• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All of a sudden, #10 Washington and #25 BYU looks like a good game

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all this minus the kicker part. I know we were traumatized last year, and I know he shanked one against auburn, but the kid is 6-7 and perfect on points after. Cut the kid some slack.

He's a "kicker" there shouldn't be any slack, they don't practice like a normal player, they kick the whole time during practice, no excuses, no slack, and if they miss a game winner then they should be duct taped to the goal post the missed at!

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a football fan without any affiliations to either of those schools, it holds little interest to me. I may click to it to see how it is going, but I wouldn't block out 3 hours to be sure to watch it. I assume most others in my situation would feel similar. However, If I clicked to it in the 4th and it was close, I would watch it.
This post is autistic

Interesting doesn't mean blocking out 3 hours just to sit down and watch this one game

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a "kicker" there shouldn't be any slack, they don't practice like a normal player, they kick the whole time during practice, no excuses, no slack, and if they miss a game winner then they should be duct taped to the goal post the missed at!

Touché

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, makes sense.

I'll put it another way...teams that are in the upper echelon of a sport do not try to sell people on their decibel levels, nor their scenery.

I feel like a few UW posters are the sensitive bunch, but again, if Oregon did just that you'd be absolutely killing them for it as you do with everything else.

Seriously, this whole conversation has gone on too far. :suds:
So LSU fans don't talk about the advantages of Death Valley? You don't hear about the crowd at the big house or beaver stadium? Sorry, but that's entirely bullshit.

And UW is not a blue blood, nor can it be simply by making the playoffs once or twice. They don't recruit like a blue blood (almost no 5*'s on the roster) and no one claims they are. They are pushing to try to be a perennial top 10 type of team, but aren't there yet. Stop acting like anyone is making larger claims. AG just loves his team. Every fan base has those and the hoop is a better/more interesting place with all those types added. Deal with it.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, makes sense.

I'll put it another way...teams that are in the upper echelon of a sport do not try to sell people on their decibel levels, nor their scenery.

I feel like a few UW posters are the sensitive bunch, but again, if Oregon did just that you'd be absolutely killing them for it as you do with everything else.

I mean LSU does it and I've seen two NFL teams do it too

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I block access? I can honestly say I know nothing about it. But it if makes you feel better
So you took from my message that I could only be referring to you? :L English is not your thing man.

Either or both of those things are lame. That doesn't mean anyone is accusing YOU of doing both. There are quite a few that hide behind blocking their accounts and have been a few taking advantage of changing names to help distance themselves from prior stupidity. The hoop doesn't revolve around you sport.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, makes sense.

I call bullshit, every fan base pimps their stadiums and traditions. Obviously most do it when it’s relevant and AG takes it to another level, but claiming top teams don’t try to sell their game day experience complete BS.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So LSU fans don't talk about the advantages of Death Valley? You don't hear about the crowd at the big house or beaver stadium? Sorry, but that's entirely bullshit.

And UW is not a blue blood, nor can it be simply by making the playoffs once or twice. They don't recruit like a blue blood (almost no 5*'s on the roster) and no one claims they are. They are pushing to try to be a perennial top 10 type of team, but aren't there yet. Stop acting like anyone is making larger claims. AG just loves his team. Every fan base has those and the hoop is a better/more interesting place with all those types add. Deal with it.

You, and your crew, have obviously taken what I said way too personally, or way out of context.

I said that UW has more to offer that touting just their noise and scenery.

I have seen ESPN talk about LSU making the ground shake so much it registered an earthquake, but I've never met an LSU fan that gives a shit about it. I was just stating that AG's post looked weak. Do I think AG is bad for the hoop? Absolutely not, nor have I said that. I just said that it was weak.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, makes sense.

Husky Stadium isn't for everyone. Only the beautiful people get a stadium such as this.

PJ-BQ984_SP_WAS_P_20131009175516.jpg

usa-today-8108990.0.jpg

ProjectImage

C9YofkEVYAEYa9V.jpg:large

DjFnTK6UwAYtYNU.jpg

9968251564_b82b111ba7_b.jpg

huskystadium6.jpg

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You, and your crew, have obviously taken what I said way too personally, or way out of context.

I said that UW has more to offer that touting just their noise and scenery.

I have seen ESPN talk about LSU making the ground shake so much it registered an earthquake, but I've never met an LSU fan that gives a shit about it. I was just stating that AG's post looked weak. Do I think AG is bad for the hoop? Absolutely not, nor have I said that. I just said that it was weak.
You don't follow the posts from LSU fans much if you haven't ever read them talking about death valley in that context, but given how far down they have been recently they have been more mellow on this site than they were so they don't currently have an AG type. Check out twitter or any other SM.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean LSU does it and I've seen two NFL team do it too

I have never met an LSU fan that talks about he noise of their stadium. Is it because most everyone knows it's hard as hell to play there? Possibly, but living in the South there are a lot of LSU fans and the only people I hear talk about the noise is ESPN.

So you took from my message that I could only be referring to you? :L English is not your thing man.

Either or both of those things are lame. That doesn't mean anyone is accusing YOU of doing both. There are quite a few that hide behind blocking their accounts and have been a few taking advantage of changing names to help distance themselves from prior stupidity. The hoop doesn't revolve around you sport.

Honestly, given the context, I assumed that you were referring to me blocking my profile. I'm honestly not sure how I couldn't have assumed otherwise.

I call bullshit, every fan base pimps their stadiums and traditions. Obviously most do it when it’s relevant and AG takes it to another level, but claiming top teams don’t try to sell their game day experience complete BS.

See above. I'm not saying teams don't sell their game day experience, of course they do otherwise you wouldn't have teams spending millions and millions to improve it.

I was poking fun at AG for saying it with UW, who have more to offer than touting their noise and scenery.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Husky Stadium isn't for everyone. Only the beautiful people get a stadium such as this.

Honest to God, I went there about 7 years ago with my father on our last Father/Son trip. Started in Portland, ended in Vancouver, and spending 3 days in Seattle and I absolutely loved it. I wish I had the opportunity to see a game there, but it was during the summer.

You don't follow the posts from LSU fans much if you haven't ever read them talking about death valley in that context, but given how far down they have been recently they have been more mellow on this site than they were so they don't currently have an AG type. Check out twitter or any other SM.

I don't. I don't have an active twitter, and I'm basing it off of LSU grads I work with.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll swear off coffee for a week if BYU wins

Will you wear the undies for a week?

Just trying to gauge how bad you want this.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do that for good games.

How do you know if a game is gonna be good or not? Game seems good, is a blowout, now you wasted 3 hours.

My advice is to block out every Saturday from late August through November like a normal person.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. I don't have an active twitter, and I'm basing it off of LSU grads I work with.
You think people we work with talk about the noise level of Husky Stadium? :L That's really weird man lol.

So you want to compare things posted on a fan forum to things overheard at the company water cooler. That's not the same thing.

I can assure you I have never heard anyone mention the noise level of Husky Stadium at work. Or if it ever happened I don't recall it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and :lol: at creating a new thread to try to drum up support for hating on teams because you can't handle a little back and forth from a couple of our fans.

That is hilarious.

Flattering and hilarious.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this on UW twitter this morning and I got instant wood.

Dn3lIA2U0AAUqKp.jpg

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of a sudden, #10 Washington and #25 BYU looks like a good game, wait who am I kidding? No it doesn’t.