• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama OL Alphonse Taylor arrested for DUI

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what happens to him .
1. This this enough to miss a game ?
2. He's forced to drink and play Pokemon? Depending on his score he might get to play against USC
3. He has to do a Ride along with a Budweiser beer truck for 40 hours?
4. Saban gets Medieval and He's not allowed to travel and play in out of conference games played on the other teams home field.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was already in the doghouse because of his weight, so this isn't going to help him. Luckily that happened before spring so we already had people taking reps with the 1st team.

He is a senior, but we'll be fine with or without him.

Most likely suspended for the USC game.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's certainly not like he was the highest paid player in college football history, had to return his Heisman and caused his team to vacate their only championship since 1978.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's certainly not like he was the highest paid player in college football history, had to return his Heisman and caused his team to vacate their only championship since 1978.
Oh are you deflecting? LOL. Simple question. Oh and thanks for the rainbow it was a sunny sunday day here by the beach but no rainbows to be seen.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was already in the doghouse because of his weight, so this isn't going to help him. Luckily that happened before spring so we already had people taking reps with the 1st team.

Most likely suspended for the USC game.

Hows his draft stock? I have no idea who he is. You could lose your entire starting O line and i still wouldn't think it matters.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh are you deflecting? LOL. Simple question. Oh and thanks for the rainbow it was a sunny sunday day here by the beach but no rainbows to be seen.

You're welcome. Shank is digging his own grave. DUI is a subject I don't take likely. I hope he learns a lesson.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see so many hours of alcohol related classes. Oh and some ride alongs with police that will show him. Also a public comment about not ruining his life because he's been working in the heat while the rest of us were in the AC. That about covers it.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point, people need to ask whether or not he will be fine with or without repercussions. If the only concern is how it affects the product on the field, you end up being Baylor or Penn State.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point, people need to ask whether or not he will be fine with or without repercussions. If the only concern is how it affects the product on the field, you end up being Baylor or Penn State.

Are you saying we need tougher dui laws? Or do football players need extra incentive not to be stupid?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying we need tougher dui laws? Or do football players need extra incentive not to be stupid?

Based on how many football players tend to get themselves in trouble doing stupid shit and how many people still get DUI's...I'd say both.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's going to happen is the lawyers are going to drag the proceedings along so he doesn;t get convicted of anything till it's a convenient time and he will miss the game Saban wants him to miss.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if it's true someone on last years team got his second Dui and didnt miss a game then at Bama there's no incentive to not be stupid.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on how many football players tend to get themselves in trouble doing stupid shit and how many people still get DUI's...I'd say both.

I got no love for people who drive drunk.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if it's true someone on last years team got his second Dui and didnt miss a game then at Bama there's no incentive to not be stupid.

Then you are claiming that existing laws are ineffective.

I sometimes wonder if people realize there are actual charges and such when someone gets arrested. It should be up to the judicial system and the system we have in place to take care of any "incentive to not be stupid", not the schools themselves.

It's also funny that the only form of punishment ever is being suspended according to some. Being arrested, going to jail, having a DUI on your record the rest of your life, having to go to all those classes and other shit - no way that will make a dent on anyone - but suspend them for a game, that will do it!

Sorry, but it's transparent as fuck.

I'm sure Saban will handle it in whatever way is best for those involved. If being suspended it was he needs, then that's what he'll get. If not, I'm sure everyone will cry about it. Considering he lost his starting job in the spring for being over-weight, I have a feeling whatever the punishment is, it will include LOTS of running.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he's a starter so he'll miss the the first set of downs of the USC game. Roll Tide....

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops. My bad. Posted that before reading the Feldman tweet. He'll be out there for the first set of downs. Saban will claim a punishment would hurt this young mans fragile self esteem. Roll Tide...

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you are claiming that existing laws are ineffective.

I sometimes wonder if people realize there are actual charges and such when someone gets arrested. It should be up to the judicial system and the system we have in place to take care of any "incentive to not be stupid", not the schools themselves.

It's also funny that the only form of punishment ever is being suspended according to some. Being arrested, going to jail, having a DUI on your record the rest of your life, having to go to all those classes and other shit - no way that will make a dent on anyone - but suspend them for a game, that will do it!

Sorry, but it's transparent as fuck.

I'm sure Saban will handle it in whatever way is best for those involved. If being suspended it was he needs, then that's what he'll get. If not, I'm sure everyone will cry about it. Considering he lost his starting job in the spring for being over-weight, I have a feeling whatever the punishment is, it will include LOTS of running.

LOL. You actually believe this crap your wrote?They are college football players on scholarship at a University. If they get arrested , yeah suspending them for an amount that mirrors the seriousness of the crime on top of whatever they are given by the law is what they deserve. Go sell that Saban will do whats best for those involved crap somewhere else. Go back to the I don't give a fuck what they do as long as they play guy. You're more believable as that guy. No one's buying this line of bullshit. And spare me on the I’m sure there will be lots of running as punishment. Getting in better shape isn’t punishment. Not letting him practice and missing a game is punishment.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. You actually believe this crap your wrote?They are college football players on scholarship at a University. If they get arrested , yeah suspending them for an amount that mirrors the seriousness of the crime on top of whatever they are given by the law is what they deserve. Go sell that Saban will do whats best for those involved crap somewhere else. Go back to the I don't give a fuck what they do as long as they play guy. You're more believable as that guy. No one's buying this line of bullshit. And spare me on the I’m sure there will be lots of running as punishment. Getting in better shape isn’t punishment. Not letting him practice and missing a game is punishment.

Oh spare me the bullshit about scholarship players at a University. Do you think football players are the only people who get scholarships? Do you think the university punishes people on academic scholarships if they get a DUI?

But all a sudden, because they play football - well damn it, that school just cares about winning if they don't dish out horrible amounts of punishment?

Bullshit, you just want to see a team lose players for games. You want the team/school/fans to suffer and just use this bullshit as the reasons as to why.

If Saban feels he should be suspended, that's fine with me. If he thinks otherwise, that's fine with me as well. I have this weird thing where I let the coach who's paid $7 million dollars a year to handle these situations properly do his job.

If his behavior is bad for the team and the coaches feel additional punishment is required for correction, I'm cool with that. With his weight problems, and now this - maybe there is something additional that needs to be done, I don't know. But whatever is done, it should be done based on what's best for them, not what a bunch of cry baby fans from other teams think.

I don't think anyone should drink and drive and believe the justice system should be the ones who hand out stiff penalties for such actions. Loss of license for a bit, being forced to go to AA meetings or whatever it is they do, being forced to pay fines, being forced to do community service - that's where the real punishment should go. Because you know, it's not just football players who drive drunk.

Is USC in such bad shape that you have to hope any Alabama player who gets in trouble won't play in the game?