• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alfoolzo Dennard Arrested Again

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's leave it as a genuine misunderstanding and move on, imo.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it depends on the definition of punk since there's several of them. If I was to define a punk as a petty criminal, meaning misdemeanors, it wouldn't be accurate since Dennard has been convicted of a 3rd degree felonious assault on a police officer and resisting arrest. Calling him a convicted felon is more accurate but if I wanted to take it easy on him I'd call him a punk.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say this but if the Pats really want to set a precedent about being professional and having high standards they will cut him today. In light of the AH thing the Pats took the high ground now would be the time to back it up.

God I hope Glas I can stay healthy this year

There is a HUGE difference between being involved in a murder and a DUI.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's anything to the charges, I would be very ok with them cutting him... but I'm not convinced yet that there is. To repeat my earlier point, but more bluntly: I think there's a good chance some cop in Nebraska is abusing his power to hurt Dennard.

Mark_NH

ESPN convert
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn... Just when I thought the D was going to come into it's own. I hope this is just a cop's power trip. He cannot be dumb enough to get DWI, after the break he got with being drafted here...

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn... Just when I thought the D was going to come into it's own. I hope this is just a cop's power trip. He cannot be dumb enough to get DWI, after the break he got with being drafted here...

At this time it all seems weird. I mean if any of what was posted was true I wonder what kind of case they have. Did he pass the field sobriety test? Did he pass a breathalyzer? Just seems suspect and circumstantial

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The suspected DUI is irrelevant at this point. His probation can be revoked without a trial on that charge because the testimony of the arresting officer is enough to do it. The cop just has to say Dennard was straddling the lines, smelled of alcohol and didn't cooperate with the breathalyzer test and the judge can make a ruling to revoke. I'm pretty sure he'll be brought before the same judge that sentenced him in the assault case so she might not be too happy. They also know all about how to potentially defeat a breathalyzer and when someone is trying to do it. I have to agree with Borges on this one....Dennard has the lung capacity of an NFL defensive back but can't blow hard enough into a straw when asked to??? The judge isn't stupid and will see right through it unless she's a 'Husker alum or enamored with NFL players...which is possible.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The suspected DUI is irrelevant at this point. His probation can be revoked without a trial on that charge because the testimony of the arresting officer is enough to do it. The cop just has to say Dennard was straddling the lines, smelled of alcohol and didn't cooperate with the breathalyzer test and the judge can make a ruling to revoke. I'm pretty sure he'll be brought before the same judge that sentenced him in the assault case so she might not be too happy. They also know all about how to potentially defeat a breathalyzer and when someone is trying to do it. I have to agree with Borges on this one....Dennard has the lung capacity of an NFL defensive back but can't blow hard enough into a straw when asked to??? The judge isn't stupid and will see right through it unless she's a 'Husker alum or enamored with NFL players...which is possible.

Question: Where did it state he did not blow hard enough to activate a response? My understanding was that he did blow and it registered him as not under the influence. Did I miss something?

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: Where did it state he did not blow hard enough to activate a response? My understanding was that he did blow and it registered him as not under the influence. Did I miss something?

Here's the report:
Dennard, 23, was driving west on Normal Boulevard in a 2011 Honda Accord just before 2 a.m. Thursday when a sergeant pulled him over near 52nd Street because he was straddling lanes, Lincoln Police Officer Katie Flood said.
The sergeant arrested Dennard, who is on probation for punching a police officer in April 2012, on suspicion of DUI, refusing a chemical test and straddling lanes.
Dennard, who was taken to detox but not jailed, blew too softly during an alcohol breath test, even though the sergeant told him twice to blow hard into the machine, Flood said.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the report:
Dennard, 23, was driving west on Normal Boulevard in a 2011 Honda Accord just before 2 a.m. Thursday when a sergeant pulled him over near 52nd Street because he was straddling lanes, Lincoln Police Officer Katie Flood said.
The sergeant arrested Dennard, who is on probation for punching a police officer in April 2012, on suspicion of DUI, refusing a chemical test and straddling lanes.
Dennard, who was taken to detox but not jailed, blew too softly during an alcohol breath test, even though the sergeant told him twice to blow hard into the machine, Flood said.

Yeah I missed that. This being said IMO he may be screwed. What a moron.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true then yes, he is screwed.. and i am sure that if it is true the Pats will cut him.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I missed that. This being said IMO he may be screwed. What a moron.

It doesn't look good because they basically don't have to prove anything to revoke probation. I read somewhere this past week that alcohol pools in the lower part of the lung so a weak effort blowing into the tube/straw theoretically can give a lower result. If that's true the court should be well aware of it too.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't look good because they basically don't have to prove anything to revoke probation. I read somewhere this past week that alcohol pools in the lower part of the lung so a weak effort blowing into the tube/straw theoretically can give a lower result. If that's true the court should be well aware of it too.

Well let's hope Glas-I is healthy

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think a decent lawyer can be convincing that the cop is full of shit on how hard he blew, though, if that's all they have.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a non issue, they will push the trail date till after the season almost certainly. he will play the season and be fine. after the season he goes to trial and gets slapped on the wrist again may have to serve an extra week in jail thats about it. everyone thought he was toast after punching a cop thinking he was going to jail for 5 years and all he got was 30 days and thats cuz the judge wanted to save face and give him at least something out of example. first time offender with very sketchy case against him "suspicion" of dui no breathalizer/blood tests noone was injured he will get the very minimum possible punishment. there is zero chance the pats cut him, he is a good guy not a bad apple. just makes some stupid mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:

PatsFaninNC

Rhode Island Native
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a non issue, they will push the trail date till after the season almost certainly. he will play the season and be fine. after the season he goes to trial and gets slapped on the wrist again may have to serve an extra week in jail thats about it. everyone thought he was toast after punching a cop thinking he was going to jail for 5 years and all he got was 30 days and thats cuz the judge wanted to save face and give him at least something out of example. first time offender with very sketchy case against him "suspicion" of dui no breathalizer/blood tests noone was injured he will get the very minimum possible punishment. there is zero chance the pats cut him, he is a good guy not a bad apple. just makes some stupid mistakes.

Briz, it's not really about the SEVERITY of the charge; the fact is, he's on probation, and any new charges can revoke that probation. This could honestly go either way.

The only remaining question is...what will the Pats do? They're under major character scrutiny right now, and can't afford to keep anyone who's even being whispered as being trouble.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they can. They handled Hernandez as well as they possibly could, and there is no reason to let that affect their interaction with other personnel.

The severity does matter because it's not even conclusive he was drunk. He took a breathalyzer and the cop claims he didn't blow hard enough. I'm fairly sure a decent lawyer can turn that into a non-issue.

tembrach

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was initially utterly incensed that he had screwed up again, but now I am waiting for this whole thing to play out.. I want to see the courts weigh in on this