• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All of a sudden, #10 Washington and #25 BYU looks like a good game

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of a sudden, #10 Washington and #25 BYU looks like a good game

No it doesn't.
I almost spit out my coffee reading this. You sir, have made my day!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYU is up to 20th now. The line is 17. Seems a bit high. Two mediocre offenses and two stout defenses although Washington's offense is less mediocre and their defense is stouter. That plus being at home is the reason for the 17 points. Should be a fun one to watch.
With all due respect to ASU, UW came out with the most retarded opening play from scrimmage I've seen since the Willingham era and flat out spotted them 7. The forks didn't score another TD until late in the 4th quarter. So the game wasn't nearly as close as the score would indicate in terms of controlling the trenches and overall unit execution.

BYU beat a fairly bad zona team by less than one score then lost to a fairly bad Cal team at home before going on the road and beating Wisky. Which is the real BYU? We are going to find out.

I do think -17 is a lot to cover when they are still trying to dial in their offensive philosophy, but they looked MUCH closer to being competent on Saturday. If BYU plays more like the team that faced zona and Cal, then UW covers and wins by 20. If they have a similar game to what they had against wisky I still like their chances, but it will end more like the ASU game with them managing and running out the clock late.

The x-factor for UW is still their special teams. Their kicker made his FG tries this week, for once, but that coverage unit is still not right and they allow way too many yards on punts specifically. It killed them against Auburn and has been a continuing story in other games including this last one. Against ASU they gave up an average of 23y on 4 kick off returns and let Harry rattle off 42y on a punt return. It simply isn't good enough.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Champion posters don't change their screen names like some people change their underwear.

That might be the dumbest thing I've heard today. :pound:

And no one cares that you must change your underwear twice a year.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost spit out my coffee reading this. You sir, have made my day!
As a football fan without any affiliations to either of those schools, it holds little interest to me. I may click to it to see how it is going, but I wouldn't block out 3 hours to be sure to watch it. I assume most others in my situation would feel similar. However, If I clicked to it in the 4th and it was close, I would watch it.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect to ASU, UW came out with the most retarded opening play from scrimmage I've seen since the Willingham era and flat out spotted them 7. The forks didn't score another TD until late in the 4th quarter. So the game wasn't nearly as close as the score would indicate in terms of controlling the trenches and overall unit execution.

BYU beat a fairly bad zona team by less than one score then lost to a fairly bad Cal team at home before going on the road and beating Wisky. Which is the real BYU? We are going to find out.

I do think -17 is a lot to cover when they are still trying to dial in their offensive philosophy, but they looked MUCH closer to being competent on Saturday. If BYU plays more like the team that faced zona and Cal, then UW covers and wins by 20. If they have a similar game to what they had against wisky I still like their chances, but it will end more like the ASU game with them managing and running out the clock late.

The x-factor for UW is still their special teams. Their kicker made his FG tries this week, for once, but that coverage unit is still not right and they allow way too many yards on punts specifically. It killed them against Auburn and has been a continuing story in other games including this last one. Against ASU they gave up an average of 23y on 4 kick off returns and let Harry rattle off 42y on a punt return. It simply isn't good enough.

Agree with all this minus the kicker part. I know we were traumatized last year, and I know he shanked one against auburn, but the kid is 6-7 and perfect on points after. Cut the kid some slack.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, for real, changing your user name is pretty lame.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all this minus the kicker part. I know we were traumatized last year, and I know he shanked one against auburn, but the kid is 6-7 and perfect on points after. Cut the kid some slack.
:wtf: I said nothing bad about the kid. I said he made his FG's and then went on to slam the coverage units that are as useless as an ice vendor at the north pole.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, for real, changing your user name is pretty lame.

And my prerogative.

I think UW has a lot more to offer than noise and scenery, which is what I was getting at.

And if OD has posted about the noise and scenery at Autzen, you'd be giving him shit for it.. :pound:

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is Cal a fairly bad team? They are ranked 24th right now and only beat BYU by 3 points. I guess we'll find out more after Cal plays Oregon this coming weekend.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf: I said nothing bad about the kid. I said he made his FG's and then went on to slam the coverage units that are as useless as an ice vendor at the north pole.

You said he “made them, for once.” Maybe I read it wrong. But either way he deserved a post pointing out his decent start, considering we all talk shit about our kicking game when the chance arrives.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And my prerogative.

I think UW has a lot more to offer than noise and scenery, which is what I was getting at.

And if OD has posted about the noise and scenery at Autzen, you'd be giving him shit for it.. :pound:

Yes, but only because they play in a glorified high school stadium.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Cal a fairly bad team? They are ranked 24th right now and only beat BYU by 3 points. I guess we'll find out more after Cal plays Oregon this coming weekend.
TBH, I think almost every Pac12 team is meh to fairly bad. There are no dominating teams at all and even the so-called top teams all have flaws and are very beatable. Including UW. The problem with rankings as most of your fans point out regularly, is how isolated the data is and how much credit P5's get for being up other P'5 even if they are not that good. BYU is their only real win. I like Wilcox and they have some good pieces around that team, but nowhere near the depth and consistency across all units to really compete at the top of the conference, even if it's a fairly down conference.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but only because they play in a glorified high school stadium.

No, because wanting to be 'elite', yet stating your decibel levels and scenery are two different agendas.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Champion posters don't change their screen names like some people change their underwear.
Changing names and blocking access to your profile page are both a sign of weak people.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, because wanting to be 'elite', yet stating your decibel levels and scenery are two different agendas.
those are all English words, but they do not go together for anyone else the way it must have sounded in your head.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those are all English words, but they do not go together for anyone else the way it must have sounded in your head.

Nope, makes sense.

I'll put it another way...teams that are in the upper echelon of a sport do not try to sell people on their decibel levels, nor their scenery.

I feel like a few UW posters are the sensitive bunch, but again, if Oregon did just that you'd be absolutely killing them for it as you do with everything else.

Seriously, this whole conversation has gone on too far. :suds:

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changing names and blocking access to your profile page are both a sign of weak people.

I block access? I can honestly say I know nothing about it. But it if makes you feel better