• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: AL West Race getting really interesting

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was, but I also said he was young and I expected him to improve. On the other hand, you said he sucked and would always suck. You also said some other mean things about him.

Link or LTBF

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Miguel Cabrera is standing in the way of Bogaerts winning a batting title this year. He leads the AL in hits. He's 22!

Admit you see the young group of Betts, Bogaerts, Bradley, Swihart(?) & maybe Shaw and see some potential there. Now, if only they can find some pitching!

Shaw is a flash, according to Scal, who really has a very good knowledge of the minor leagues....Suggest the Sox sell him high this offseason

Love Betts, always have, he reminds me so much of Mccutchen, and their season at 22 years old are virtually identical

Boegarts is making me a believer

Bradley, Ill wait and see, no one goes through periods of greatness only to dissapoint like JBJ....Still young enough, but I wanna see him from Day One 2016 perform at the level he has these past 2 months

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can barely tune into these games knowing that its about a 99.9% chance they are at home next Tuesday in a WC game

I just hope Girardi doesnt get anyone else injured...Im not optimistic

Yeah, there's really no point in the majority of the games that are about to be rained out this week.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there's really no point in the majority of the games that are about to be rained out this week.

They need to fix the WC situation, and it has nothing to do with the Yankees

But the Pirates and Cubs have certainly earned more than a one game exit this season

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaw is a flash, according to Scal, who really has a very good knowledge of the minor leagues....Suggest the Sox sell him high this offseason

Love Betts, always have, he reminds me so much of Mccutchen, and their season at 22 years old are virtually identical

Boegarts is making me a believer

Bradley, Ill wait and see, no one goes through periods of greatness only to dissapoint like JBJ....Still young enough, but I wanna see him from Day One 2016 perform at the level he has these past 2 months

That's fair. And I totally agree on Shaw. He was never supposed to be much of anything. Maybe he's the anti-Lars Anderson as a guy who has nobody excited and actually performs well?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to fix the WC situation, and it has nothing to do with the Yankees

But the Pirates and Cubs have certainly earned more than a one game exit this season

I like the play-in game. Under the old format, either the Pirates or Cubs wouldn't even make it.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as of now the Twins have some control of they own destiny thanks to the Astros loss.

I doubt we even sweep this double header much less our next 6 games. But we will 100% play baseball beyond Sunday if we win out now.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to order you a Yankees' "163rd Game Participant" t-shirt.

LMAO!.........GFY....Dont even know who I want to play.........First and foremost i wanted to avoid Kuechel, but the way the Stros are going, he wont be able to pitch that game, I assume he would have to pitch this weekend........Garret Richards the Yanks have slaughtered, so maybe thats who I want to see.......I expect Tanaka or Severino to be great, but when the Yankees dont hit, it doesnt matter...Girardi wont move Gardner and his sub .200 average since the break from the #2 hole, makes me wanna kill someone

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as of now the Twins have some control of they own destiny thanks to the Astros loss.

I doubt we even sweep this double header much less our next 6 games. But we will 100% play baseball beyond Sunday if we win out now.

As much as i would like to see the Twins, they would be scary considering they would be riding a pretty hot streak heading into next Tuesday

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Luck you your Mets

Not really though

I would like to see the Mets go all the way. Having recent examples of the worst team in the playoffs winning the World Series is good for future "champion and best aren't necessarily synonymous" discussions.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's wrong with it?

Im a fan of something that would never happen

Eliminate the last weekend of the season, making the season 159 games

That weekend will be a best of 3 for the WC teams..........Just hate the idea of a really good team losing a season on what could be an unlucky break in one game

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the play-in game. Under the old format, either the Pirates or Cubs wouldn't even make it.

I love the new format. It adds loads of drama, kicking the playoffs off with two guaranteed elimination games.

Plus, it puts emphasis back on winning your division, which in the context of a 162-game season, is very important. Wild card teams should not on equal footing with divisional winners.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see the Mets go all the way. Having recent examples of the worst team in the playoffs winning the World Series is good for future "champion and best aren't necessarily synonymous" discussions.

Mets/Jays has been my prediction since about early August...I hope im wrong on both

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That weekend will be a best of 3 for the WC teams..........Just hate the idea of a really good team losing a season on what could be an unlucky break in one game

The problem with that, though, is that the divisional winners would be on the shelf for the better part of a week. THat's not good for them.

I think if a team doesn't want to be in the play-in game, then it should win its fucking division.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another thing about it, is that the playoffs don't identify the best team in baseball. They identify which team can win eleven (or 12) games in October the fastest. It's for drama, so fire it up, I say.

If you want to identify the best team, do away with divisions and equalize the schedules and at the end of the season, AL vs NL.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that, though, is that the divisional winners would be on the shelf for the better part of a week. THat's not good for them.

I think if a team doesn't want to be in the play-in game, then it should win its fucking division.

I thought it is a good way to get the division winners to be able to set up their pitching, while the WC winner certainly wouldnt be able to

I like the emphasis on the division, but you have years like this when the Cards/Cubs/Pirates are probably winning most divisions in baseball, outside of their own