• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Page is solid. AEW fucked up. I'd much rather watch him than them every week bringing in some dude from Mexico or Japan that 10% of their audience knows.

He's....fine

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I always liked Ethan Page. He fits the WWE mold better than AEW imo. Good talker not flashy in the ring.

I wonder if Becky is AEW bound. They could probably sellout All In off speculation of her appearance

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked Ethan Page. He fits the WWE mold better than AEW imo. Good talker not flashy in the ring.

I wonder if Becky is AEW bound. They could probably sellout All In off speculation of her appearance

She is not a draw

They tried the woke thing with her and she was the face of the lowest rated raw era ever

Ever!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd say less than a 1% chance on Becky. Maybe if TK does something crazy like double her salary she'd entertain it, but I think she's just gonna take time off

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say less than a 1% chance on Becky. Maybe if TK does something crazy like double her salary she'd entertain it, but I think she's just gonna take time off

And improve raw at the same time

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I havent followed the story closely but just looking at the companies right now, WWE is loaded with young female talent (Rhea, Tif, Bianca) while AEW has always had a weakness there. She'd be the biggest female star the company's ever had day 1 while WWE would probably be phasing her out of the top of the card. Basically she has a lot more value there.
Her husband working for WWE is the only thing that really gives me pause.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent followed the story closely but just looking at the companies right now, WWE is loaded with young female talent (Rhea, Tif, Bianca) while AEW has always had a weakness there. She'd be the biggest female star the company's ever had day 1 while WWE would probably be phasing her out of the top of the card. Basically she has a lot more value there.

One of those is not like the other

Rhea and tiff are good talents

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just think it’s the wwe hype machine

It creates stars out of hot garbage (see Bianca and Becky)

Aew treats them exactly like the men and they flounder despite the same level of athletic talent

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

She's the biggest women's star WWE has and been one of their biggest male or female over the last decade. WWE wouldn't phase her out, they let her do what she wanted to do. And she's always been super positive about WWE, indicating in interviews that its basically the only place she wants to wrestle. That's why I think the percentage of her going to AEW are pretty low. AEW would obviously love to have her and I'm sure will throw everything they can, but like I said earlier, unless its a stupid sum of money, it doesn't seem likely. I know you can never really say never with people as long as there's two healthy companies out there with money, but it seems very unlikely

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's the biggest women's star WWE has and been one of their biggest male or female over the last decade. WWE wouldn't phase her out, they let her do what she wanted to do. And she's always been super positive about WWE, indicating in interviews that its basically the only place she wants to wrestle. That's why I think the percentage of her going to AEW are pretty low. AEW would obviously love to have her and I'm sure will throw everything they can, but like I said earlier, unless its a stupid sum of money, it doesn't seem likely. I know you can never really say never with people as long as there's two healthy companies out there with money, but it seems very unlikely

We are so far from the attitude era

So sad

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
She's the biggest women's star WWE has and been one of their biggest male or female over the last decade. WWE wouldn't phase her out, they let her do what she wanted to do.

If you're right then AEW has no chance of signing her. The way I look at it Rhea Ripley is obviously going to be the cornerstone of the women's division the next 3-5 years. I'm absolutely blown away by Stratton's ring work. I would put Belair on Becky's level as a star now and she's considerably younger. Charlotte's the living legend of the division.
I'm not saying WWEs phasing her out of the company but is she at the top of female wrestling hierarchy for the next five years the way she's been for the past five years? It would surprise me.
Also you have TKO assigning contract values.
I'm not saying that she's going to AEW but I see it as a realistic possibility

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're right then AEW has no chance of signing her. The way I look at it Rhea Ripley is obviously going to be the cornerstone of the women's division the next 3-5 years. I'm absolutely blown away by Stratton's ring work. I would put Belair on Becky's level as a star now and she's considerably younger. Charlotte's the living legend of the division.
I'm not saying WWEs phasing her out of the company but is she at the top of female wrestling hierarchy for the next five years the way she's been for the past five years? It would surprise me.

They don’t need her

They never did

She wouldn’t be missed

NXT is also loaded with talent

All of them don’t bitch leg drops like the red headed botch machine

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just wanted to point this out because it surprised me when I found out awhile ago but Bianca is sneaky old. Well, not old, but older than you would think. She's 35, just two years younger than Lynch. I've seen a lot of people surprised by it too, most thinking she's around 28 to 30

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad.

Glad their pushing Skye. She is very underrated and got some Potential behind her

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on giving Ospreay the world title shot this soon, especially days after winning the International title.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on giving Ospreay the world title shot this soon, especially days after winning the International title.

They're rushing that shit for the sake of just having a banger match. AEW frustratingly does this all the time nowadays. Take something that could be special, have weeks to months of intriguing and interesting story and instead blow it off in a month

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame that on Tony Khan being a mark for the business. Im looking forward to the backlash when they kill Swerves title run because TK wants one of his new toys to be world champ.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're rushing that shit for the sake of just having a banger match. AEW frustratingly does this all the time nowadays. Take something that could be special, have weeks to months of intriguing and interesting story and instead blow it off in a month
Agree. There’s really not a lot of specialness going on there right now. That’s a match that should be built up and would be worth the payout if Ospreay were to win at All Out.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. There’s really not a lot of specialness going on there right now. That’s a match that should be built up and would be worth the payout if Ospreay were to win at All Out.

Yep. Doing it at Forbidden Door helps no one. If Ospreay wins, well you just completely kneecapped Swerve, who you built up hot to be a champion and did absolutely nothing with for his reign. But if Swerve wins, well then you just gave away a premiere money making match up for a quick 3 week build. Even if you run it back in a month or two, it's never the same as being able to build up anticipation for the first time.

I think what it speaks more to is they literally had no plan after "Swerve wins the title". They failed to build up any challengers. They just up announced Christian as his first challenger with no build up and later backfilled some story justification but it never felt like an actual credible challenger story. And then they just have Ospreay win the gauntlet to be his next opponent. They're just grabbing opponents for the match to be good and not really planning out any real stories long term