• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Seahawks Pursuing Former 49er Aldon Smith

This is just a weird one. I don't expect this to happen at all. 1) Bruce Irvin (who I assume people think would be displaced by this move) is supposed to be having the best camp of his career. 2) Aldon is a 3-4 OLB, which is a whole other beast from a 4-3 OLB - even the hybrid LEO that Seattle wants. 3) Though Seattle has cap space, the run ins with the law would make him undesirable.

Thoughts?

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts?

You're high.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About posting it? Or not wanting him?

Posting.

The article is click bait. I saw that PFT article last week. We aren't pursuing him. We are one of a dozen or so teams where Smith is a scheme fit. At least in the authors opinion. All that said? If Smith wanted to come to Seattle on a "prove it" deal we would be foolish to not explore it. Our last two playoff losses can be directly attributed to losing pass rushers at key moments. You can never stock pile enough of them.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posting.

The article is click bait. I saw that PFT article last week. We aren't pursuing him. We are one of a dozen or so teams where Smith is a scheme fit. At least in the authors opinion. All that said? If Smith wanted to come to Seattle on a "prove it" deal we would be foolish to not explore it. Our last two playoff losses can be directly attributed to losing pass rushers at key moments. You can never stock pile enough of them.

Click bait? Of course, but then again, most stuff is just click bait. So what?

As for bringing him in if he did come on a "prove it" deal, I would still be against it. This player, more than any other, has been the poster child of what has been wrong with the 49ers for the last year and a half. Hell, hi slife has been the butt of more 9ers jokes and jibes on this board than anyone other than Kaep or Harbaugh. There is a time when talent does not outweigh personality, and Smith can't keep himself out of trouble.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we are really going after him, but if he came in dirt cheap with every rider possible to remove team liability why wouldn't they? At best he's a depth guy that finds some game time this year, maybe late in the season, after his almost sure suspension coming and at worst he doesn't see the field due to that suspension or doing something else stupid.

As long as he's only paid if he plays and it's for cheap, you'd have to have a screw loose to not want it.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I want that kind of person on our team? No. Do I think the team would still pick him up? Yes.

Always fun attacking players of your rivals and he's given us a lot to work with there, but this is different than Hardy, Rice, or Vic. He's not beating up women or killing dogs.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just cause I don't wanna start another thread.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith will immediately be slapped with a one year suspension if there is a team dumb enough to sign him. Factor in the PR nightmare for the team I would almost bet a mortgage payment that his career is done. However, this is the NFL we are talking about.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith will immediately be slapped with a one year suspension if there is a team dumb enough to sign him. Factor in the PR nightmare for the team I would almost bet a mortgage payment that his career is done. However, this is the NFL we are talking about.

This is a new era of the NFL, but Pac Man Jones had more brushes with the law and has somehow turned it around.

IMO...Smith has some mental health issues and probably needs some time away from the game to get some real help...that said...if he shows up next year this time in shape and cleaned up...there will be 3 to 4 teams willing to give him another shot.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really isnt much downside or risk in signing him, so someone is going to. If he's suspended (which he will be), he's not going to get paid and there wouldnt be much if any cap hit. To me the only risk is if he has a chance to tear apart the locker room, which on this team is extremely remote. This is just like the Greg Hardy thing. The Cowboys would have really been out nothing had that suspension held up.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt that the Hawks would kick the can around on this.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's extremely talented, no question ... But the guy just can't keep his hands clean ... I'm positive another team takes a shot at him though, if its at the right price ... If Seattle took that chance I'd be ok with it ... But he'd have to be on a short leash ... Odds are really high he'd screw up again ...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a new era of the NFL, but Pac Man Jones had more brushes with the law and has somehow turned it around.

IMO...Smith has some mental health issues and probably needs some time away from the game to get some real help...that said...if he shows up next year this time in shape and cleaned up...there will be 3 to 4 teams willing to give him another shot.

No doubt about it ... Agreed

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 1yr "prove it" deal wouldn't be bad. He serves out his suspension, gets mandatory treatment during his suspension time and hopefully comes back clean and sober. If he screws up, cut bait.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how long Smith gets suspended for. I'm guessing a long time.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sound about right, going to be a while before any team is interested in signing Smith.

I think someone will sign Smith with the condition he has to get help during his susp. If a team doesn't add this to his contract, then their playing with fire.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think someone will sign Smith with the condition he has to get help during his susp. If a team doesn't add this to his contract, then their playing with fire.
Mmmm maybe, seeing how a team doesn't have to pay him while he's suspended. Guess we'll see.