• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith was involved in a serious car crash Friday night

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually agree, this guy is so careless about the deers he chooses to be in cars around. How old is he? 25-26? he should know which deers he could trust to not run into the road as he sits in passenger seats of cars by now.

So you are buying the "deer" story? I think I used that one on my dad when I was sixteen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are buying the "deer" story? I think I used that one on my dad when I was sixteen.

LOL!! It must be our age because I'm not buying that shit for a minute either.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could be a story, but could actually be a deer running out in front of him. I've had many deers run out in front of me in my life, it happens.

There is really no reason to assume the lie is more probable.

While the DUI was stupid, I don't hold being stabbed against him. He was breaking up a fight by all accounts. I hardly consider that a red flag. Every player in this league parties, Aldon was unlucky enough break up a fight with the wrong guy.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what kind of parties do these people go to? i've never been at one with weapons being used.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what kind of parties do these people go to? i've never been at one with weapons being used.

I have. Not just knifes, guns as well. Drunk people do dumb things. Seemingly normal parties go wrong all the time. In my experience anyway. It's happened enough times in my life that I no longer enjoy parties.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually agree, this guy is so careless about the deers he chooses to be in cars around. How old is he? 25-26? he should know which deers he could trust to not run into the road as he sits in passenger seats of cars by now.

Haha, someone else who thinks like I do. That was what I was trying to sarcastically say earlier in the thread. Sickness pointed out that Aldon was the passenger not the driver...

Well, that changes everything. He should be more responsible choosing his drivers just like inviting his guests to his parties. Choosing a driver who would drive next to another driver who would swerve into Aldon's car all because of a stupid, as my 16 month old says, deeo?! Terrible judgment.

I like your video, though I could only watch about 4 seconds of it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!! It must be our age because I'm not buying that shit for a minute either.

Especially with his history already of DUI and getting knifed at a party.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a story, but could actually be a deer running out in front of him. I've had many deers run out in front of me in my life, it happens.

There is really no reason to assume the lie is more probable.

While the DUI was stupid, I don't hold being stabbed against him. He was breaking up a fight by all accounts. I hardly consider that a red flag. Every player in this league parties, Aldon was unlucky enough break up a fight with the wrong guy.

I think when you grow up and become a professional you have to leave that stuff behind. You have to be smart enough not to put yourself in those situations. There is just too much at stake. He has a chance to set himself and his family up for life and football is probably his only opportunity. He needs to be smarter.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially with his history already of DUI and getting knifed at a party.

Yeah exactly - he is either not seeing or managing his risks very well. Whether he is at fault or not for any of these "events" he is becoming a common denominator in them.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just shocked this stayed out of the news for 3 days

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when you grow up and become a professional you have to leave that stuff behind. You have to be smart enough not to put yourself in those situations. There is just too much at stake. He has a chance to set himself and his family up for life and football is probably his only opportunity. He needs to be smarter.

I'm sure the number of players who party in the NFL is in the high 90%. Teammates go out after games all the time. Partying isn't a red flag, breaking up fights at parties isn't a red flag, getting stabbed by a guy while breaking up a fight isn't a red flag either.

If aldon was the guy fighting or stabbing I'd have a problem, but he tried to do the decent thing and it went bad.

While I'd prefer it if he lived in the gym and studied film 24/7, with his free time dedicated entirely to helping orphans, that's not a reality.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah exactly - he is either not seeing or managing his risks very well. Whether he is at fault or not for any of these "events" he is becoming a common denominator in them.

That is the point I was getting at. I think our generation believes more that you assume responsibility for your actions and the situations you put yourself in. I'm not sure that the younger folks do. These days its always someone else's fault.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the number of players who party in the NFL is in the high 90%. Teammates go out after games all the time. Partying isn't a red flag, breaking up fights at parties isn't a red flag, getting stabbed by a guy while breaking up a fight isn't a red flag either.

If aldon was the guy fighting or stabbing I'd have a problem, but he tried to do the decent thing and it went bad.

While I'd prefer it if he lived in the gym and studied film 24/7, with his free time dedicated entirely to helping orphans, that's not a reality.

And I think that is a big reason why you see so many of them in trouble or ending up like Vince Young. As for those incidents not being red flags, I disagree whole heartedly. I don't believe Smith was an innocent bystander in that fight either. All kids say that.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

That is the point I was getting at. I think our generation believes more that you assume responsibility for your actions and the situations you put yourself in. I'm not sure that the younger folks do. These days its always someone else's fault.

I hope NO ONE on this board takes this personally because this response is not directed at anyone here at all - even if you are young; but, by my observations, I could NOT agree with you more Brother.

I have kids in their mid-30's and teaching them accountability, what it is, what it means and what it entails was like teaching calculus to a 4-year old.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope NO ONE on this board takes this personally because this response is not directed at anyone here at all - even if you are young; but, by my observations, I could NOT agree with you more Brother.

I have kids in their mid-30's and teaching them accountability, what it is, what it means and what it entails was like teaching calculus to a 4-year old.

We are in the same boat.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha! Somehow I knew there'd be beer in your boat.

Indeed! Sitting in a cooler filled with 2 bags of ice, mixed with 2 cups of salt and plenty for both of us!

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think that is a big reason why you see so many of them in trouble or ending up like Vince Young. As for those incidents not being red flags, I disagree whole heartedly. I don't believe Smith was an innocent bystander in that fight either. All kids say that.

All of your judgement are based on your assumption that Aldon is a pathological liar, which is based on some idea of guilt by means of being young.

Yes, some people lie to get out of trouble, but some people actually do end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. You can't act like some wise old man, then completely dismiss the possibility of thing not going as planned.

What are your dismissals of the deer and witness accounts of him breaking up the fight based on? It has to be more than an expectation of young people lying. Does Aldon have a long standing history of being caught in lies?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of your judgement are based on your assumption that Aldon is a pathological liar, which is based on some idea of guilt by means of being young.

Yes, some people lie to get out of trouble, but some people actually do end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. You can't act like some wise old man, then completely dismiss the possibility of thing not going as planned.

What are your dismissals of the deer and witness accounts of him breaking up the fight based on? It has to be more than an expectation of young people lying. Does Aldon have a long standing history of being caught in lies?

Believe me, I was oung and dumb at one time too but I never had as much on the line as Smith does. I just think you gotta be smart about the situations you allow yourself to be in. You should be able to anticipate trouble just by your surroundings and the company you keep. As for acting like a wise old man as you said, I'm not acting. I am a wise old man.