• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is probably the least excited I’ve been for an AEW ppv. Not a lot I really have an interest in.

I feel like they've lost a lot of momentum the past few months but the PPVs always deliver. A major turn in the main event might freshen the product up. I can see either wrestler turning in the match

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like they've lost a lot of momentum the past few months but the PPVs always deliver. A major turn in the main event might freshen the product up. I can see either wrestler turning in the match
The match I’m most looking forward to is MJF vs Wardlow. IMO, that’s had the best build of everything. There should be some decent matches on the card though.
Punk vs Hangman should be a fine match but the build hasn’t been great. I think it’s time to take the belt off Hangman.
Joe (who I’ll assume beats O’Reilly) should have a decent match with Cole but I’m sure it’ll be interference from Lethal, Dutt and Singh.
Deeb and Rosa should have a fine match but the build has been awful. Deeb is someone that needs a mouthpiece in the worst way.
Think that Anna Jay and Jade won’t be any good.
Britt and Ruby should be okay but don’t see it being anything special.
I haven’t cared about Jericho for a couple of years now and his group is completely uninteresting, so that 10 man tag will just be a typical brawl.
Anything with the House of Black has been awful but the match should be okay. They all need to move on.
The Bucks will need their working boots on (the ones they had against FTR) to get a passable match against the Hardy’s.
If they do that intergender tag match, I don’t see anyone caring since nobody knows who to even cheer for in that feud.
I feel like they’ll try to get Darby and Sting vs ReDragon on there. The match should be solid and Darby will of course try to kill himself if it happens.
I think if a turn happens, it’ll be either Punk or Hangman.
I’m not sure if I posted this here or not but I think that Tony should hire Gabe Sapolsky to run the show and just tell him where he wants to go and let Gabe handle how to get there.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ringside news is in trouble for reporting…

:: checks notes ::

Scientific facts

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The match I’m most looking forward to is MJF vs Wardlow. IMO, that’s had the best build of everything. There should be some decent matches on the card though.
Punk vs Hangman should be a fine match but the build hasn’t been great. I think it’s time to take the belt off Hangman.
Joe (who I’ll assume beats O’Reilly) should have a decent match with Cole but I’m sure it’ll be interference from Lethal, Dutt and Singh.
Deeb and Rosa should have a fine match but the build has been awful. Deeb is someone that needs a mouthpiece in the worst way.
I haven’t cared about Jericho for a couple of years now and his group is completely uninteresting, so that 10 man tag will just be a typical brawl.
Anything with the House of Black has been awful but the match should be okay. They all need to move on.
The Bucks will need their working boots on (the ones they had against FTR) to get a passable match against the Hardy’s.
If they do that intergender tag match, I don’t see anyone caring since nobody knows who to even cheer for in that feud.
I feel like they’ll try to get Darby and Sting vs ReDragon on there. The match should be solid and Darby will of course try to kill himself if it happens.
I’m not sure if I posted this here or not but I think that Tony should hire Gabe Sapolsky to run the show and just tell him where he wants to go and let Gabe handle how to get there.

I am baffled at how badly the mixed tag thing has been messed up

You’re right, it’s basically just heel/heel stuff that no one wants to see

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I should add it also seems they messed up hangman’s reign

Giving him a draw right away killed all his momentum

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine having a wish dot com hbk wannabe win a HART family tournament

Such a slap in the face

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very solid go home show. Joe/KOR and the 3 way were great matches. MJF/Wardlow continuing to hit on all cylinders. And that Punk/Hangman segment was excellent.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very solid go home show. Joe/KOR and the 3 way were great matches. MJF/Wardlow continuing to hit on all cylinders. And that Punk/Hangman segment was excellent.
Joe and Kyle was solid. The Wardlow match was exactly what it should’ve been. I can see Hangman turning heel and maybe going after the trios titles with the Bucks since Omega isn’t coming back for a while still from what it sounds like. Also hoping that Starks and Hobbs win the tag titles.
Sucks that it’s not Dangerous Tekkers fighting FTR at Forbidden Door but looking like Cobb and O’Khan. O’Khan is so bad that even Okada and Tanahashi couldn’t have a good match with the guy. I guess it could be worse and it could be Owens and Fale instead.
I should add it also seems they messed up hangman’s reign

Giving him a draw right away killed all his momentum
I think the Danielson matches were a good way to start out but it was after that that killed a lot of his momentum. Cole has lost a lot of his appeal since coming over from NXT and that hurt this feud. But that might have something to do with the Bucks segments and anything associated with them usually not being that good. And losing to Orange Cassidy going into the feud didn’t help matters much either.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accidents happen and every company has its share of botches but this should still be concerning not only because it keeps happening but that no one seems to be taking it seriously.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accidents happen and every company has its share of botches but this should still be concerning not only because it keeps happening but that no one seems to be taking it seriously.

