• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes the Machado thing interesting now that the O's are putting him back at SS this season, and thats where he wants to be long term

Wonder how the Didi thing with the Yankees plays out if they really intend to get in on Machado

Didi has been so key to this whole resurgence-and I think Cashman knows it. He's adored in that clubhouse and he gets better every season. I don't believe all this Machado talk to be honest. Hell, give me Didi. Let Machado go somewhere else.

In case you haven't noticed, I love me some Didi. :)

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didi has been so key to this whole resurgence-and I think Cashman knows it. He's adored in that clubhouse and he gets better every season. I don't believe all this Machado talk to be honest. Hell, give me Didi. Let Machado go somewhere else.

In case you haven't noticed, I love me some Didi. :)

Yeah, Didi sold me big time last October especially

Id like to see Andujar get a mostly full season at 3rd, at least they can than gauge where they are with him and 3rd base before next winter

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Didi sold me big time last October especially

Id like to see Andujar get a mostly full season at 3rd, at least they can than gauge where they are with him and 3rd base before next winter

Can't remember his handle-The Reds fan who used to post with us all the time. Told me the Gregorius/Shane Green trade was a disaster for NY and Didi was never going to be anything. At the time I didn't know much about him, but in hindsight that is top 2 or 3 of Cashman's best trades in the last 20 years.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember his handle-The Reds fan who used to post with us all the time. Told me the Gregorius/Shane Green trade was a disaster for NY and Didi was never going to be anything. At the time I didn't know much about him, but in hindsight that is top 2 or 3 of Cashman's best trades in the last 20 years.
Johnny Dickshot?

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dickshot! That's the one. Is he still around?
Not sure, I've been back for a month or so.....He was the only Red fan I really remember....Steeler fan also....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, Dickshot disappeared after he stole everyones' fantasy baseball money on the other board

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, Dickshot disappeared after he stole everyones' fantasy baseball money on the other board

Damn, well, I always thought he was funny, even if his anti-Yankee bias sometimes made his opinions of players a bit skewed. Far from the only one in that regard.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something like 14 of the top 20 FA are still unsigned. Camps open in 13 days. This is nuts.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, well, I always thought he was funny, even if his anti-Yankee bias sometimes made his opinions of players a bit skewed. Far from the only one in that regard.

I liked him, even as an anti-Yankee guy, he did give more objective takes on the Yanks than most Yankee haters....And yeah he was hilarious

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something like 14 of the top 20 FA are still unsigned. Camps open in 13 days. This is nuts.

I read a piece that Arrietta is most likely to enter ST without a team, out of the all the guys, he is one that is not even coming close to what he is demanding

At least Darvish apparently has some serious offers on the table

Hope the Brewers land one of these arms, cause I love that lineup, but i think Kyle Davies may be their ace..LOL

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a piece that Arrietta is most likely to enter ST without a team, out of the all the guys, he is one that is not even coming close to what he is demanding

Hope the Brewers land one of these arms, cause I love that lineup, but i think Kyle Davies may be their ace..LOL

They've revamped their OF and Bullpen, but yeah, they're going to need something closer to a #1 than what they've got. Funny that the other serious suitor for Darvish is the Cubs. That one signing could swing the division.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've revamped their OF and Bullpen, but yeah, they're going to need something closer to a #1 than what they've got. Funny that the other serious suitor for Darvish is the Cubs. That one signing could swing the division.

I dont love the Cubs, so I think they need him.......lester has to be on the wrong side of his career now...Kendricks is solid, Quintana could be........And outside of Rizzo, Contreras and Bryant, i am not in love with that lineup....That said, Schwarber and Happ being really good will change all that

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Davies might very well be their Opening Day "ace", though Nelson is clearly their best pitcher IMO. We'll see how Nelson pitches after coming off the DL, but I thought he looked like a legit #1 last year. He saw his K/9 spike from 7.03 in 2016 to 10.2 to go along with a good walk rate (2.5) and he kept balls in the park (0.8 HR/9). He was also 5th among qualified pitchers in FIP and xFIP. I think there's a lot to like about Nelson. Anderson had a nice year as well, but he looks like a likely candidate for regression.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davies might very well be their Opening Day "ace", though Nelson is clearly their best pitcher IMO. We'll see how Nelson pitches after coming off the DL, but I thought he looked like a legit #1 last year. He saw his K/9 spike from 7.03 in 2016 to 10.2 to go along with a good walk rate (2.5) and he kept balls in the park (0.8 HR/9). He was also 5th among qualified pitchers in FIP and xFIP. I think there's a lot to like about Nelson. Anderson had a nice year as well, but he looks like a likely candidate for regression.

Yeah, I know the expectation for Nelson from Day one of his career was bonafide Ace, so maybe he is heading in that direction, but even a Lynn or Cobb can do wonders for that teams' chances

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know the expectation for Nelson from Day one of his career was bonafide Ace, so maybe he is heading in that direction, but even a Lynn or Cobb can do wonders for that teams' chances
Cobb and Lynn seem like good fits, though I'm a bit skeptical about them replicating their 2017 success. Cobb missed almost two seasons to injury. They both saw their strikeout rates drop, though I think it's more of a concern for Lynn given the increased walk rate whereas Cobb does a good job limiting walks. Lynn's command got worse as the season went on (8.2 K/9 and 3.3 BB/9 in 1st half; 6.4 K/9 and 4.3 BB/9 in 2nd half) and that seems like a bit of a red flag to me. He had a 21:17 K:BB ratio in 28 innings in September.