• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Things Nabokov

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiver order for Nabby watch

The waiver order was as follows:

New Jersey : don't see it happening
Edmonton : don't see them calling
NY Islanders : could be a option
Ottawa : could be a option
Toronto : Wilson factor might be a option
Calgary : don't see it happening unless they trade Kipper
Buffalo : Miller is there
Florida : Vokoun is there
Columbus : Might be a option
Los Angeles : I'd hate that with a passion

San Jose *BING* *BING* we have a WINNER!!!!!!!! :D

Carolina
Atlanta
St. Louis
Minnesota
Anaheim
Chicago
Phoenix
Colorado
NY Rangers
Montreal
Nashville
Washington
Tampa Bay
Boston
Pittsburgh
Dallas
Detroit
Philadelphia
Vancouver

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Nitty injury is to his troublesome hip, I say go for it.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I will buy you all hookers is the Sharks claim him off waivers... This would be my wet dream, and if they do and he fails in SJ then you can all bitch slap me with Full Metel Jacket socks full of soap... Well, buying you all hookers would be a tad expensive, BUT I will buy those who attend the March game in Chicago shots of whatever the fuck you want to drink as we pick fights with Chi fans and make fun of there bootleg ass jerseys...

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Heres what PISSES me off bout this topic... Everyone responce in this is hoping he SJ claims him, where as all year, postseason & offseason its everyone saying he's the fault... It just makes me laugh, which is why I dont care when I piss people off when I post, cause most people in this (the old ESPN) forum demand heads of john the baptist, then when you realize your wrong, somehow want that head back on the shoulders... Its so fucking comical...

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want the Sharks to claim Nabby. In fact I hope he goes to Detroit. I know they have a lot of cap space so this won't make that much of a difference, but it's still $600K they can't spend on someone else.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres what PISSES me off bout this topic... Everyone responce in this is hoping he SJ claims him, where as all year, postseason & offseason its everyone saying he's the fault... It just makes me laugh, which is why I dont care when I piss people off when I post, cause most people in this (the old ESPN) forum demand heads of john the baptist, then when you realize your wrong, somehow want that head back on the shoulders... Its so fucking comical...

I think the reason why many didn't want Nabby back was because he wanted a multi-million multi-year contract to return to the Sharks, which many of us did not want him for. For 750k(?), he makes a terrific addition and makes sense if Nitty is out for the season (purely hypothetical). If Nitty is not out for the season, then it makes little sense to claim Nabby.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils may claim goalie Evgeni Nabokov and then put him on waivers | NJ.com

Quick blurb about NJ supposedly claiming Nabby and then waving/trading him to Detroit to make sure they're the ones who DO end up getting him... wow, some confusing shit there for sure but it sounds like it might work:

From someone on TSN, which explains the waivers process really well and why the Devils would get first stab, but still don't understand why this would be a favor to the Wings:
-------------
1. Contract is 570k 1yr, 1-way. NTC/NMC. (source this article, dreger twitter) *At that price, vancouver and pittsburgh are the only teams that could not fit him in the short term, and even they could make space by sending someone down. (source: capgeek max cap hit column) 2. Once the contract is signed, nabby has to go on waivers. He will be offered to all teams for a 24hr period. (source CBA, see below) *update - nabby goes on waivers at noon today and will be processed at noon on saturday. 3. Waiver claims do not go from team to team. Anyone who wants to claim him submits a claim to the NHL. At the end of the 24 hour period, the team with the lowest point percentage (as of noon the day he was put on waivers) that put in a claim will get him. (source CBA, see below) *this is just clearing up a popular misconception 4. Cost of the waiver claim will be $3,375 USD, because nabby has 10 years under an SPC under his belt. (source CBA section 13.16) *peanuts, so pretty much anyone but wang or the yotes dont care. *********************************************** 5. Once claimed, nabby cannot be traded within the first year of his contract (and this is only a 1-year contract) unless he first clears waivers again, being offered to every team in the league again (teams that had put in an unsuccessful waiver claim the first time, or detroit, do not receive ANY special preference.) (source CBA, see below) ************************************************* applicable sections of the CBA: section 13, especially 13.23 Quote CBA 13.23: In the event a professional or former professional Player plays in a league outside North America after the start of the NHL Regular Season, other than on Loan from his Club, he may thereafter play in the NHL during that Playing Season (including Playoffs) only if he has first either cleared or been obtained via Waivers. For the balance of the Playing Season, any such Player who has been obtained via Waivers may be Traded or Loaned only after again clearing Waivers or through Waiver claim'

