• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith passes Steve Young

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@49ersPR Alex Smith sets franchise record for consecutive pass attempts w/o INT - 185. Steve Young had 184

and still counting. Just unbelievable to me.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats got to be a confidence builder, I am just happy to see him play well against a good team.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Alex, a long way from the guy who seemed to throw an INT every time the 49ers needed a completion. I have to put it in context though, he should be the one with this stat for the 49ers because he plays it so safe with the ball. Still, it is no small feat, its really hard to always make the right decision when LBs and defensive linemen are trying to take your head off

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came across this while doing other research. First, congrats to Alex on a great 49ers record and welcome to your part in this discussion which includes both Montana & Young

By contrast however, the NFL record for pass attempts w/o an INT stands at 358, set by Tom Brady covering 47 quarters from 10/17/2010-9/12/2011

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@49ersPR Alex Smith sets franchise record for consecutive pass attempts w/o INT - 185. Steve Young had 184

and still counting. Just unbelievable to me.

Good for him! I think he is going to get better because his options have improved. When your 4th option on a pass play is Mario Manningham, you have a pretty decent group of receivers.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him! I think he is going to get better because his options have improved. When your 4th option on a pass play is Mario Manningham, you have a pretty decent group of receivers.

Absolutely!!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chart on this NFC West Blog entry is pretty cool for reference to all QBs.

Interception rates since 49ers' streak began - NFC West Blog - ESPN

Effing ESPN or as someone once called them BS-PeeN - These jerkwads must be the most incompetent statisticians to ever grace the globe!

First off you NEVER use dropbacks as the denominator to measure an INT ratio. So, to correct the tards over at WTF, Smith had zero INT's over 173 pass attempts since the beginning of the StL game during week 13.

Second, since WTF is counting "Dropped INT's" on one side of the equation they have to count them on the other side as well in order to create a +/- net result. As an example, although it shows up on Smith's stat line, I don't think too many people are blaming Smith for Ginn's INT vs. the NYG's.

Third, weighting "INT's" & "Almost INT's" the same then combining them into a numerator is just dumb on so many levels. Doing so removes a contrasting statistic as well as other statistical derivations.

Fourth, Shouldn't the title of the article be: "Interception & Almost Interception Rates Since The 49ers' Streak Began"

Finally, Smith had more then two "Almost INT's" last year as well as a 6th INT to Webster (NYG) that was nullified by an off-side penalty.

Effing tards over at WTF at it again

[/Rant]

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably would have to string it through 4 or five teams into the arena league 'cuz no way would you keep your gig in one place.

Haha - True Dat!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chart on this NFC West Blog entry is pretty cool for reference to all QBs.

Interception rates since 49ers' streak began - NFC West Blog - ESPN

Effing ESPN or as someone once called them BS-PeeN - These jerkwads must be the most incompetent statisticians to ever grace the globe!

First off you NEVER use dropbacks as the denominator to measure an INT ratio. So, to correct the tards over at WTF, Smith had zero INT's over 173 pass attempts since the beginning of the StL game during week 13.

Second, since WTF is counting "Dropped INT's" on one side of the equation they have to count them on the other side as well in order to create a +/- net result. As an example, although it shows up on Smith's stat line, I don't think too many people are blaming Smith for Ginn's INT vs. the NYG's.

Third, weighting "INT's" & "Almost INT's" the same then combining them into a numerator is just dumb on so many levels. Doing so removes a contrasting statistic as well as other statistical derivations.

Fourth, Shouldn't the title of the article be: "Interception & Almost Interception Rates Since The 49ers' Streak Began"

Finally, Smith had more then two "Almost INT's" last year as well as a 6th INT to Webster (NYG) that was nullified by an off-side penalty.

Effing tards over at WTF at it again

[/Rant]

Oh, the content of the chart was heavily flawed, but I thought the aesthetics of the chart looked pretty cool. Just kidding. ;)

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, the content of the chart was heavily flawed, but I thought the aesthetics of the chart looked pretty cool. Just kidding. ;)

I would say the information is not so much flawed as it is meaningless - much like their QBR BS.

As for the "chart" aesthetics, first, it is a table not a chart; second, even that needs improvement, columns 1 & 3-6 should have centered. ;)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the information is not so much flawed as it is meaningless - much like their QBR BS.

As for the "chart" aesthetics, first, it is a table not a chart; second, even that needs improvement, columns 1 & 3-6 should have centered. ;)

Table-Chart, Potato-Potato. Hmm... that doesn't work that well on text. Rather than centering the text, I'd move the lines, make it into a chart, and delete the whole thing.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
extended it to 216 tonight.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
extended it to 216 tonight.

Based on his current average of 28.5 Att's per game he would break the NFL record in 5 games, at the end of the Seattle game on Thursday night. Still too far off to get excited (IMO) but his ownership of the Att/No-INT team record will last for quite some time I'm sure.

pepperfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smith new record

yeah it amazing that alex smith is turning out to be a great QB. passing steve young record is just the beginning for him i guess