• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly have no fucking clue with MJF anymore. He blurs the line with kayfabe so much its hard to tell what's going on. I do find the wording of "has booked a flight" interesting because A)That means he hasn't gotten on it yet and B)Who told them that? That's something very specific that basically only MJF would know.
The word is it’s a Red Eye flight so it likely hasn’t taken off yet which is why they only said booked as of now.

And I’m sure the people close to him know as he told them or he went through someone in the company to book the flight and they mentioned it.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If the whole MJF thing is a shoot or whatever they should let him buy out his contract or maybe even see if the WWE would be willing to do a talent swap. I know TK has a history in sports negotiations but wrestling is a different dynamic.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the whole MJF thing is a shoot or whatever they should let him buy out his contract or maybe even see if the WWE would be willing to do a talent swap. I know TK has a history in sports negotiations but wrestling is a different dynamic.
I’m wondering if he’s more agitated that all these new people that are WWE castoffs are getting more than him and are all much lower on the card (barring Punk and Danielson) and not nearly as over. I feel like if Tony gave him a massive raise that I feel he rightfully deserves, a lot of his anger goes away in a hurry.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I’m wondering if he’s more agitated that all these new people that are WWE castoffs are getting more than him and are all much lower on the card (barring Punk and Danielson) and not nearly as over. I feel like if Tony gave him a massive raise that I feel he rightfully deserves, a lot of his anger goes away in a hurry.

According to reports TK has been open to renegotiating a new contract that pays main event money but MJF has balked at it as he doesn't want to add more years to his deal.

If this all legit and the guy doesn't want to be there have Wardlow squash him then let him out of his deal.

If this is an elaborate worked shoot then the next year and a half of AEW backstage news will be tedious.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to reports TK has been open to renegotiating a new contract that pays main event money but MJF has balked at it as he doesn't want to add more years to his deal.

If this all legit and the guy doesn't want to be there have Wardlow squash him then let him out of his deal.

If this is an elaborate worked shoot then the next year and a half of AEW backstage news will be tedious.
I had always heard that Tony was waiting to see what he gets for a new deal to reup with Warner, then he was going to start renegotiating.
I’m more wondering that it’s not the result he’d be angry with but the amount of time his match is getting. With 12 matches on the card, most matches aren’t going to get a lot of time as it is.
The conspiracy theorist part in me wonders if Cody is involved somehow, trying to get him into WWE.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I had always heard that Tony was waiting to see what he gets for a new deal to reup with Warner, then he was going to start renegotiating.
I’m more wondering that it’s not the result he’d be angry with but the amount of time his match is getting. With 12 matches on the card, most matches aren’t going to get a lot of time as it is.
The conspiracy theorist part in me wonders if Cody is involved somehow, trying to get him into WWE.

TK has been signing wrestlers left and right and reportedly paid tens of millions for the ROH brand. I know the next TV contract is huge for their future but in the meantime if he wants to re-sign a major star I think he can.

If it's about money they should lock MJF long-term with a main event salary. He should be to AEW what Flair was to the NWA, Sting to WCW or Styles to TNA. If it's a matter of MJF wanting out to work with WWE I don't think they should hold anyone hostage.

TK might be in an awkward spot as he doesn't want to set a bad precedent in future negotiations that an unhappy wrestler can breach their contract or shoot their way out of town. Personally I would just let unhappy wrestlers leave.

I stress a big if, but if this is a work it better have a good payoff.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read tk doesn’t like to redo contracts (doesn’t want to set a precedent) and this was going to be basically an extension.

So similar to yours

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TK has been signing wrestlers left and right and reportedly paid tens of millions for the ROH brand. I know the next TV contract is huge for their future but in the meantime if he wants to re-sign a major star I think he can.

If it's about money they should lock MJF long-term with a main event salary. He should be to AEW what Flair was to the NWA, Sting to WCW or Styles to TNA. If it's a matter of MJF wanting out to work with WWE I don't think they should hold anyone hostage.

TK might be in an awkward spot as he doesn't want to set a bad precedent in future negotiations that an unhappy wrestler can breach their contract or shoot their way out of town. Personally I would just let unhappy wrestlers leave.