And I still didn't quite understand.... then this other explanation:

Just to further clarify if some of you are still lost...if we claim him off waivers, Detroit would have first pick when we put him back on waivers as per some part of the CBA that I don't know. Take a look at this link for more info on what I'm talking about. This is how we would be doing Detroit a favor and in my opinion, is a GENIUS move because it would give us influence in forcing a trade...maybe Rolston, maybe someone else, but whoever it is, Detroit will owe us a favor since there is speculation that many other teams would be interested in Nabokov.

KuklasKorner : Abel to Yzerman : Updated at 9:11 with an educated guess: Red Wings officially sign Nabokov, and now the wait begins

Wow... that can't be right? Cmon? Is it?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhh.. this makes a little bit more sense:

Only problem with the whole NJ claims him and then waives him things is one of the experts said last night on twitter (don’t remember which 1) that if a team claims and then waives, the other teams that originally put in a claim would get him in order of priority. So if 5 teams put in a claim, the claim and waive would have to happen 5 times for him to be a Wing.

So the NJ-helping-out thing won't really work since you've got to believe they won't be the only ones putting in a claim for him... Hmm.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Devils may claim goalie Evgeni Nabokov and then put him on waivers | NJ.com

Quick blurb about NJ supposedly claiming Nabby and then waving/trading him to Detroit to make sure they're the ones who DO end up getting him... wow, some confusing shit there for sure but it sounds like it might work:

And I still didn't quite understand.... then this other explanation:

Wow... that can't be right? Cmon? Is it?

I'll try to explain so it makes some sense.

Nabokov hits the waiver wire today at Noon ET. If New Jersey, NYI, St. Louis, and Washington all put in claims he would be awarded to NJ because they are lowest in the league wide standings based on points earned. Before he can be placed on waivers again he must first be offered to the other teams who submitted claims and the origional team who signed him in the same order as their origional claim status.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the Nitty injury is to his troublesome hip, I say go for it.

I wouldn't make a big deal out of the Nitty injury. The Sharks were forced to put him directly on IR to open up a roster spot so they could sign a back-up for the game last night. It was after the deadline to assign someone to Woosta so the only way to clear a roster spot was to move someone to the IR.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I get it now, thanks!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
stalock is also hurt, I hope suck smith doesn't get the cal up. That being said nabby wouldn't help this team not with it's current d set up.

Plus niemi looks like he found his grove

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So NJ claiming him and waiving him again as a favor to detroit really wouldnt be a favor or "work" as planned if other teams had put in claims?? So basically it would just be another day of waivers with a smaller list of teams?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So NJ claiming him and waiving him again as a favor to detroit really wouldnt be a favor or "work" as planned if other teams had put in claims?? So basically it would just be another day of waivers with a smaller list of teams?

Correct.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope he doesnt end up on a craptasic celler dweller... SJ is what im hoping for obviously (although they are close to the celler), but Id be happy if he went to Chi or Det... I hate the waiting game arggggggg

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope he doesnt end up on a craptasic celler dweller... SJ is what im hoping for obviously (although they are close to the celler), but Id be happy if he went to Chi or Det... I hate the waiting game arggggggg

I certainly could be wrong but I don't think San Jose will put a claim in on him. Dougies never been one to admit his mistakes and that is what he'd be doing by claiming Nabokov. San Jose is also just one contract under the limit of 50. I don't think he'll waste that last spot on another goalie.