• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith DUI

TruHoxFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, it's a DUI charge not a murder charge. I'm guessing you've never ever had a few drinks and drove home.

Actually, I haven't and I'm pretty sure I'm in good company there. Stupid not to use alternatives when they are available. But, as everyone knows by now, the first thing to go down the crapper is judgemental faculties when you get shit-eyed drunk like Smith did.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Actually, I haven't

Neither have I because I'm not a complete asshole. You made it seem like such a small thing when he put innocent people's lives in mortal danger for the sake of him drinking. I'm sure you'd feel different about it if he killed your family.

AintNoSaint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technicality? Pee test maybe....tree test? Nawp! Referring to thoughts on getting off on a technicality...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Someone suggested (I don't remember where I read this, it may have been here) that the 49ers hire someone full-time to make sure he stays out of trouble, much like the Rangers and Angels have done for Josh Hamilton. I think that's a great idea for repeat offenders in every league. If these guys can't function on their own without doing something stupid and/or reckless, and the team insists on continuing to employ them despite that, then a team-appointed babysitter (or, more likely, a team of babysitters) should be employed, and the cost for it should come out of the player's paycheck. Maybe the embarrassment of being a grown man who needs a babysitter will get these guys to shape up, or maybe there's nothing short of a personal epiphany by these players that will get them to stop. There isn't a team in sports immune to this kind of thing and it's time that the leagues or the teams started doing something about it beyond a slap on the wrist. I know that's probably wishful thinking, right?

Honestly, nobody stops until they reach some type of personal epiphany, unfortunately. Teams and leagues really need to address this knucklehead behavior somehow but I'm not sure how. Money means nothing to these guys and the personal conduct policy is a joke for the most part.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, it's a DUI charge not a murder charge. I'm guessing you've never ever had a few drinks and drove home.

In fairness, this isn't stopping off after work to share a piazza and a couple of beers with a friend. Getting black out drunk at 7.00am in the morning while driving is inexcusable. He's got a serious abuse problem and I suspect until he hits rock bottom, it will not get better. Tacoma Canuck put it best when he stated that it will not get better until Aldon finds a personal epiphany. Hopes he finds it.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, this isn't stopping off after work to share a piazza and a couple of beers with a friend...
I'd rather not know how a person and his friends share Mike Piazza.

:laugh3:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I haven't and I'm pretty sure I'm in good company there. Stupid not to use alternatives when they are available. But, as everyone knows by now, the first thing to go down the crapper is judgemental faculties when you get shit-eyed drunk like Smith did.

I didn't say drive after being drunk. Go out to dinner, have a drink with dinner and then leave. I'm not trying minimize him being hammered and wrecking his vehicle. He could've killed someone or himself. I'm just pissed that this is even happening. He is becoming an embarrassment for the team.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, this isn't stopping off after work to share a piazza and a couple of beers with a friend. Getting black out drunk at 7.00am in the morning while driving is inexcusable. He's got a serious abuse problem and I suspect until he hits rock bottom, it will not get better. Tacoma Canuck put it best when he stated that it will not get better until Aldon finds a personal epiphany. Hopes he finds it.

I agree. I had just found out about it and was honestly shocked and pissed at the same time.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Appears he tried to murder a tree with his car. I wouldn't brush that off. We're talking about the city of SF. Tree hugger central. Many in that city consider this worse than killing a human.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could the NFL give Smith a double suspension like what the MLB did? Aldon got nabbed for a DUI AND had weed on him. I can remember exactly why Von Miller got suspended but wasn't it simply for weed alone? Aldon Smith might be done for a while

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could the NFL give Smith a double suspension like what the MLB did? Aldon got nabbed for a DUI AND had weed on him. I can remember exactly why Von Miller got suspended but wasn't it simply for weed alone? Aldon Smith might be done for a while

Miller got suspended for as long as he did because his sample, which he had to provide because he was in, I believe, the league's substance abuse program already, was diluted. If Smith is also in that program, the double whammy of suspicion of DUI and possession of marijuana could increase his suspension, assuming the lead suspends him. I'm just guessing here. I have long since given up on trying to figure out the different fines and suspensions that professional sports leagues hand out for various violations and their frequency and/or severity. That's before you factor in the appeals process. This whole thing could stretch into next year before a final decision is made for all we know.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Above Reproach strikes again.

Aldon practiced this afternoon with the team and Harblah says he will play on Sunday.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read Kaep was limping some at practice this week,Niners better get this W at home because i think Indy can make it a tough one for them right now.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read Kaep was limping some at practice this week,Niners better get this W at home because i think Indy can make it a tough one for them right now.

It's only a matter of time with those ballerina legs of his that he was going to start taking some shots that linger. A read option QB that tall in the NFL is going to take a lot of punishing shots to this knees and ankles during sacks and tackles. While he's got the sliding thing down, those legs of his are going to end up damaged sooner than later. RG3 the same thing. Ballerina leg QB + ordered to run a lot to make up for run game deficiencies = ACL waiting to happen.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure gum chewer would have let him practice as well.

Harbaugh has made it clear that he holds his team to a much higher standard.

Maybe he is taking Smith at his word in an instance that his word shouldnt really mean much.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh has made it clear that he holds his team to a much higher standard.

Maybe he is taking Smith at his word in an instance that his word shouldnt really mean much.

Harbs should've never said that. He opened himself up to scrutiny even though I think he meant it in regards to cheating. Either way, it's bulletin board now and it can't be taken back.