I stress a big if, but if this is a work it better have a good payoff.
If anyone on the roster deserves main event money, it’s him. Week in and week out he’s always in the better segments on the show. And the guy is the best heel on the roster by leaps and bounds. And if they ever turned him face, he proved during the Punk feud that he could pull it off by being sympathetic.
I don’t see how it’s a work at this point because there’s nothing to really gain from it on AEW’s end.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is everything I've read on it too. All the legit sources have said TK is more than willing to pay MJF but wants to add years on the contract, which is pretty standard in contract negotiations. You don't want to set the precedent that a talent can just ask for and get extra cash on their current deal at any time. It'd effectively make contracts useless as people would constantly be reworking their deals. No way TK, Vince, or anyone else would do something like that. MJF has somewhere from 1.5 to 2 years left on his current deal. I'd say its a pretty reasonable offer to bump up his current pay to be on par with the top guys on the years left and add a couple of years to the end of the deal as well. But the reports say MJF doesn't want any time added (they also haven't said how many years would be added either). Like I could understand if MJF doesn't want 4 or 5 years added. But 1 or 2 would be perfectly reasonable.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently MJF is not at the Arena yet.

Thats according to Johnson and Metzler

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I can shoot for a minute....

WTF has happened to God damn loyalty and going out there AND DOING YOUR FUCKING JOB no matter what?

Then if you have an issue with something, Make a fucking meeting on a day off. Ho to the corporate offices and air your grievances?

ITS CALLED BEING A FUCKING PROFESSIONAL.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For as damn long as it was, I was surprised at how good the show was start to finish. Most everything was entertaining and I didn't feel like I was fighting to just get throughout it.

That said, Darby/KOR, the clusterfuck of intergender mixed tag, and the TBS title match all could have been cut. Nothing special to any of them. Also, Darby is straight up gonna paralyze himself or worse. That tope diving kick was flat out stupid. Dude was literally like an inch or two away from coming right down on his neck.

Fun preshow match with HookHausen. Everything it needed to be.

Controversy aside, MJF showed up and delivered. Wardlow looked like a big star. LMAO at the oxygen mask at the end.

Surprised by the Hardy/Bucks match. Hardys really stepped up and put on a good match (Bucks sold very well too) but its nice to see Matt/Jeff can still turn it up and deliver every now and again. They've been looking rough of late.

Athena debuting in the TBS match, bout damn time. A nice boost for the division. But the BIG news is my man Stokley Hathaway! Jade's going to the top for sure now!

Death Triangle/House of Black was entertaining and hopefully its over for how long its gone on. Finally got that Julia Hart payoff (she looks badass btw)

Owen Cup winners was predictable. I'm cool with Cole winning since he needs a little something after taking some losses but they should have used this to make another women's star. Baker doesn't need it. Though if them winning is leading to a feud with a debuting Gargano/Candace down the line, that could be money

Rosa/Deeb was excellent. Best match both have had in AEW by far.

The Anarchy match was just that. That shit was wild. Not sure what was going on half the time, but I was sports entertained!

3 tag match was good but I'm SHOCKED Jurassic Express retained. It's time to move on and they've been teasing a Christian heel turn for awhile. Thought he'd cost them the belts tonight. Plus both the other teams are way hotter right now. JE has had a good run, but when you've got a tag division as stacked as AEW, you can't keep the belts tied up with one team for a great length of time.

Page/Punk was solid. No surprise there because Page always delivers in big matches. Didn't know who would win but was happy either way. Really liked the story they told with Hangman flirting with taking the heel way out, not going thru with it staying true to his character, and that costing him the win. Hangman is excellent telling nuanced inner conflict stories.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For as damn long as it was, I was surprised at how good the show was start to finish. Most everything was entertaining and I didn't feel like I was fighting to just get throughout it.

That said, Darby/KOR, the clusterfuck of intergender mixed tag, and the TBS title match all could have been cut. Nothing special to any of them. Also, Darby is straight up gonna paralyze himself or worse. That tope diving kick was flat out stupid. Dude was literally like an inch or two away from coming right down on his neck.

Fun preshow match with HookHausen. Everything it needed to be.

