• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama vs A&M Pulls a 9.0

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all too true, he is dynamic and exciting....and lucky and foolish. I have not doen the research, but I would bet he had close to 200 yards in that game due to DB's not turning their heads, or blind luck that his receivers came down with the ball. His lob style would get most QB's pulled, but yet he continues to play because he is the exalted one. He is going to have some high interception numbers if he continues to play that style of ball.

He's going to give Kevin Sumlin a heart attack or a stroke. His blood pressure has to be off the charts.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you SEC teabaggers believe that high scoring affairs with zero defense wasn't quality football? At least that's what you tell Big 12 folk.....

Bama's DB's are pretty bad. Thank goodness your team only has 1 more tough game this season and doesn't play anymore explosive offenses.....

Let it all out little guy, I'm sure you've got plenty more pent up anger toward superior teams you want to tell us about. It'll help you sleep better.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you SEC teabaggers believe that high scoring affairs with zero defense wasn't quality football? At least that's what you tell Big 12 folk.....
Actually the correct belief is that defenses win championships and the Big 12 doesn't play defense...Texas is a fine example of this.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You misunderstood, they were saying that Big12 football isn't quality. Doesn't matter the style :yahoo:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all too true, he is dynamic and exciting....and lucky and foolish. I have not doen the research, but I would bet he had close to 200 yards in that game due to DB's not turning their heads, or blind luck that his receivers came down with the ball. His lob style would get most QB's pulled, but yet he continues to play because he is the exalted one. He is going to have some high interception numbers if he continues to play that style of ball.

Do you think that the DB not turning their head was by choice? Just sheer "rebel without a cause" type play?

or was it perhaps because the route was a good one and the ball was thrown at the right time that the DB didn't have time to get position and then turn and look for the ball? If it is the first, then your scouting and development coaches all need to be fired. :laugh3:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama's DB's are pretty bad. Thank goodness your team only has 1 more tough game this season and doesn't play anymore explosive offenses.....

Saban addressed this in his Monday Press meeting and as much as said that starter from last year or not, competition breeds efficiency(not in those words) but they know he is looking at anyone who plays that position as a potential starter, no matter how long they have been with the team.

I wouldnt go so far as to say pretty bad, just one game and the jury is still out on what this defense will end up being. If i know our coaching staff, they will get it turned around or heads will roll and positions will be lost, this much i do know. Time will tell, but they probably will end up a top 10 defense before the year is out, one bad game does not a season make.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You misunderstood, they were saying that Big12 football isn't quality. Doesn't matter the style :yahoo:

Not sure I buy that. Aggy was a punching bag and could not compete in the Big 12, but are competing in the mighty SEC just fine.......

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the correct belief is that defenses win championships and the Big 12 doesn't play defense...Texas is a fine example of this.

Huh? Texas has won a BCS title and played for another one. Bad example......

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give Exe's props. His program is a bonafide dumpster fire and he is trolling the shit out of people.

:happy:

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You folks from Alabama just have to give it up to a quarterback for two years in a row, made your boys look bad. He makes a lot of teams look bad. The guy is a heck of a player....stop making excuses. Your defensive backs have to consider the run along with the pass....makes things more difficutl. Alabama will be just fine; no more Manziels to play against. Coach Saben stated that e4xact same thing. A guy like Manziel makes the defense show up with one more defender to spy and that makes the passing game better and if the spy has a problem, he runs for a big game. IMO, when Alabama plays great defense, all we will hear about is how great they are when the truth is there are no more Manziels out there.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I buy that. Aggy was a punching bag and could not compete in the Big 12, but are competing in the mighty SEC just fine.......

This team and that team were nothing alike.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You folks from Alabama just have to give it up to a quarterback for two years in a row, made your boys look bad. He makes a lot of teams look bad. The guy is a heck of a player....stop making excuses. Your defensive backs have to consider the run along with the pass....makes things more difficutl. Alabama will be just fine; no more Manziels to play against. Coach Saben stated that e4xact same thing. A guy like Manziel makes the defense show up with one more defender to spy and that makes the passing game better and if the spy has a problem, he runs for a big game. IMO, when Alabama plays great defense, all we will hear about is how great they are when the truth is there are no more Manziels out there.

Just sucks that this game was early. Now all season when A&M or Bama defense show up, the "other teams offense sucks". Maybe now that they are at full strength, both defenses are average but both offenses are well oiled machines. :noidea:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you think I was making excuses about his luck and foolish play, maybe you should rewatch the game and look at the lob passes that he completed due to improper technique used by young DB's who are still learning the Saban way of playing the position. His exact words in his Monday presser were to the effect that many players in the secondary would be competing for jobs the remainder of the season as not one job is safe and they are open to all the DB's on the team currently no matter there seniority.

