• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith Suspended For One Year

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know man. A year seems a bit much. Maybe he can have it reduced.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know man. A year seems a bit much. Maybe he can have it reduced.

I don't know. The league comes down hard on multiple offenders and Aldon has had more than one offense and it isn't far removed from his prior offenses. Under the terms of his probation, if he drinks at all, he is not allowed to drive so even if he is technically not DUI, I suspect if can be shown he had alcohol in his system after driving he would be violating the terms of his probation.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he do now?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he do now?

This is for the DUI and hit and run he was charged with during Training Camp. Apparently the league isn'tw waiting for the legal process to run its course in this matter.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is for the DUI and hit and run he was charged with during Training Camp. Apparently the league isn'tw waiting for the legal process to run its course in this matter.

Oh, hadn't heard that... Can't say I'm surprised though

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, hadn't heard that... Can't say I'm surprised though

It was big news. TMZ reported a crazy story about it being Kaepernick's car but it was a women's car that lives in his apartment complex. It was really dumb on his part. He hit her car in the parking lot. A minor fender bender. Had he just put a note on her car it would have been a civil matter that no one would have ever found out about. Instead he hits the car and walks away to his apartment. A neighbor saw the whole thing and called the cops and that is when the whole thing came down on him.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hopeful he makes an amazing comeback. He can start by turning in his drivers license and use Uber.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pray that he turns his personal life around. Forget about football, but just stay sober and be a responsible citizen. I really thought Niners made the right choice in selecting him instead of JJ Watt. Boy was I wrong.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pray that he turns his personal life around. Forget about football, but just stay sober and be a responsible lcitizen. I really thought Niners made the right choice in selecting him instead of JJ Watt. Boy was I wrong.
LOL, even the so-called experts get it wrong all the time. It ain't easy.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About time. He should not have been allowed to play. Niners released him to send a message that he needed to get his shit strait before he could play. Just ignoring 5 arrests and 3 dui's in 4 years and le
It was big news. TMZ reported a crazy story about it being Kaepernick's car but it was a women's car that lives in his apartment complex. It was really dumb on his part. He hit her car in the parking lot. A minor fender bender. Had he just put a note on her car it would have been a civil matter that no one would have ever found out about. Instead he hits the car and walks away to his apartment. A neighbor saw the whole thing and called the cops and that is when the whole thing came down on him.

My buddies brother is an assistant DA in Santa Clara... he said the story he heard was that there was an ongoing dispute with his neighbor about them parking on the line and not giving him enough room to park his car. They had argued about it before several times. Aldon came home and they were parked badly and he snapped and hit their car and then when he opened his door he slammed it into their car.

Thats the story I got.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About time. He should not have been allowed to play. Niners released him to send a message that he needed to get his shit strait before he could play. Just ignoring 5 arrests and 3 dui's in 4 years and le

My buddies brother is an assistant DA in Santa Clara... he said the story he heard was that there was an ongoing dispute with his neighbor about them parking on the line and not giving him enough room to park his car. They had argued about it before several times. Aldon came home and they were parked badly and he snapped and hit their car and then when he opened his door he slammed it into their car.

Thats the story I got.

Interesting. I heard about a dispute with his neighbor. What you are describing above looks more like vandalism and not hit and run. I heard a neighbor called police and the police confronted Aldon when he came out of his apartment. It is then when they smelled alcohol on his breath.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I heard about a dispute with his neighbor. What you are describing above looks more like vandalism and not hit and run. I heard a neighbor called police and the police confronted Aldon when he came out of his apartment. It is then when they smelled alcohol on his breath.

If you leave a scene of an accident you are involved in its hit and run. The police had to come out and start looking for who did it and then he emerged smelling like alcohol.. Paints a picture doesn't it. I bet his lawyer argues he went inside his house after the collision and did 10 vodka shots.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you leave a scene of an accident you are involved in its hit and run. The police had to come out and start looking for who did it and then he emerged smelling like alcohol.. Paints a picture doesn't it. I bet his lawyer argues he went inside his house after the collision and did 10 vodka shots.

Right, but wasn't one of his conditions being to not drink even if he's not driving? And I thought that when the charges first came out someone said it was vandalism then it turned into the hit-and-run story. That kind of merges the two accounts that were told here in this thread. I'm not saying that vandalism turned into hit-and-run. I'm saying that the reports that came out were so different and both of them came out at different times.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but wasn't one of his conditions being to not drink even if he's not driving? And I thought that when the charges first came out someone said it was vandalism then it turned into the hit-and-run story. That kind of merges the two accounts that were told here in this thread. I'm not saying that vandalism turned into hit-and-run. I'm saying that the reports that came out were so different and both of them came out at different times.
According to.his agent he was allowed to drink as long as he didn't drive

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted a year. Sounds about right. This was his 5th time getting in trouble. i do think the NFL should of done this at the start of the season because in a way A. Smith loses 2 years. That was a bad job by the NFL or they could of just suspended him for next year.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would guess that the original collision while he was driving the car is "hit and run" since he left the scene... but purposely opening his car door and slamming it into the neighbors car.... is vandalism. Just a pure speculative guess though.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, I reread your post. I thought he just did damage by intentially opening his door against the other car which would be vandalism. Based on what you said, it appeared he also struck the other vehicle while entering his park spot so he could have two charges, Hit and Run and Vandalism.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess that the original collision while he was driving the car is "hit and run" since he left the scene... but purposely opening his car door and slamming it into the neighbors car.... is vandalism. Just a pure speculative guess though.

Yeah, my fault. What you said makes sense. I haven't really been paying attention to the whole thing. He either plays for my team or he doesn't.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cry me a river. Glad he's out and I hope he doesn't come back into the NFL. He is a lost cause. On a postive note he hasn't killed anyone yet by his addiction.