• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that for general fans, Kaepernick made Smith look worse than he was and Cassel will make Smith look better than he is. Kaepernick and Cassel are as good as they are, respectively. Kaep's only getting better.

andyham7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints are coming off having the WORST D in Pro football, so I wouldnt get too excited by what Alex did.
That and he played just for one drive.
IT WAS A GOOD ONE THOUGH!
No, he looked good, as good as Drew. Drew had a TD dropped on his first, but NO MATTER!

Saints are ahead of Chiefs on O, no doubt. They are still a little weak on D! (sarcasm)
I do see some hope for the D that was not there last season though.
It aint Ryan either!

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The broncos don't lose the west. Peyton is fine, the team has more than enough talent to lose a player or two.

We were suppose to run away with the NFC West last year after how we dominated it during the 2011 season. Seattle had QB problems, Arizona had QB problems, St. Louis was a wreck and pretty much it looked the entire division outside of us was in rebuild mode. Then Seattle actually turned out to be good in 2012 and came close to taking the division.

The Colts went from the #1 pick to the playoffs last year. The difference between the worst team and the best team is really not that much compared to other sports. The Chiefs should have a good defense, especially against the pass. If their offense can put points on the board and limit turnovers they have a chance to pretty much be just like us from the 2011 season.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't have near the talent on defense. I like Smith, Charles, and Dwayne bowe, but I think relying on Andy Reid to turn a team around is too much. If they press for a wild card I'll be surprised.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he does well. I thank Harbaugh for giving him stability and giving him an opportunity to show that he is a good QB and not a bust.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JH and Co. set Alex up with confidence and success as a QB. It's up to him now to continue. I would hate to hear excuses like new team,new coach ,OC ,etc. I wish him luck.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JH and Co. set Alex up with confidence and success as a QB. It's up to him now to continue. I would hate to hear excuses like new team,new coach ,OC ,etc. I wish him luck.

The same can be said about Kaep. If he doesn't progress like I expect he will, I don't want to hear excuses.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same can be said about Kaep. If he doesn't progress like I expect he will, I don't want to hear excuses.

I feel that Kap will be fine. He has been under the same system in his young career and is getting better with his reads and passing. I hope the 9ers won't rely on him running too much this season....an injury waiting to happen there. The Alex excuse was always about new coaches and schemes...the fact that he cound't adapt to them. Looking forward to the game on Friday.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that Kap will be fine. He has been under the same system in his young career and is getting better with his reads and passing. I hope the 9ers won't rely on him running too much this season....an injury waiting to happen there. The Alex excuse was always about new coaches and schemes...the fact that he cound't adapt to them. Looking forward to the game on Friday.

I came to a point where I was like, enough is enough, pertaining to Alex Smith. Harbaugh was able to build his confidence and provide stability. I think Alex will do fine.

I think Kaep will progress because he is not just a running QB, he's actually a really good passer of the ball and makes good reads. Even if the read option were to be "figured out", I expect he will still flourish.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came to a point where I was like, enough is enough, pertaining to Alex Smith. Harbaugh was able to build his confidence and provide stability. I think Alex will do fine.

I think Kaep will progress because he is not just a running QB, he's actually a really good passer of the ball and makes good reads. Even if the read option were to be "figured out", I expect he will still flourish.
I know that every other team's fans will say they have the read option figured out as if any team who runs it will do so on every play. Good luck with that if they are playing the 9ers. Yes,Alex wil be what they want him to be in KC ,I believe. I can't help to compare the arm strength here....sorry Alex fans....It is like comparing a Nerf launcher to an RPG.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't have near the talent on defense. I like Smith, Charles, and Dwayne bowe, but I think relying on Andy Reid to turn a team around is too much. If they press for a wild card I'll be surprised.

I couldn't disagree more.

Their defense is every bit as talented as their offense. Brandon Flowers and Eric Berry are pro bowlers, Sean Smith is an extremely talented starter and has pro bowl potential at DB. Derrick Johnson is a pro bowl caliber ILB and both of their OLB's can get you double digit sacks in a season (which I think will happen this year). Their DL is beast as well, Poe is going to have a great season; 2 of their 3 starting DL were 1st rounders and extremely talented.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alex was in a no win situation with Nolan and Singletary. They had no idea what to do on offense and brought in OC's (outside of Martz and Turner) that wanted to run run run. They had no idea how to groom a QB and it showed. As soon as a coach came in that knew how to handle a QB, Alex thrived and reached his maximum potential.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kaep is a beast athlete. He still has a bit to learn about the passing game but I believe he will continue to develop. Last year many believed him to be a 1 read QB, but I don't necessarily agree with that.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex was in a no win situation with Nolan and Singletary. They had no idea what to do on offense and brought in OC's (outside of Martz and Turner) that wanted to run run run. They had no idea how to groom a QB and it showed. As soon as a coach came in that knew how to handle a QB, Alex thrived and reached his maximum potential.

As far as difficulty level of throws and all that, it may be his maximum, but as far as production, I feel it'll increase. Higher yards, TDs, INTs (marginally), and lower YPA (ballpark but lower), completion percentage, and rating (85-95). All just my opinion. He'll still take sacks, but his online may be more pass oriented than ours (not great but growing). I think Reid won't change his pass happy tendencies but he will use the same difficulty of passes, early downs when they defenses think run (Charles is good enough), and it's not like Smith would do fine on passes 1-29 but start throwing INTs on 30+. But, of course, it is all just a guess.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Alex! At least I can enjoy him whip on the raiders twice this year!

And on the way to bringing home a 2nd rounder!

Yep! Nice username btw. Love the Pharcyde! Bizarre ride will always be one if my favorite albums. Too bad Fat Lip and Slim Kid couldn't work their shit out

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Alex and the Chiefs will do fine, but when they go up against the cream of the crop in the AFC
(Broncos, Pats) Alex will become the eventual limiting factor there just like he was here.
But he can get them pretty far I think, I think they can get into the playoffs.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. I'm just being melodramatic.

7u3.jpg

...never thought I'd be able to use that again.

who put steve blake in a niners uni? :wtf2:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Alex and the Chiefs will do fine, but when they go up against the cream of the crop in the AFC
(Broncos, Pats) Alex will become the eventual limiting factor there just like he was here.

obviously, i hope they do get in......with at least an 8-8 record. but..............

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is a big possibility, but I'm glad he has a chance to prove that wrong. I know that I am in the minority, but I feel that he won't be the limiting factor. And I disagree that he was limiting factor here, but I know that we'll never agree on that, so just agree to disagree. I feel that he could be good enough without being better than Kaepernick. And I feel he could've been used more, without screwing things up. But again, I expect everyone to disagree with me on that. That's okay. Note again that Kaepernick > Smith. No claim against that.

If he had swiftly chosen to go to greener pastures in 2011, he would probably be a backup to Philip Rivers. Or someone else like that. He has enough money already so I'm glad that he's going after something better than just a secure future. There's a risk of failing if you try, else no one fails doing the easy thing (backup). Time as a backup is no comparison to a chance at more. I only say that because I heard a lot of people suggesting he should just establish himself as a great backup or set up roots to coach.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a Alex Smith fan and I wish the guy luck. I think KC goes 9-7 and 49ers get that 2nd rd pick.