I wont take a thing away from him, he is good, exciting, makes things happen and is hard to contain, but he is also flawed and foolish with his passes and it cost him in two situation in that game. Imagine if the DB's had turned their heads on a few more of those magical Lob passes that were in the air forever. He will cost them a game or two this year due to his arrogant and foolish style of play. Glad we have a QB who knows that safe play gets results too.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sucks that this game was early. Now all season when A&M or Bama defense show up, the "other teams offense sucks". Maybe now that they are at full strength, both defenses are average but both offenses are well oiled machines. :noidea:

usually it's the other way around

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont take a thing away from him, he is good, exciting, makes things happen and is hard to contain, but he is also flawed and foolish with his passes and it cost him in two situation in that game. Imagine if the DB's had turned their heads on a few more of those magical Lob passes that were in the air forever. He will cost them a game or two this year due to his arrogant and foolish style of play. Glad we have a QB who knows that safe play gets results too.

I'll give you the play where he was scrambling and heaved it up as a foolish throw. Except for the fact that it was 3rd down and an ints wasn't going to be all that harmful. Other than that, I don't know how many other throws fall into the foolish category. He did throw a couple of balls that he expected his WR that had a 6" height advantage to go up and get Alot of QBs do that and don't get called foolish or lucky.

The 2 INTs look bad on the stat sheet, but the latest report is that the WR ran the wrong route and the second is a tipped ball (at Best). Hard to put alot of blame on Manziel for that.

But, hey, if you have to think that Manziel is a lucky SOB to hange almost 500 passing yards on the Bama defense, thats ok.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup...and Texas used to be more than competitive in the Big 12 and beat Mississippi by 34...times change.

I'm pretty confident A&M would be a top 2 team in the Big 12...and that Texas would finish in the bottom 3rd of the SEC this year.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, hey, if you have to think that Manziel is a lucky SOB to hange almost 500 passing yards on the Bama defense, thats ok.

LOL, sometimes I think these Alabama folks just can't accept that they are not the absolutely best in all aspect of the game. The guy beats them up 2 years in a row and they still can't give it up...he's lucky...their defensive backs had a bad game; full moon..bla, bla, bla. I promise that Manziel will be drafted before McCarran....not that McCarran is not an outstanding quarterback; he is...just not a Manziel. I'm waiting to hear about the game where an apposing quarterback rings them up for somewhere in the neighborhood of 450 in the air and another 150 on the ground at a time when Alabama was a top 10 team; not just number one, but any where in the top ten. I'm not doing the research...the guys who think it was luck can provide that information. If Manziel had a Yeldon in his backfield, they win easy.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup...and Texas used to be more than competitive in the Big 12 and beat Mississippi by 34...times change.

I'm pretty confident A&M would be a top 2 team in the Big 12...and that Texas would finish in the bottom 3rd of the SEC this year.

I'd say they would win the Big XII and I would bet the over when they played Baylor.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, sometimes I think these Alabama folks just can't accept that they are not the absolutely best in all aspect of the game. The guy beats them up 2 years in a row and they still can't give it up...he's lucky...their defensive backs had a bad game; full moon..bla, bla, bla. I promise that Manziel will be drafted before McCarran....not that McCarran is not an outstanding quarterback; he is...just not a Manziel. I'm waiting to hear about the game where an apposing quarterback rings them up for somewhere in the neighborhood of 450 in the air and another 150 on the ground at a time when Alabama was a top 10 team; not just number one, but any where in the top ten. I'm not doing the research...the guys who think it was luck can provide that information. If Manziel had a Yeldon in his backfield, they win easy.

Then clearly you dont read many of my posts. I get that you are a gator fan and have to be an ass most of the time, but to make a comment about me making excuses is ludicrous at best. i played the game at two positions at the D-1 level, i know football and know when players are not playing at the correct levels. I also know that when a player is out of position and not facing the ball as its inbound, that incorrect technique for a DB. this happened on many occasions on Saturday and has been addressed by the BEST coach in college football that it will not happen again or heads will roll. this you can take to the bank.

As for your draft talk and where Manziel will get drafted, its clear you think i give a fuck where they will get drafted which is clearly the farthest thing from my mind. I can definitely say this much, draft position has never been an indicator of who sticks on a team and makes an NFL career as much as talent and work ethic have and i have seen many QB's get drafted in the top 5 or so positions, only to watch them flame out due to ego and a lack of work ethic. I sincerely hope they both have long careers in the NFL, but my opinion is that Manziel will let his alligator mouth and ego overload his fly behind and he will flame out. This is purely my opinion, so if you dont like it, tough shit.