• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith traded to Skins

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying, Skins didn't win 11 games at any point with the other QB so...My opinion is this, we have a QB plan in place, now lets continue to build around him, just like we were doing with the other guy and move on. That is my opinion. Notice, I have not thrown out any predictions yet simply because its too early and all pieces are not in place.

HTTR!
and again i was told the next QB would be BETTER , then what KC could do , I have KC winning a playoff game and getting to the divisional round , hence AS MUST make the NFC champioship game or he isnt better

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we had a choice , 5 free agent options and hell a draft so dont sell lies
No one is selling lies. The FO made a choice, good, bad or indifferent the decision was made. As of now, all REDSKINS fans must live with it. KC is gone so move on. Some of us have and others have not. [To be clear, I have always wanted KC to be resigned, I'm disappointed he was not].

HTTR!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying, Skins didn't win 11 games at any point with the other QB so...My opinion is this, we have a QB plan in place, now lets continue to build around him, just like we were doing with the other guy and move on. That is my opinion. Notice, I have not thrown out any predictions yet simply because its too early and all pieces are not in place.

HTTR!

And my thought is this...

You and many others have pounded the table that

1. We would have been better with a better QB than Cousins
2. Smith is a better QB than Cousins

So assuming those two are correct...

I expect BETTER than we did with Cousins. Period.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kc didn't win a playoff game.
again i had KC taking us to the divisonal game in 2018 hence AS must make the NFC championship to be better

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it wasnt in play , it was a given he wasnt signing . what was in play was FA and the draft or the combo of them both. the other options took a back seat because BA wanted to save face period and he failed at that too
I agree, he wasn't signing here.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is selling lies. The FO made a choice, good, bad or indifferent the decision was made. As of now, all REDSKINS fans must live with it. KC is gone so move on. Some of us have and others have not. [To be clear, I have always wanted KC to be resigned, I'm disappointed he was not].

HTTR!
you said they DIDNT HAVE A CHOICE , i gave you 2 hence dont sell lies by BA

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And my thought is this...

You and many others have pounded the table that

1. We would have been better with a better QB than Cousins [We were as good as we were with Cousins]
2. Smith is a better QB than Cousins [Right now, yes. Cousins may surpass Smith, who knows]

So assuming those two are correct...

I expect BETTER than we did with Cousins. Period. [As do I]

HTTR!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you said they DIDNT HAVE A CHOICE , i gave you 2 hence dont sell lies by BA
The "choice" was made because team Cousins wouldn't play. No need to twist or distort anything dad. We are rooting for the same team man. I love Cousins, very good QB, team guy, heck, could likely be in politics as he presents himself very well. He is gone. No need for me to debate the trade for AS. The Skins lost value in this trade but resolved a QB problem. It's over, move on....

HTTR!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "choice" was made because team Cousins wouldn't play. No need to twist or distort anything dad. We are rooting for the same team man. I love Cousins, very good QB, team guy, heck, could likely be in politics as he presents himself very well. He is gone. No need for me to debate the trade for AS. The Skins lost value in this trade but resolved a QB problem. It's over, move on....

HTTR!
there is NO twisting or distorting we had 2 other choices , draft , sign a FA or the combo . trading for smith wasnt the only choice for the 5000000000000000th time

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is NO twisting or distorting we had 2 other choices , draft , sign a FA or the combo . trading for smith wasnt the only choice for the 5000000000000000th time
No where did I say Smith was the ONLY choice. Smith was the decision the FO made. (5000000000000001 time)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No where did I say Smith was the ONLY choice. Smith was the decision the FO made. (5000000000000001 time)
you said we had NO CHIOCE BUT TO MAKE THE TRADE . that damn sure means no other options were available

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Because Cousins camp decided signing a LTD was not an option, it made the plan to make a move imperative by the FO. Period! They chose AS and the trade as their option, not yours, mine or anyone else's. Other viable options seemed to take a back seat to the AS deal. Why? I do not know...I'm not here to roast you, the FO or anyone, I'm just glad the situation is resolved so all parties can move on. Wish KC well and on to rooting for my team, and everyone who currently plays for the REDSKINS!

HTTR!

Yes dad, we lost the value in the trade. The kicker, we had no choice, KC was not signing, period. I believe the trade value (again, we lost) we can agree upon.

As far as the standard goes, we are a sub .500 team, that is the standard right now that this team has set. Where that standard goes moving forward, we all shall see.

HTTR!

the kicker dad is WE HAD NO CHOICE < by thine own words

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again i had KC taking us to the divisonal game in 2018 hence AS must make the NFC championship to be better

Short of some earth shattering moves, some existing players stepping up BIG, and some luck in this division, you’d be hard pressed to find many others with the same optimism as you had going into 2018.

Now...you keep saying that we have 5 other FA QBs to choose from. Still curious who these QBs are and of those available...who would be a better option??? You ignored my statement yesterday. And you are making a lot of assumptions that this guy or that guy will be available when that’s just pure speculation. I’ll wait on your answer....

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HTTR!

The problem is only resolved if we are happy with what we have. I am betting on buyer’s remorse within the first quarter of a season.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much.

We couldve had stability by signing Mark Sanchez to a 5 year 100 million dollar contract fully guaranteed. It still would be stupid.

I'm not going to applaud stability if it means a commitment to a bad decision.

And yet it was one of the biggest reasons for keeping Kirk in place. To make light of that point now is disingenuous. (Not talking about you necessarily, but for those on which the shoe fits)

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is only resolved if we are happy with what we have. I am betting on buyer’s remorse within the first quarter of a season.

IM not.

I figure if we are struggling, the same folks that pointed out how the defense had a good game here or there over the past three years, will be the first ones to scream how its not the QBs fault now. This is what some folks have wanted for the past two or more years.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i could have gotten that by A signing KC or b) signing a FA , not by making a dumb trade

Agreed, and as YOU know, Smith wasn't my choice either. Beyond that, let me simply say that if the point of this is, we have a thoroughbred Jackass making moves and BTW; dumb ass trades, let's also recall that I wanted him (Allen) gone as far back as 2011-2012.

Last edited:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kirk cousins is still the redskins quarterback ...

everything else is speculation ... & fake news

giphy.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? I don't see this as a problem at all unless whatever they traded in return is out of whack. If they are going to move on from Cousins this ain't bad. Just wait & see what happens next season - may not be bad at all.

That is the point though.

Bruce Allen's entire team building strategy hinges on "not being bad".

He routinely overpays for names at the top of the roster, fails to adequately capitalize on draft capital and sacrifices depth for aging vets past their prime.

The Redskins could win 7 or 8 games next year, but make no mistake, "not bad" is the best it gets as long as Bruce Allen is in charge.