• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big news for Forbidden Door coming out of NJPW's Dominion show today

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official. For Forbidden Door 2 we're getting

Danielson vs Okada

Omega vs Osperay 2

Those two matches alone is worth the price of the show. Actually, I'd pay that price just to see Danielson/Okada

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to the show in DC next week. Hoping there’s going to be some decent buildup to the show.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like they are looking to downsize the arena for the Chicago and Prick, I mean Punk return. They sold out wembly in a day but cant sell in Chicago.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like they are looking to downsize the arena for the Chicago and Prick, I mean Punk return. They sold out wembly in a day but cant sell in Chicago.
It's not just Chicago, it's everywhere in the States that most of the live gates aren't that good right now. The show I'm going to in DC next week at the Capital One Arena I think has just over 3000 tickets sold last I checked and can hold between 18-20k for basketball and hockey games.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gunns in the Bullet Club. Lulz.

OC/Swerve was fire. Swerve should have won though. It's time

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice that they gave her some well deserved flowers. She's made some iconic attire over the years.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gunns in the Bullet Club. Lulz.

OC/Swerve was fire. Swerve should have won though. It's time
Wondering if Miro is going to destroy him on Collision next week and be the one to take the belt off him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering if Miro is going to destroy him on Collision next week and be the one to take the belt off him.

I guess it depends on how the titles shake out with this roster split type deal. There hasn't been any firm details yet but there was some early rumblings where like the AEW Title would float between shows, but like Tag Titles, International, TBS Titles would be on Dynamite and Trios, TNT, and Women's Titles would be on Collision. Now all would still float from time to time but more often than not, those titles would appear on those shows.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a great Dynamite tonight. Did you get to go @UVA_Guy81 ?

Forbidden Door is shaping up to be really good. On top of Danielson/Okada and Omega/Ospreay, we now have Orange Cassidy/ZSJ and MJF/Tanahashi. Also got Jungle Boy/Sanada but that's a big meh on that one. Should have found someone else for Sanada.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a great Dynamite tonight. Did you get to go @UVA_Guy81 ?

Forbidden Door is shaping up to be really good. On top of Danielson/Okada and Omega/Ospreay, we now have Orange Cassidy/ZSJ and MJF/Tanahashi. Also got Jungle Boy/Sanada but that's a big meh on that one. Should have found someone else for Sanada.
Yeah, my girlfriend and I enjoyed it but both agreed that we liked the New Japan show a couple of months ago more.
I’d say that Takeshita and Callis got the biggest boos of the night, especially for his match against Bandido on Rampage (which was good). I ticked off a couple of people when I booed the Young Bucks and Orange Cassidy. Punk got a mixed reaction most of the night.
Was there audio issues on the television portion? There was two or three instances where the audio wasn’t coming across in the arena. One was during Keith Lee’s entrance where the song didn‘t start playing until the middle of it and we didn’t hear about half of Christian’s promo. I think there was another time but can’t remember what it was offhand.
People in the arena seemed pumped for Tanahashi and MJF. Agree about the Jungle Boy and Sanada match not being interesting. Probably the same with ZSJ and OC if that’s what they’re going with.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, my girlfriend and I enjoyed it but both agreed that we liked the New Japan show a couple of months ago more.
I’d say that Takeshita and Callis got the biggest boos of the night, especially for his match against Bandido on Rampage (which was good). I ticked off a couple of people when I booed the Young Bucks and Orange Cassidy. Punk got a mixed reaction most of the night.
Was there audio issues on the television portion? There was two or three instances where the audio wasn’t coming across in the arena. One was during Keith Lee’s entrance where the song didn‘t start playing until the middle of it and we didn’t hear about half of Christian’s promo. I think there was another time but can’t remember what it was offhand.
People in the arena seemed pumped for Tanahashi and MJF. Agree about the Jungle Boy and Sanada match not being interesting. Probably the same with ZSJ and OC if that’s what they’re going with.

Only audio issue I caught was the Christian promo. It was just like it was for you, no sound at the start. Not sure on the Keith Lee deal because he was coming out as the came back from a commercial. After the Sting/Jericho segment, they went to commercial. When they came back, Sting/Darby and Mogul Affiliates were already in the ring and Lee was coming down the ramp

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only audio issue I caught was the Christian promo. It was just like it was for you, no sound at the start. Not sure on the Keith Lee deal because he was coming out as the came back from a commercial. After the Sting/Jericho segment, they went to commercial. When they came back, Sting/Darby and Mogul Affiliates were already in the ring and Lee was coming down the ramp
What I’m wondering is when his music was starting, they were playing the SANADA challenge on the tv version so that’s why maybe? Because in the arena, it started in the middle and we didn’t see the SANADA thing.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pretty great broadcast team. Wonder if Jim Ross gets weeks off for Sooner football games?

Wouldn’t surprise me if he wasn’t around too much in the fall. But I think that’s a good team and will probably get a decent JR instead of cranky JR that’s on Rampage.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pretty great broadcast team. Wonder if Jim Ross gets weeks off for Sooner football games?

Probably. On Rampage tonight, they made it sound like JR would only be calling the main events on Collision so he's not gonna do the whole show anyway so its no big deal if he misses a show or not.

That is a solid team though with Kevin Kelley and Nigel McGuiness. I think I would have preferred Ian Riccaboni, Caprice Coleman and Nigel but Kelley works just as well.

They also announced the theme song is Elton John's "Saturday Nights Alright For Fighting". Lol, Tony Khan has FU money for sure. You know those rights are expensive

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Probably. On Rampage tonight, they made it sound like JR would only be calling the main events on Collision so he's not gonna do the whole show anyway so its no big deal if he misses a show or not.

That is a solid team though with Kevin Kelley and Nigel McGuiness. I think I would have preferred Ian Riccaboni, Caprice Coleman and Nigel but Kelley works just as well.

They also announced the theme song is Elton John's "Saturday Nights Alright For Fighting". Lol, Tony Khan has FU money for sure. You know those rights are expensive

Jim Ross calling main events is a good spot for him. You'd have to think Punk or FTR will be working most of those matches so that means old school wrestling psychology and a relatively slower pace of action. That accentuates Ross's strengths as a storyteller.

The Elton John thing is cool. I've always wondered why more artists didn't licence their music for wrestling theme songs. John doesn't need the exposure but Living Colour had to benefit from the connection to Punk. It's a great song and wrestling brought it to another generation

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I’m guessing it’ll probably be just JR and Nigel when Kevin leaves to call the G1 from mid July to mid August.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they killed any momentum Wardlow had again.

He's fine. Wardlow is a guy that doesn't take much to build up whenever they need to. He's not a main event caliber guy yet anyway. Plus, having Christian running around acting like he's the TNT champ instead of Luchasaurus is far more entertaining right now.