• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bray makes a lot of sense in this spot as a surprise entrant
Why? I don’t get it. He wasn’t good pre BW and he won’t be able to use anything related. Punk and Bryan had a solid career pre AEW and why Moxley jumping didn’t move a single needle.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? I don’t get it. He wasn’t good pre BW and he won’t be able to use anything related. Punk and Bryan had a solid career pre AEW and why Moxley jumping didn’t move a single needle.

He can play a similar character if he wants to. Just can't use the names and likeness (in regards to The Fiend). He could show up as Windham Wyatt if he wanted to.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can play a similar character if he wants to. Just can't use the names and likeness (in regards to The Fiend). He could show up as Windham Wyatt if he wanted to.
But he can’t really. The WWE owns Bray Wyatt and his likeness. Punk and Bryan were these guys prior to WWE, Windham Rotunda can show up on AEW but then what? Tony Kahn has more money than Vince but Vince’s lawyers would have a field day with TK’s lawyers.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But he can’t really. The WWE owns Bray Wyatt and his likeness. Punk and Bryan were these guys prior to WWE, Windham Rotunda can show up on AEW but then what? Tony Kahn has more money than Vince but Vince’s lawyers would have a field day with TK’s lawyers.

I get the sense he's responsible for the Bray Wyatt, Firefly Funhouse and Fiend incarnations of his character and is capable of another reinvention, either in AEW or Impact.

I'm sure we'll see soon enough

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the sense he's responsible for the Bray Wyatt, Firefly Funhouse and Fiend incarnations of his character and is capable of another reinvention, either in AEW or Impact.

I'm sure we'll see soon enough
I guess it will be a fun lawsuit to follow then.

But why would AEW fans want him? Doesn’t seem any of the actual WWE cast offs have been received well. The guys with careers outside of WWE seem to have done better.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They own the name "Bray Wyatt", "The Fiend", the likeness of The Fiend (ie he can't use a mask or facepaint that looks like The Fiend), and some other stuff related to the gimmicks ("Firefly Funhouse", "Let me in", etc). But if he wanted to show up anywhere else playing a cult like figure named Windham Wyatt, nothing is stopping him. It's the same deal with Malakai Black. The imagery and tone of the character is the same. The biggest difference is the first name.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But why would AEW fans want him? Doesn’t seem any of the actual WWE cast offs have been received well. The guys with careers outside of WWE seem to have done better.
I feel like Black has been well received...same with Miro

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I meant he's already reinvented himself a few times and is s capable of another reinvention. As a wildturkey mentioned he can do something similar but he'll at the very least need a new name and look

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They own the name "Bray Wyatt", "The Fiend", the likeness of The Fiend (ie he can't use a mask or facepaint that looks like The Fiend), and some other stuff related to the gimmicks ("Firefly Funhouse", "Let me in", etc). But if he wanted to show up anywhere else playing a cult like figure named Windham Wyatt, nothing is stopping him. It's the same deal with Malakai Black. The imagery and tone of the character is the same. The biggest difference is the first name.
But you can’t really compare the two. With all due respect Malakai Black is irrelevant and isn’t worth the WWE attempting litigation. If Bray tries any kind of cult figure I am pretty sure they would have a case.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you can’t really compare the two. With all due respect Malakai Black is irrelevant and isn’t worth the WWE attempting litigation. If Bray tries any kind of cult figure I am pretty sure they would have a case.

Not really. People switch between companies and play some version close to their original characters all the time. It's been that way throughout wrestling history

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun stuff here. Interesting that he mentions Rome when Malakai Black's promo also referenced Rome with a quote about killing Julius Ceaser. The quote with a snake by it is a quote from an old Jake The Snake promo which he used in a promo against The Million Dollar Man. Jake also had a promo in AEW where he called Cody Rhodes "Ceaser".

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. People switch between companies and play some version close to their original characters all the time. It's been that way throughout wrestling history
WWE won the suit against WCW just because Hall was using an ascent which they had to drop. It has been that way through the territories but WWE hasn’t been cool with legit guys in their companies taking anything close to their gimmick to another company. All I am saying is if they try to bring him is anything remotely resembling precedent has been set that Tony Khan will lose.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie Kingston is fucking money

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fun stuff here. Interesting that he mentions Rome when Malakai Black's promo also referenced Rome with a quote about killing Julius Ceaser. The quote with a snake by it is a quote from an old Jake The Snake promo which he used in a promo against The Million Dollar Man. Jake also had a promo in AEW where he called Cody Rhodes "Ceaser".

That WM VI Jake the Snake promo is a masterpiece. It's the pitch black shadow of Dusty's Hard Times promo in both tone and content. It should be just as legendary imo.