• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely be interested in AEW ppvs or NXT ones possibly. I haven’t watched the main product in over 13 years, so I might not be doing those as often.

OK.

Than I'll do the Takeover leading to it...

And choose 3 matches from the WWE Card.

Behind because dinner and chat with my brother and his fiance

@ 1st main event

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you that didn't see the Suzuki-Moxley match last year, this is what to expect Wednesday night. The match starts at 1 hour and 22 minutes.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That show was FUCKING AWESOME. Best wrestling show I've seen in a long ass time

Yep.

I'm glad AEW learned about promise delivery. It helps create a better product because it if you don't deliver on big promises than more fans won't flock to see your product.

That is what you want right.

But the matches were spectacular. From to to bottom. Only thing is I would have let Darby drop from the rafters.

2 small things that really impressed me tonights:

1) The end of Jericho/MJF. This feud is my pick for Feud of the year. One of the better ones i've seen in a while. But how can you continue it after a year??????

That finish is how!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) Putting the Dragon, I've always wanted to do that, in a "Super Alliance" to Quall the Elite's numbers game

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

I'm glad AEW learned about promise delivery. It helps create a better product because it if you don't deliver on big promises than more fans won't flock to see your product.

That is what you want right.

But the matches were spectacular. From to to bottom. Only thing is I would have let Darby drop from the rafters.

2 small things that really impressed me tonights:

1) The end of Jericho/MJF. This feud is my pick for Feud of the year. One of the better ones i've seen in a while. But how can you continue it after a year??????

That finish is how!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) Putting the Dragon, I've always wanted to do that, in a "Super Alliance" to Quall the Elite's numbers game
I think if they reversed the order of everything in the Pinnacle-IC feud, it would've come across a lot better. Blood & Guts should've been the match that ended everything between these two factions, not the first match. But I hope that they move all of these guys onto something else. Maybe Sammy can be the one that dethrones Miro?
For your #2, the thing I wonder about is does Hangman help the Danielson group or do they put him on the backburner again and put him into another feud?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That show was FUCKING AWESOME. Best wrestling show I've seen in a long ass time
I thought it was definitely a better show than it looked to be on paper. Was hoping to hear the Final Countdown theme for Danielson though.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was definitely a better show than it looked to be on paper. Was hoping to hear the Final Countdown theme for Danielson though.

I guess TK decided to draw the line on licensing music. He's already paying for Punk, Jungleboy, Moxley, and Ruby Soho's theme. But I really like Danielson's remix theme. It's basically a trap style (form of rap music, usually in the South or Texas) of Flight of the Valkyries. And since Danielson has been associated with FotV for ten years now, it's recognizable, especially to fans that might not remember his time before WWE.

I also really like Adam Cole's theme. Almost sounds a little like Rage Against The Machine

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess TK decided to draw the line on licensing music. He's already paying for Punk, Jungleboy, Moxley, and Ruby Soho's theme. But I really like Danielson's remix theme. It's basically a trap style (form of rap music, usually in the South or Texas) of Flight of the Valkyries. And since Danielson has been associated with FotV for ten years now, it's recognizable, especially to fans that might not remember his time before WWE.

I also really like Adam Cole's theme. Almost sounds a little like Rage Against The Machine
I can see the RatM part. Also sounds a little similar vocal wise as the UE theme but I’d have to listen to it without the crowd noise to see if that’s accurate.
The Danielson stuff makes sense. Intertwine part of his old WWE theme but change it around a bit to not have it completely as that.
I’d like for AEW to hire Jim Johnston to do some themes. I thought he did great work with WWE.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if they reversed the order of everything in the Pinnacle-IC feud, it would've come across a lot better. Blood & Guts should've been the match that ended everything between these two factions, not the first match. But I hope that they move all of these guys onto something else. Maybe Sammy can be the one that dethrones Miro?
For your #2, the thing I wonder about is does Hangman help the Danielson group or do they put him on the backburner again and put him into another feud?

I would tease a crossroads and then turn against the elite

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would tease a crossroads and then turn against the elite
I can see that happening but I’d do a slow burn on that.
From what it looks like, at least the Bucks will be out of the tag title picture for a while and give teams like P&P and FTR chances to fight for them.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy should not be fighting miro

give me cage to do that

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I can see the RatM part. Also sounds a little similar vocal wise as the UE theme but I’d have to listen to it without the crowd noise to see if that’s accurate.
The Danielson stuff makes sense. Intertwine part of his old WWE theme but change it around a bit to not have it completely as that.
I’d like for AEW to hire Jim Johnston to do some themes. I thought he did great work with WWE.

Jim Johnston is the man but at this point he's well into his 60s. Not sure his vision is the best fit for a company like AEW.

I really like the idea of licensing songs when possible. The themes are great and I'd have to imagine it's good exposure for the artists too.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What a show last night. It sounds corny and cliched at this point but when AEW is firing on all cylinders it gives me the same adrenaline rush the Monday night wars did as a teenager. Literally couldn't fall sleep after the show.

Plus PPV quality matches in Suzuki/Mox this Wednesday and Pac/Andrade Friday, then the NYC metro area for 2 straight weeks.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy should not be fighting miro

give me cage to do that
God’s Favorite Champion vs a Spanish God. That storyline writes itself.

Jim Johnston is the man but at this point he's well into his 60s. Not sure his vision is the best fit for a company like AEW.

I really like the idea of licensing songs when possible. The themes are great and I'd have to imagine it's good exposure for the artists too.
They could always bring him in and have him do a few themes just to see if he’s still got anything left in the tank. There’s some wrestlers that could probably use a better theme.
Agree. Sometimes there are songs that are just perfect for certain people, like Cult of Personality for CM Punk.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a show last night. It sounds corny cliched at this point but when AEW is firing on all cylinders it gives me the same adrenaline rush the Monday night wars did as a teenager. Literally couldn't fall sleep after the show.

Plus PPV quality matches in Suzuki/Mox this Wednesday and Pac/Andrade Friday, then the NYC metro area for 2 straight weeks.
I was surprised by Suzuki the most. I figured they’d have him help Archer with Men of the Year. But looks like they’re going to copy and paste the storyline with New Japan last year with Moxley instead because last night was exactly how their storyline started the first time.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cutler posted on Twitter that between this and All Out, he was up 24 hours straight. He basically stayed up all night after the show to put BTE out on time. That man earns every penny of his 2 contracts. I hope he gets a raise

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler posted on Twitter that between this and All Out, he was up 24 hours straight. He basically stayed up all night after the show to put BTE out on time. That man earns every penny of his 2 contracts. I hope he gets a raise

Hardest working man in the Biz a Ness

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly

Mick has a point...........

Tony allowing the talent to be more creative and it being a happier work environment will tend to do that. Malachai Black and Ruby Soho were both over more there in one night than their whole WWE run.