• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong start for Collision. The Punk opening was pretty decent (that counterfeit bucks line was great). The main event trios match was a lot of fun and that Punk/Joe segment was electric. I liked the TNT title match, women's match was solid, and Miro looked great.

But man, that Andrade/Buddy Matthews match was awesome. Peak professional wrestling there. Hard hitting, acrobatic, told a story throughout the match with injuries, just outstanding work from both men. And I loved the shout out to their significant others by using their moves in the match.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's fine. Wardlow is a guy that doesn't take much to build up whenever they need to. He's not a main event caliber guy yet anyway. Plus, having Christian running around acting like he's the TNT champ instead of Luchasaurus is far more entertaining right now.

I just think they’ll never get him back to the type of reactions he was getting when he beat MJF because of all these start stop pushes. I’m sure they wanted to do something noteworthy this show becauze there wasn’t really anything of note outside of Punk’s return but switching the title that’s been yo-yo’d the most over the last 18 months wasn’t the way to do it.

This felt like a regular episode of Dynamite and maybe that’s what they were going for but they did nothing that would make me watch again because it felt like just another show instead of the start of something fresh and different.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've been critical of Wardlow's booking. I think he should have been protected like Jade Cargill but that's clearly not AEW's direction for his character. Since Orange Cassidy was featured prominently on the Collision poster I'm guessing Luchasauras takes the TNT title as the secondary title for Dynamite then Collision has OC and Samoa Joe as secondary champions. Then start fresh with Wardlow as a major player.

Punk's the master of the art of the modern promo. He's insanely confident, knows how to blur reality and fiction in a way you can't tell which is which, and can talk for 20 minutes without interruption and sound like he's giving an extemporaneous speech.

LOVED the Andrade/Buddy match. Of all the NXT acts that didn't work on the main roster Andrade/Vega is the one I still can't get over. She's a great talker, he has great main event caliber matches, and they look like stars. Oh well. It's interesting that Andrade's first feud is with Malaki Black's faction given their connection to Vega.

Miro is going to get the mega Babyface run he was due years ago. He looked like a future world champion last night.

Lots of positives but when wrestling is at its best it works as episodic storytelling so we'll see how Collision does in that regard over the next few months. The Bloodline angles has raised the bar

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna guess Naito is Sting/Darby's partner in the match at Forbidden Door

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Gunns are stars. That finger gun/water spray thing Austin does during their entrance is dope as fuck

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful Select reports that, per sources with knowledge close to the situation, the company is targeting Boston for the 2023 match. AEW will make its debut in the TD Garden in Boston with the July 19 episode of AEW Dynamite.

The first Blood and Guts match was held at Daily’s Place in Jacksonville, Florida, in April 2021, and The Pinnacle defeated the Inner Circle.

WrestleZone will provide more information as it becomes available.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forbidden Door was pretty darn good.

Omega/Ospreay absolutely tore the house down, as expected. Right up there with their previous match. They could have done the Callis stuff better considering it makes no sense to have him ejected only to show up again and interfere THAT much (like just have him run out, give the screwdriver and hide). but the rest of the match was so good I can overlook it.

The OC/Shibata/ZSJ/Garcia match was really good as well. It's time to take the title of OC (I didn't expect it here), he's had a great run, but it looks like they're gonna run this back at some point. At least a 3 way with all the title holders.

Danielson/Okada...holy shit. Did not see that coming AT ALL. Okada fucking taps? Wow. They must be running it back at Wrestle Kingdom. It's one thing for Okada to lose, but to TAP??!! Match itself was solid. They could do more, but I'm not complaining. Good close to a good show.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To explain things. The bit of Sign that the BBC where entering

Scene is one of the better things that a Finical company ,Scotiabank, has come up with.

Started with Movies and Free Movies, concession etc. now it has worked it's way into Groceries.

I can explain alot more, if you have any questions about anything around the ring or names etc.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fucking shit.

Danielson says in the post-show media scrum that doctors told him he's likely broken his forearm. Guess that explains why the match kinda hit a certain point and they just coasted from there

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forbidden Door was pretty darn good.

Omega/Ospreay absolutely tore the house down, as expected. Right up there with their previous match. They could have done the Callis stuff better considering it makes no sense to have him ejected only to show up again and interfere THAT much (like just have him run out, give the screwdriver and hide). but the rest of the match was so good I can overlook it.

The OC/Shibata/ZSJ/Garcia match was really good as well. It's time to take the title of OC (I didn't expect it here), he's had a great run, but it looks like they're gonna run this back at some point. At least a 3 way with all the title holders.

Danielson/Okada...holy shit. Did not see that coming AT ALL. Okada fucking taps? Wow. They must be running it back at Wrestle Kingdom. It's one thing for Okada to lose, but to TAP??!! Match itself was solid. They could do more, but I'm not complaining. Good close to a good show.
I'm well behind. I skipped the last few AEW PPVs and big events but Forbidden Door is an event i'm looking forward to watching. That's because last year's event was so good. :thumb:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm well behind. I skipped the last few AEW PPVs and big events but Forbidden Door is an event i'm looking forward to watching. That's because last year's event was so good. :thumb:

This one is way better than last year's top to bottom

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fucking shit.

Danielson says in the post-show media scrum that doctors told him he's likely broken his forearm. Guess that explains why the match kinda hit a certain point and they just coasted from there
Looks like he may miss All In at Wembley. He was hopeful to miss 6-8 weeks when everyone thought it was just a light fracture. But Brie confirming it’s worse than initially expected means he may be out 3+ months.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he may miss All In at Wembley. He was hopeful to miss 6-8 weeks when everyone thought it was just a light fracture. But Brie confirming it’s worse than initially expected means he may be out 3+ months.

Yeah, saw the pic. That was nasty. Only positive is it was a clean break. So sometimes a clean break can heal up fast if its set properly. But I'm not expecting that 6 to 8 week timeline anymore.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sting is fucking nuts

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Mox. WTF !?!?!

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random thought........................

Why do Hamilton, Edmonton and Saskatoon?

Why not Hamilton, Saskatoon, Edmonton?

To explain the thought. They go East, then West, then a little east????????????

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random thought........................

Why do Hamilton, Edmonton and Saskatoon?

Why not Hamilton, Saskatoon, Edmonton?

To explain the thought. They go East, then West, then a little east????????????

Perhaps the arena in Saskatoon already had a date booked so they had to take one later, which is why the travel schedule ended up being that way