• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know thats the common sentiment, that the O’s need an arm. They’ve made it this far with these arms, and will get Means back in August, and Voth, Tate, Akin, and Givens is probably the counter argument.

Is Cease really worth overpaying for? He’s 4-3 with a 4 ERA, and a 1.31 whip.

That’d be the third best stats on the O’s behind Wells and Bradish. How much do you pay for a #3 pitcher?

Thats a very short sighted way of looking at it

Cease would without a doubt be their #1 come playoffs.

For starters he has the track record. Hes also got a FIP of 3.63 so hes been unforunate. He misses bats which is huge for october

Bradish has been on a hell of a run no denying that. But his FIP is 3.5 so right around Cease and hes a guy who who had a 4.9 ERA/4.4 FIP just last year. He pitched 117 innings last year. Is still under 100 this year. No sustrained track record of any dominance or even any full season stamina.

Wells has a great WHIP but hes Cease age with no proven track record already at a career high in innings of 111. Hes been trending in the wrong direction lately getting beat up and his FIP is a ghatstly 4.89 mostly do to the long balls he serves up. His FIP shows that the current struggles could be more of a trend than a blip.

Now none of that is to say by any means that either of Wells or Bradish suck or that they cant win in October with those two. But the Os could definitely use a starter and Cease would instantly become their best weapon. ANd with two years of control and the Os prospect depth I think well worth it.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Speier they're getting two higher minor league level relievers. I'll take it.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a very short sighted way of looking at it

Cease would without a doubt be their #1 come playoffs.

For starters he has the track record. Hes also got a FIP of 3.63 so hes been unforunate. He misses bats which is huge for october

Bradish has been on a hell of a run no denying that. But his FIP is 3.5 so right around Cease and hes a guy who who had a 4.9 ERA/4.4 FIP just last year. He pitched 117 innings last year. Is still under 100 this year. No sustrained track record of any dominance or even any full season stamina.

Wells has a great WHIP but hes Cease age with no proven track record already at a career high in innings of 111. Hes been trending in the wrong direction lately getting beat up and his FIP is a ghatstly 4.89 mostly do to the long balls he serves up. His FIP shows that the current struggles could be more of a trend than a blip.

Now none of that is to say by any means that either of Wells or Bradish suck or that they cant win in October with those two. But the Os could definitely use a starter and Cease would instantly become their best weapon. ANd with two years of control and the Os prospect depth I think well worth it.

Interesting interpretations of yours. Cease does have more of a track record, that’s true.

OTOH, nobody has a track record until they do, and while Wells has not been good in his last two starts, Bradish has, anad against some of the league’s best.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Speier they're getting two higher minor league level relievers. I'll take it.
The reporters were talking about dfa'ing Kike... Even paying his contact, getting two young releivers is crazy... the fact that they are both having great years in AAA is amazing.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-2 count, throws a BP pitch……ridiculous

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they need a real 1B as well... Bohm sucks. can't hit righties at all either
Bohm’s been one of the more consistent performers for the team this year. It looks like he’s going to be a prospect that doesn’t translate to Major League power. That being said he’s handled moving around 3B and 1B this season very well and has really improved his defense. He’s one of the team’s best hitters with running in scoring position. Bohm has been one of the positive notes this year. The problem is they don’t have power from the right side with Hoskins going down before the season. Harper can’t play the OF because of his Tommy John. However, he’s been playing 1B since the Cleveland series. I think tonight was his 3rd or 4th game. I think the plan should be to use Harper at 1B, get Schwarber to DH and out of OF and then for them to pick up a right handed bat with pop to be the everyday LF. That being said…Bellinger fits all of that but is another lefty. He may be worth taking despite it making the lineup even more left handed. There aren’t a ton of squads that can stack 2-3 plus lefties in their pen.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched this entire series 3 times already
So good right? Nothing comes close to the first two seasons on Pablo but I’ve been entertained by every season and spin off.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah wasn't expecting that. Now watch Hernandez become into the MVP

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another solid outing from Pivetta. He's been amazing in the bullpen

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll allow it... if they never wear their red home jerseys, or blue road jerseys...
It seems like they never wear their normal home whites and road greys anymore. It’s always those terrible solid softball-jersey looking things. I don’t know how these things get decided, but I’d like to see the normal uniforms more often. It feels amateur when they do it.