• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith Recovery Documentary

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the best for that guy!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude... That infection looked like the bloodshot insides of a deer... Gnarly

Hats off to the man for enduring 17 surgeries to clean it up. Unreal.

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
200.gif

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I chose not to read any comments before I expressed mine. I teared up like a son-of-a-bitch. Damn, that was hard to watch. My heart goes out to him. I refuse to watch the actual injury. I just can't do it. Of course, it goes without saying that I don't watch the Joe Theismann injury either. I'm very happy for Alex and his family. That was one helluva road to travel. It seems as though he's out of the woods now. I hope no more procedures have to be performed. For his sake I hope he is done with football. It's not worth it. I know it's a goal of his and I respect that. I appreciate his drive, but I don't want him to play anymore. He's had a nice 14-year career and I would hang 'em up. Could he pass a physical? I hope he can't. I know that sounds harsh, but as I said, he should put playing football in the rear view mirror. He has a beautiful wife and 3 beautiful children....enough said.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. Thats all I have to say. Wow. After working with alot of post op infections. Just wow.

My second though seeing him working out. WOW. i know its in shorts. But for what hes been through hes SHREDDED. like down the seeing each muscle fiber pop shredded.

I hope he gets a chance. Great story. We all love those. But he was never bad. He was absurdly underrated IMHO. He wasnt gonna single handidly win you 12 games, but he was a top 1/2 of the league qb........

@FaCe-LeE-uS @ATL96Steeler we could use a back up:nod:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. Thats all I have to say. Wow. After working with alot of post op infections. Just wow.

My second though seeing him working out. WOW. i know its in shorts. But for what hes been through hes SHREDDED. like down the seeing each muscle fiber pop shredded.

I hope he gets a chance. Great story. We all love those. But he was never bad. He was absurdly underrated IMHO. He wasnt gonna single handidly win you 12 games, but he was a top 1/2 of the league qb........

I said elsewhere that if Alex Smith could play and Aaron Rodgers refused to play for Green Bay because of Jordan Love, he could be traded to New England and the Packers would trade with Washington and some salary work (Washington get stuck with cap money even if traded so they need to fix that). Alex would mentor Jordan, on and off the field. Jordan would be there if Alex got injured. Alex has a few years with higher pay, but Jordan has rookie salary. So Smith could stay as a well-compensated backup if Love takes over. And then transition to quarterback coach, maybe offensive coordinator later.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I chose not to read any comments before I expressed mine. I teared up like a son-of-a-bitch. Damn, that was hard to watch. My heart goes out to him. I refuse to watch the actual injury. I just can't do it. Of course, it goes without saying that I don't watch the Joe Theismann injury either. I'm very happy for Alex and his family. That was one helluva road to travel. It seems as though he's out of the woods now. I hope no more procedures have to be performed. For his sake I hope he is done with football. It's not worth it. I know it's a goal of his and I respect that. I appreciate his drive, but I don't want him to play anymore. He's had a nice 14-year career and I would hang 'em up. Could he pass a physical? I hope he can't. I know that sounds harsh, but as I said, he should put playing football in the rear view mirror. He has a beautiful wife and 3 beautiful children....enough said.

I know he wouldn’t want a token start, but I think it would be pretty cool if they could keep him at least as a backup and suit up every day and work out and if Haskins gets injured, be relief duty.

And then if in week 17 they have clinched the playoffs, seeding, or are eliminated from the playoff contention, give him a start. I don’t know how long he would play, but I would like to see him have at least one more snap.

I know he doesn’t want charity and his goal is to earn it, but I would like for a different play to be his final snap. It would have to be a conservative play that doesn’t lead to another sack. And hopefully too bad teams so his winning percentage doesn’t get hurt by one snap.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since coming to the NFL, Alex has always been the class act

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking hell...

More testicular fortitude than me.

I'd have packed it in.

Nah you’d be fine. 5 years ago I was in the same position as Alex after a car accident. 7 surgeries on my right ankle alone, not including the rest of the surgeries across the rest of my body to repair it. It’s tough, there where days that I wanted to pack it in, just like Alex at times. But the body is amazing, and with science and medicine today, anything is possible. Outside of our own will it is the optimism of the Doctors and nurses that get you through the unknown.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I had to sum up Alex Smith's career in one sentence....he was rarely the reason the team won or loss a game that mattered.

He's better than Rudolph if he can play, but he's one of these guys I'd like to see walk away while he still can.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to sum up Alex Smith's career in one sentence....he was rarely the reason the team won or loss a game that mattered.

He's better than Rudolph if he can play, but he's one of these guys I'd like to see walk away while he still can.
U know he's coming back if he can..... crazy but he's overcome so much. I'm rooting for him.