• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Time Lakers Team vs All Time Bulls Team

You're life is on the line, which team are you with?

• LA Lakers

• Chicago Bulls

Results are only viewable after voting.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very true.

I have seen some grainy footage- but was always under the impression he was generally regarded as the best center of all time- and was over 7 foot....I dunno...I am just saying if you are trying to get the 5 best players on the court i get it- but if you were actually trying to pick the best of each position from a teams history- i think you have a hard decision to make at the center spot....but whatever- i understand its for fun...

Hell, if Rodman counts as a Bull shouldn't the Big Dipper also count as a Laker? How's that for depth?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they ran the poll, they didn't include Miami, but I think they have the team to give the Lakers the most trouble:

PG - Payton
SG - Wade
SF - LeBron
PF - Mourning
C - O'Neal

Are you seriously comparing the Heat to the Lakers or Bulls?!?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i go with the team with Michael Jordan because he is out of his mind insane and he never lost in the Finals going 6-0.
The Lakers have more depth for sure.... isnt Kareem at PF a stretch? I mean- Kareem is a center...no dispute...I dunno if I buy pigeon-holing these guys into spots they didnt play.....I mean- isnt Worthy good enough to list at the SF position rather than a guy that got drafted in the 50's? especially after our "modern day" posts of the other day...

obviously both are amazing- but I would split hairs and pick Jordan-

I mean- do Lakers fans agree thats the consensus 5 and that that 5 works?

Yes, it would work. As someone pointed out, Kareem played a good bit like a lot of power forwards these days. He would be like Timmy on with the skyhook which is arguably the most unblockable shot in history which Kareem could hit with regularity even 10 feet from the hoop.

Additionally, MJ as the GOAT is disputable. The fact that the Lakers team would have 5 of the top 10-15 players of all-time while the Bulls would have 2 of the top 50 (don't consider Pippen in the top 15) isn't disputable.

That Lakers team doesn't beat that Bulls team by 50 like Shaq suggested. But they beat them handily.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kareem and Shaq would destroy those Bulls big guys. Rodman guarding Shaq or Kareem lol.

Kobe and MJ would be a good one.

Lakers but MJ would keep the Bulls in it though
Rodman did a great job on shaq in the playoffs of 1996.

LOL at you.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to illustrate how crazy good that Lakers lineup is. There are 3 more former Lakers on the top 50 all time players list that didn't make it on this team (Wilt, Worthy and The Logo).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to illustrate how crazy good that Lakers lineup is. There are 3 more former Lakers on the top 50 all time players list that didn't make it on this team (Wilt, Worthy and The Logo).

Wilt, Worthy and Jerry are the bench warmers lol

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The internet has exploded with the Instagram war between Shaq and Pippen. According to Shaq, they will beat the All time Bulls Team by 50 points lol. Now we discuss it here.

All Time Lakers Team:
PG - Magic Johnson
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Elgin Baylor
PF - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
C - Shaquille O'neal

All Time Bulls Team:
PG - Derrick Rose
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Scottie Pippen
PF - Dennis Rodman
C - Artis Gilmore

Who wins?
It's amazing that you had to leave Wilt and Jerry West (great defensive player), off of your Laker all-time starting five.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont sleep on Artis Gilmore. He was a solid 22/11 type guy with all-NBA defense in those Bulls days.

He might not be peak-Lakers Shaq, but he was a damn good center and quite capable.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont sleep on Artis Gilmore. He was a solid 22/11 type guy with all-NBA defense in those Bulls days.

He might not be peak-Lakers Shaq, but he was a damn good center and quite capable.

I agree.

Looking at the matchups:

C: Shaq vs. Artis - Edge Lakers. Not a slight edge, but not a big edge. Artis is one guy that Shaq wouldn't be able to just bully. Artis was just plain ol' mean.
PF: Kareem vs. Rodman - Huge edge Lakers.
SF: Elgin vs. Scottie - Edge Lakers, but not by much. Could be called even.
SG: Kobe vs. MJ - Wow. How much fun would this be to watch? MJ Lite vs. the real thing. Edge Bulls. Like Shaq vs. Artis, not a slight edge, but not a big one either. Refs would probably have to separate them a couple of times. :lol:
PG: Magic vs. Rose - Big edge to Magic. Rose would give him trouble with his speed, but Magic's size and vision would be way too much for D. Rose.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That LAKER group would be real vunerable in a 3-point shooting era.
They might be unbeatable in a 2-point shooting era.

They have no long range, and only one perimeter defender.
Baylor and Magic were horrible at defense. I doubt they want to chase any perimeter players.

They couldn't score many 3s and are not particularly built to defend the 3-point shot either.
Kobe is probably the only deep threat, but he isn't all that great at it. He is much more a scorer than shooter.

I know there is the "live by the 3, die by the 3" rule, and I agree on the offensive side.
However, you do need perimeter defense regardless of whether you take jumpers yourself.

But, if another franchise had an adequate center, and a couple 3-and-D perimeter guys they could beat this team.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I first seen Scootie shit on instagram, the first person I thought about was Hammer lol. I can't wait until he comment on what his boy Pip had to say.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That LAKER group would be real vunerable in a 3-point shooting era.
They might be unbeatable in a 2-point shooting era.

They have no long range, and only one perimeter defender.
Baylor and Magic were horrible at defense. I doubt they want to chase any perimeter players.

They couldn't score many 3s and are not particularly built to defend the 3-point shot either.
Kobe is probably the only deep threat, but he isn't all that great at it. He is much more a scorer than shooter.

I know there is the "live by the 3, die by the 3" rule, and I agree on the offensive side.
However, you do need perimeter defense regardless of whether you take jumpers yourself.

But, if another franchise had an adequate center, and a couple 3-and-D perimeter guys they could beat this team.

Career 3 point shooting percentages:

Kobe - .334
MJ - .327
Pippen - .326
Rose - .304
Magic - .303

To be completely fair, the 3 point shot wasn't as prevalent in MJ, Magic and Pippen's time as it is now. Magic and MJ got better towards the end of their careers. Pippen got worse.

Bottom line, neither team is winning with their 3 point shooting.

Last edited:

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing that you had to leave Wilt and Jerry West (great defensive player), off of your Laker all-time starting five.
Wilt's peak was during his Sixers time so of course I'd pick Shaq/Kareem over LA Wilt. And I have no choice but to not include Jerry West since we already have the Best PG ever and the Best Laker ever at the backcourt

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't suggesting that Chicago was particularly great at shooting or defending the 3.
Chicago would not be the best choice to exploit them. I was saying in general about their fatal flaw.

The alltime LAKERS 5 is really bad at both sides of the 3-ball.
Not only do they have bad shooters from long range, they have exactly one perimeter defender that isnt useless on the perimeter.

With the 3-point shot rules, they would lose to a perimeter team that has a reasonably decent frontcourt.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't suggesting that Chicago was particularly great at shooting or defending the 3.
Chicago would not be the best choice to exploit them. I was saying in general about their fatal flaw.

The alltime LAKERS 5 is really bad at both sides of the 3-ball.
Not only do they have bad shooters from long range, they have exactly one perimeter defender that isnt useless on the perimeter.

With the 3-point shot rules, they would lose to a perimeter team that has a reasonably decent frontcourt.
2015 Warriors can beat this Lakers Team? lol

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilt's peak was during his Sixers time so of course I'd pick Shaq/Kareem over LA Wilt. And I have no choice but to not include Jerry West since we already have the Best PG ever and the Best Laker ever at the backcourt
Fair enough. I was just trying to make a point.