• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama/Wisconsin schedule H&H

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Alabama changed it's OOC scheduling philosophy since they realized that Saban won't be there in a couple of years??
2 things IMO:

1. Greg Byrne

2. Chick-Fil-A fucked us over this year by giving us Duke to play. Rumor is that PISSED Saban off. So now we are only doing H&H going forward

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played back in 2015, so in the 11 year period between 2015-2026 Alabama will have played more games against Wisconsin than Georgia

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things IMO:

1. Greg Byrne

2. Chick-Fil-A fucked us over this year by giving us Duke to play. Rumor is that PISSED Saban off. So now we are only doing H&H going forward

Bama still has some say in who they play. Its not as if they were bound to whoever ChickFilA drew out of a hat.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. 2 easy wins for Alabama.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Alabama was scheduled to play Miami this year instead of Duke. Miami dropped out of the game to play Florida instead for recruiting reasons. The Alabama/Miami game was moved to 2021. Duke was the only team really available after Miami backed out. So these rumors Alabama is mad because of who their opponent is and is changing their philosophy regarding scheduling isn't true.

Alabama and the Chick-fila kickoff both had to scramble after Miami made the decision to play an old Rival this season instead.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the last time Bama played an “outstanding” opponent for a home and home?
Don't be mad because Alabama schedules smart. Just worry about why your favorite team doesn't. The SEC and ACC in general are smarter in regards to scheduling than the rest of the country. They know an 8 game conference schedule with a good OOC opponent isn't going to hurt them in regards to the playoffs and take advantage of it. They know their conference title contenders are going to get another quality game in the Conference title game. While the BIG, PAC and Big 12 keep trying to force a 9 game conference schedule and put themselves at a greater risk of missing the Playoffs.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Alabama was scheduled to play Miami this year instead of Duke. Miami dropped out of the game to play Florida instead for recruiting reasons. The Alabama/Miami game was moved to 2021. Duke was the only team really available after Miami backed out. So these rumors Alabama is mad because of who their opponent is and is changing their philosophy regarding scheduling isn't true.

Alabama and the Chick-fila kickoff both had to scramble after Miami made the decision to play an old Rival this season instead.

No biggie, Miami probably wouldn't have kept it close. Wisconsin smashed Miami seven months ago in the Pinstripe Bowl:

2018 pinstripe bowl - Google Search

UW+MIAMI+SCORE.jpg

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be mad because Alabama schedules smart. Just worry about why your favorite team doesn't. The SEC and ACC in general are smarter in regards to scheduling than the rest of the country. They know an 8 game conference schedule with a good OOC opponent isn't going to hurt them in regards to the playoffs and take advantage of it. They know their conference title contenders are going to get another quality game in the Conference title game. While the BIG, PAC and Big 12 keep trying to force a 9 game conference schedule and put themselves at a greater risk of missing the Playoffs.

Michigan State was 3-9 in 16. The only way they could’ve smartened their schedule enough to get in a bowl would’ve been to play Rutgers 3 more times.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:Clemson played Pitt in the ACC CCG last year! :lol:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn’t knocking Alabama’s scheduling. I was more making fun of the Syracuse fan for saying that Notre Dame is not an “outstanding” opponent.

I am one of the few B1G, Big12, or PAC fans that do not complain about the 8 game conference schedule and have stated many, many times that I would like to see everyone but the Big12 (because they can do a round robin which is the best conference schedule option) to go to a Georgia type of scheduling with 8 conference games and two P5 OOC opponents required every year.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn’t knocking Alabama’s scheduling. I was more making fun of the Syracuse fan for saying that Notre Dame is not an “outstanding” opponent.

I am one of the few B1G, Big12, or PAC fans that do not complain about the 8 game conference schedule and have stated many, many times that I would like to see everyone but the Big12 (because they can do a round robin which is the best conference schedule option) to go to a Georgia type of scheduling with 8 conference games and two P5 OOC opponents required every year.

Playing some teams in your conference once every 7-8 years but Mercer and Citadel types all the time and min twice a season? Fuck that. I'd rather lose big and bad and ugly playing better OOC teams and all of your conference. We got better shit to do on a beautiful Saturday than see the team play another team with maybe a cpl kids that will get undrafted free agent invites.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing some teams in your conference once every 7-8 years but Mercer and Citadel types all the time and min twice a season? Fuck that. I'd rather lose big and bad and ugly playing better OOC teams and all of your conference. We got better shit to do on a beautiful Saturday than see the team play another team with maybe a cpl kids that will get undrafted free agent invites.
Just curious what the huge difference is between 9 conference games and teams playing only 1 P5 opponent vs 8 conference games and 2 P5 opponents. They would play the same amount of cupcakes. I also want to kill divisions so that you can play conference opponents much more regularly.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotcha.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:Clemson played Pitt in the ACC CCG last year! :lol:
Which is better than playing the worst team in your conference as a 9th conference game. Pretty simple to understand.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tain't what ya said.
No I said this...

"They know their conference title contenders are going to get another quality game in the Conference title game.They know their conference title contenders are going to get another quality game in the Conference title game."

Which is true most seasons.You chose to pick an outlier when Clemson played 7-5 Pitt. But you didn't look at the other seasons.

ACC title game losers heading into the game

2017- 10-2 Miami
2016- 9-3 Virginia Tech
2015- 11-1 North Carolina
2014- 10-2 Georgia Tech
2013- 10-2 Duke

My comment was correct and you tried to show one example where it was questionable without showing the full sample size. Fact is the Conference title for both conferences usually is 2 10 win teams going head to head in most cases.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I said this...

"They know their conference title contenders are going to get another quality game in the Conference title game.They know their conference title contenders are going to get another quality game in the Conference title game."

Which is true most seasons.You chose to pick an outlier when Clemson played 7-5 Pitt. But you didn't look at the other seasons.

ACC title game losers heading into the game

2017- 10-2 Miami
2016- 9-3 Virginia Tech
2015- 11-1 North Carolina
2014- 10-2 Georgia Tech
2013- 10-2 Duke

My comment was correct and you tried to show one example where it was questionable without showing the full sample size. Fact is the Conference title for both conferences usually is 2 10 win teams going head to head in most cases.
Nope.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently the ACC couldn't talk Virginia Tech into dropping one of their two FCS opponents?