• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All I can say is wow!!!

kagey7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns have never been the same since the days of The Drive and The Fumble.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad I didn't take the Browns in my pick off this week.

Orange-and-Blue

Go Broncos!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the trade itself is so shocking but the timing is. It's so rare to see in season trades especially involving a 1st round pick and/or a pretty damn good player. I'm seeing a few Browns fans downplay this based on stats which is pretty funny. The Browns had 0 offense aside from the running game all last season so Richardson cant be that bad. I think he'll be putting up monster numbers barring injury with Luck at QB

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the trade itself is so shocking but the timing is. It's so rare to see in season trades especially involving a 1st round pick and/or a pretty damn good player. I'm seeing a few Browns fans downplay this based on stats which is pretty funny. The Browns had 0 offense aside from the running game all last season so Richardson cant be that bad. I think he'll be putting up monster numbers barring injury with Luck at QB

exactly what kinda flabbergasted me. trades like this don't come in the regular season usually, especially with a player of his magnitude. guess we'll see how that one plays out...

FFSparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna hold the browns in my loser pool for the right week when I need a loss.

Go Broncos!
:suds:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very surprising and very hard to understand why Cleveland would make this deal. Richardson had a very good rookie year last year. Can't imagine how they figure with any certainty that they will get a better player with the pick that they acquired.

Colts on the other hand potentially pulled off what could really be a coup. Not very often that a team that loses its top RB is able to go out a couple days later and get a second year back who gained over 1,300 yards from scrimmage as a rookie and scored 13 TDs. In fact, I'm not sure that a deal analogous to this has ever been made.

I kind of feel sorry for Browns fans. They have suffered more than they deserve for a long time, including a couple of notable wounds inflicted by our Broncos. Hopefully some of them are MLB fans, since it at least looks as if the Indians have a good chance to make the playoffs for the first time in a while.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very surprising and very hard to understand why Cleveland would make this deal. Richardson had a very good rookie year last year. Can't imagine how they figure with any certainty that they will get a better player with the pick that they acquired.

Colts on the other hand potentially pulled off what could really be a coup. Not very often that a team that loses its top RB is able to go out a couple days later and get a second year back who gained over 1,300 yards from scrimmage as a rookie and scored 13 TDs. In fact, I'm not sure that a deal analogous to this has ever been made.

I kind of feel sorry for Browns fans. They have suffered more than they deserve for a long time, including a couple of notable wounds inflicted by our Broncos. Hopefully some of them are MLB fans, since it at least looks as if the Indians have a good chance to make the playoffs for the first time in a while.

Colts got a steal here! And it was rather shocking to see. Problem is, now the Brownies need a QB and a RB come the next draft. Before, they just needed a QB and probably would have finished low enough in the standings to grab a good one. What it does for the Browns is questionable. What it does for the Colts is make them significantly better.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts got a steal here! And it was rather shocking to see. Problem is, now the Brownies need a QB and a RB come the next draft. Before, they just needed a QB and probably would have finished low enough in the standings to grab a good one. What it does for the Browns is questionable. What it does for the Colts is make them significantly better.

Exactly. Early Christmas for Colts fans. :drool: Another lump of coal for Browns fans. :bawling:

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns are tanking to get Johnny Football who shouldnt go in the 1st round to begin with but thats another story for another time.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns are tanking to get Johnny Football who shouldnt go in the 1st round to begin with but thats another story for another time.

I'd say they're tanking more for Bridgewater. I think Manziel will be first round talent, but the Browns will be in the top 5 again surely, and I don't think he should go at the top of the 1st round.

Still not really sure why they gave up on Richardson so soon. I know RB's are the easiest position to replace, but the guy is really young and does have some big upside. That first rounder they got from Indy will more than likely only get them a pick somwhere in the 15-20 range anyways, so it's not like they made out real well here.

Odd to say the least....especially with the timing of it.:twitch:

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They now have two picks in the 1st, 3rd, and 4th rounds. I think the browns are looking to completely revamp the offense. For years they have had a decent to good defense but and offense that cannot score.

I think the browns are looking to a franchise QB and some weapons for him. They are already scrapping this season and looking forward to the next. Raiders kind of did something similar, they purged their roster this offseason to clean up a decade of crap signings.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think its a win win for both. It was`nt going to be long before teams started stacking the box vs Weedon and offense and now that Weedon is out, it`s going to happen now. Richardson, know matter how good and that offense would be in big trouble and injury to Trent would prob happen sooner than later. Lets face it, Browns need a QB. Its a passing league more than ever and I don`t care who your rb is, if you don`t have a QB that a D has to game plan for, your doomed. Richardson is now on a team that has both now, Cleveland has stock piled pks and with 2 1st, can take a shot at a possible franchise qb plus get major help in other areas ( O-line) as well. We all know a very good rb can be found mid to late to undrafted these days also. Yeah its a little surprising going into wk 3 but what if they didn`t jump on offer and next wk Richardson is injured or Indy decides to go elsewhere. I think its great for both

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who doesn't think that Richardson is that good? Look at his numbers compared to another rookie season from a running back who was a high first round draft pick.

Richardson
Rushing: 267 attempts, 950 yards, 3.6 average, 32 long, 11 tds, 2 carries over 20 yards, 36 first downs.
Receiving: 51 receptions, 367 yards, 7.2 average, 27 long, 1 td, 5 receptions over 20 yards, 18 first downs. Total yards 1,317, 3 fumbles, none lost

Player X
Rushing: 247 attempts, 947 yards, 3.8 average, 36 long, 7 tds, 2 carries over 20 yards, 52 first downs.
Receiving: 28 receptions, 213 yards, 7.6 average, 27 long, 2 tds, 3 receptions over 20 yards, 10 first downs. Total yards 1,160, 4 fumbles, all lost

So Richardson got about 150 more total yards from scrimmage than player X and scored 3 more touchdowns. But their numbers are very, very similar. One other thing about player X, he was splitting carries with another back who carried 120 times for 642 yards. The guy who had the second most carries for the Browns last year had 65 carries for 271 yards. So both of these backs had back ups that had better average yard per carry than they did.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you may already have figured this out, but Player X is our very own Knowshon Moreno. Now how many Broncos fans would have been upset if Denver had traded him after his rookie season for a first round pick? I doubt very many.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you may already have figured this out, but Player X is our very own Knowshon Moreno. Now how many Broncos fans would have been upset if Denver had traded him after his rookie season for a first round pick? I doubt very many.

I definitely would have been upset had we traded Moreno after his first year. Would have been just further evidence of how badly we were floundering and I'd certainly seen enough of that already.

At the same time, after getting over what I think was my initial shock over last night's deal, I still think that it was a great deal for Indy, but I shouldn't have been so certain that it was a terrible deal for Cleveland. Maybe the new FO there will do better by making wholesale changes than they would have by trying to build with what they had. I'm still skeptical, though.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely would have been upset had we traded Moreno after his first year. Would have been just further evidence of how badly we were floundering and I'd certainly seen enough of that already.

I get that part of it, but would have cared much that no longer had Moreno? I wouldn't have. I thought it was a mistake to draft him anyway, so cutting our losses and moving on at the time I don't think would have been viewed as a bad thing. Of course the other difference here is that the Browns have a new regime in place than the one that drafted Richardson. So I guess a better analogy would be Elway trading Moreno for a first round pick after his second season. I think we all would have been ok with that. Well, everyone except CALI anyway. :suds: