mind and reverses the call. Beautiful thing. Wonder why a huge league like the NFL can't do something like that.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it. It was completely logical and it will get the call right virtually every time. The NFL could learn something from this new start up league. The problem I see is Goodell being too arrogant to adopt something from a lesser league even though it clearly works.