• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"All In" a quick sell out

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a fan and casual observer this event also reminded of ECWs heyday. It tapped into a similar vibe and energy.

And if the go promotional( create a promotion) I'd work for them.

There is a difference between being " a wrestling fan" and " having a passion for wrestling". Cody and crew have a passion for wrestling.

That is why I want to work with them.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the show and it was definitely enjoyable. I'd say for me the Page-Janella match was probably my favorite. But there really wasn't anything on the show that I'd say was awful.
Supposedly there is heat on Marty Scurll for his match going long. I enjoyed it and they definitely had the crowd at the end but I think they could've cut out a lot of the early portions of the match and made it work. If they cut about 5-6 minutes of that and a lot of the Joey Ryan stuff, the main event could've still had plenty of time.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Interesting info by Jim Ross.. predicts there will be a new, big money player in 2019 and there's a possibility they're the ones who land Cody and the Bucks

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what all the hype is about. That show was nothing special. More like an Indy reunion show, presented like any indy show.

I think fans just want to get excited about something and will act like this was amazing because wrestling is desperate for buzz right now.

Cody stinks. Never had a 3 star or better match in his life, and the Bucks are just the last well known Indy guys not in WWE. Nothing special. And neither is Kenny Omega.

If WWE wants a star, sign Okada.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know what all the hype is about. That show was nothing special. More like an Indy reunion show, presented like any indy show.

I think fans just want to get excited about something and will act like this was amazing because wrestling is desperate for buzz right now.

Cody stinks. Never had a 3 star or better match in his life, and the Bucks are just the last well known Indy guys not in WWE. Nothing special. And neither is Kenny Omega.

If WWE wants a star, sign Okada.

I loved it but to each their own.

Okada's probably the least likely outside star to sign with the WWE right now. He already makes multi-millions a year plus the language barrier issue.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's not really true, considering the wrestling scene's been doing incredibly well the past few years. You have WWE stock at 8x what it was just 3.5 years ago, numerous indy shows (even before All In) drawing crowds of 2K, NJPW drawing nearly 10K in the U.S. earlier this summer, and ROH/NJPW already selling out Madison Square Garden for their show next year.

Wrestling from a popularity standpoint is in its best position probably probably since the late '90s/early 2000s....let's not act like the industry's down in the dumps and needs any buzz it can get.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not really true, considering the wrestling scene's been doing well the past few years. You have WWE stock at 8x what it was just 3.5 years ago, numerous indy shows (even before All In) drawing crowds of 2K, NJPW drawing nearly 10K in the U.S. earlier this summer, and ROH/NJPW already selling out Madison Square Garden for their show next year.

Wrestling from a popularity standpoint is in it's best position in about 20 years....let's not act like the industry's down in the dumps and needs any buzz it can get.

I am talking about the IWC, WWE hating crowd who paid good money to see this show that looked like any $20 Indy ticket show I've ever seen.

I agree WWE is in a good spot. Their detractors led by guys like CM Punk and Cody are desperate for a buzz, and will do anything to create it. I actually read someone say this was the best show they saw in 30 years. C'mon now lol

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved it but to each their own.

Okada's probably the least likely outside star to sign with the WWE right now. He already makes multi-millions a year plus the language barrier issue.

it was a good show of your an Indy fan. But it was nothing close to ground breaking. I've seen more exciting CHIKARA shows back in 2010.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
it was a good show of your an Indy fan. But it was nothing close to ground breaking. I've seen more exciting CHIKARA shows back in 2010.

To me at least 50 percent of a wrestling is the way the crowd connects with the show.

When you have an arena of fans fully engaged in every second that's an unbeatable atmosphere.

I loved the drama and story of the NWA match. Loved the absurdity of the Joey Ryan druids. Loved all the nostalgia spots. The Okada and Omega matches were both solid. Bandido impressed the hell out of me in the main event.

In a vacuum it wasn't the best show ever or anything but the way they brought all the disparate elements together for an arena show was amazing

Last edited:

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am talking about the IWC, WWE hating crowd who paid good money to see this show that looked like any $20 Indy ticket show I've ever seen.

I agree WWE is in a good spot. Their detractors led by guys like CM Punk and Cody are desperate for a buzz, and will do anything to create it. I actually read someone say this was the best show they saw in 30 years. C'mon now lol

Much (if not most) of the indy fanbase are still WWE fans, and it's not like all these fans are either an indy fan or WWE fan....there's plenty of overlap.

I mean, when a famous indy/non-WWE wrestler debuts in WWE, the WWE fans often go crazy because they know who it is from watching/following the non-WWE scene in some way. Look at when guys like Adam Cole or Kevin Owens debuted in NXT or when Matt Riddle recently appeared at NXT Brooklyn or when AJ Styles debuted in WWE - the WWE fans knew who they were and went crazy.

One of the main reasons NXT's done so well is that it's got all the elements of an indy promotion but with the WWE budget behind it...a lot of those people who think are in the 'WWE hating crowd' are likely NXT fans.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posting this here because its as good as place as any but on Penta and Fenix's Facebook page (it's in spanish, so I'll just summarize instead of linking) they posted a piece about WWE showing interest in them. They're contracts are up soon and there have been rumblings for about a month or so now. I'd say them actually acknowledging it on their Facebook essentially means its all but certain they'll be in NXT by year's end.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say them actually acknowledging it on their Facebook essentially means its all but certain they'll be in NXT by year's end.
I feel like they'd be sent directly to 205 Live if they end up signing with WWE.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like they'd be sent directly to 205 Live if they end up signing with WWE.

Fenix will probably. Pentagon might be too hefty for 205 Live

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll know in a month or so when MLW has their next round of tapings. He and Fenix are their tag champs. If they drop the belts, it probably means they are out the door at the end of October/November
There was an article on PWInsider last week about WWE looking to sign a lot of new talents due to them being flush with cash next year due to the new TV deals. Besides US promotions such as ROH, WWE is also scanning promotions across the globe in search of new talent. The article said WWE had been in touch with these talents sometimes via 3rd parties to guage their interest in coming into WWE. This seems in line with what PWInsider said.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3