Jesus some of those are rough

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 more matches added to the card for DoN to bring the total to 13. That's too many damn matches

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 more matches added to the card for DoN to bring the total to 13. That's too many damn matches

Gotta think we’re gonna get some short ones

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta think we’re gonna get some short ones

Have to. I think most PPVs have a hard out so you can't go over. So if its 8 to 12, they have to be over by 12 exact. In the past, they've been pushing the midnight hour with shows with less matches.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to. I think most PPVs have a hard out so you can't go over. So if its 8 to 12, they have to be over by 12 exact. In the past, they've been pushing the midnight hour with shows with less matches.
And I remember reading that if there’s a game 7 for one of the NBA finals that the main event will not go on until that’s over.
So if they’re doing 12 matches on the main show, the average match time will probably be around 10 minutes or so since the entrances and recaps usually take a few minutes as well. It wouldn’t hurt to move another match to the pre show. Either the House of Black match or the inter gender tag match would be the top candidates.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s a good thing these guys have strong necks. I’ve seen some nasty ones similar to those in New Japan.., mainly the Naito vs Ibushi matches come to mind. But sooner or later, some of these guys aren’t going to be getting up from these.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I remember reading that if there’s a game 7 for one of the NBA finals that the main event will not go on until that’s over.
So if they’re doing 12 matches on the main show, the average match time will probably be around 10 minutes or so since the entrances and recaps usually take a few minutes as well. It wouldn’t hurt to move another match to the pre show. Either the House of Black match or the inter gender tag match would be the top candidates.
Yeah, for whatever reason, TK indicated he wouldn't start Hangman/Punk until the game was over. So I guess he better hope we don't get OTs. And its dumb too. Who out there is buying a PPV but also channel surfing? I understand situations where say on Mondays during footbal season, WWE will often save their biggest angle for halftime of MNF, but this is a PPV. Just do your own thing.

It’s a good thing these guys have strong necks. I’ve seen some nasty ones similar to those in New Japan.., mainly the Naito vs Ibushi matches come to mind. But sooner or later, some of these guys aren’t going to be getting up from these.

Pretty sure Ibushi destroying his neck gives him sexual gratification. It's the only explanation.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, for whatever reason, TK indicated he wouldn't start Hangman/Punk until the game was over. So I guess he better hope we don't get OTs. And its dumb too. Who out there is buying a PPV but also channel surfing? I understand situations where say on Mondays during footbal season, WWE will often save their biggest angle for halftime of MNF, but this is a PPV. Just do your own thing.

Pretty sure Ibushi destroying his neck gives him sexual gratification. It's the only explanation.
Fully agree. If you’ve paid for the show, you’re probably not watching the game anyways. Just do the show as you’d normally do it.
Ibushi is definitely a guy that walks to the beat of his own drum so somehow, that wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early predictions:
Hookhausen over Nese/Sterling
Punk over Page
MJF over Wardlow
Starks/Hobbs over Jurassic Express and Swerve/Lee
Jade over Anna Jay
Thunder Rosa over Deeb
Britt over Ruby
Cole over Joe
Young Bucks over Hardys
Death Triangle over House of Black
ATT over Sammy/Frankie and Tay Conti
O’Reilly over Darby
Kingston/Santana and Ortiz and BCC over JAS

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly have no fucking clue with MJF anymore. He blurs the line with kayfabe so much its hard to tell what's going on. I do find the wording of "has booked a flight" interesting because A)That means he hasn't gotten on it yet and B)Who told them that? That's something very specific that basically only MJF would know.

And I don't really get the purpose of this either. If its a work to drum up interest in the show, it doesn't make much sense. You fucked over a lot of fans at the meet and greet for no reason. And if its real, I don't get it either. You're not getting any negotiating leverage unless your goal is to just get fired and go to WWE. And you're also really fucking over Wardlow for no reason. Dude has worked hard and is in the biggest match of his career to date and you're going to fuck him over.