Controversy aside, MJF showed up and delivered. Wardlow looked like a big star. LMAO at the oxygen mask at the end.

Surprised by the Hardy/Bucks match. Hardys really stepped up and put on a good match (Bucks sold very well too) but its nice to see Matt/Jeff can still turn it up and deliver every now and again. They've been looking rough of late.

Athena debuting in the TBS match, bout damn time. A nice boost for the division. But the BIG news is my man Stokley Hathaway! Jade's going to the top for sure now!

Death Triangle/House of Black was entertaining and hopefully its over for how long its gone on. Finally got that Julia Hart payoff (she looks badass btw)

Owen Cup winners was predictable. I'm cool with Cole winning since he needs a little something after taking some losses but they should have used this to make another women's star. Baker doesn't need it. Though if them winning is leading to a feud with a debuting Gargano/Candace down the line, that could be money

Rosa/Deeb was excellent. Best match both have had in AEW by far.

The Anarchy match was just that. That shit was wild. Not sure what was going on half the time, but I was sports entertained!

3 tag match was good but I'm SHOCKED Jurassic Express retained. It's time to move on and they've been teasing a Christian heel turn for awhile. Thought he'd cost them the belts tonight. Plus both the other teams are way hotter right now. JE has had a good run, but when you've got a tag division as stacked as AEW, you can't keep the belts tied up with one team for a great length of time.

Page/Punk was solid. No surprise there because Page always delivers in big matches. Didn't know who would win but was happy either way. Really liked the story they told with Hangman flirting with taking the heel way out, not going thru with it staying true to his character, and that costing him the win. Hangman is excellent telling nuanced inner conflict stories.

The hart winners are an embarrassment

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There were no 5 star classics in but it was still a lot of fun.
The Anarchy in the Arena match was my favorite of the night. It was a shot of adrenaline when my eyelids were getting heavy from the holiday BBQ beers. Eddie Kingston is just so fucking believable and compelling as a performer. If Punk eventually goes heel at some point in his title reign I would love Kingston beating him for the belt.
I thought they did a great job in booking the main event. Hangman had Punk beat if not for the ref issue and then kept his righteousness by putting down the belt instead of using it as a weapon.In kayfabe he was the better wrestler. Now we get the Punk dream matches.. Omega, Danielson in a new setting, New Japan legends.

I know I'm alone on this island but I love Dynamite Dan and MOTY.. they'd be perfect in a feud with Wardlow on his path to the main event. Old school booking circa 89 where the IC or US belt felt like a stepping stone to megastardom.

Still don't know what to make of the MJF work/shoot stuff but if it's legit I hope they work something out as he feels like the heart and soul of the company. If he really does hate it there #freeMJF

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m going to watch this over the course of a few days. Watched the opener and while the match itself wasn’t much, it was what the crowd definitely wanted. If the MJF situation is a shoot, at least he put Wardlow over huge here. If it’s a work, than he can take time off and come back down the road. I’m starting to lean towards it being a work since Tony didn’t talk about it during the post show but went on a profanity laced tirade against Bischoff. If there was any ill will, I think Tony would’ve probably spewed some venom MJF’s way as well. But with MJF not showing for the fan fest, its not an easy thing to decipher. I’m wondering if he’s taking a page out of Pillman’s playbook when he manipulated his way out of WCW.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per PWInsider;

MJF arrived at the building for AEW Double or Nothing while the Buy In was on the air and was sequestered into a room. We are told this happened so quickly and quietly that most of the locker room had no idea whether he was there or not and even when his music hit, MJF was not in the gorilla position. That led to some who knew he was there worried for a second that he had walked but then MJF showed up and went to the ring. He left the building immediately after being stretchered out of the arena and did not remain for the rest of the show. He was seen exiting the venue with AEW Producer Pat Buck.

MJF is still in Vegas as of this writing, as is AEW management, so any assumptions or story that he flew home after the PPV or today would be incorrect. There were some talents upset with him over the situation. The belief among those we've spoken to today is that while there was some sort of agreement made to get through Double or Nothing, nothing has been resolved regarding the core issues between the two sides. We are told they are more likely to sit down and try and work something now than they were a few days ago. So, there is at least a chance the ice is thawing.