• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am watching, on MLB, the 1995 Mariners. The thing I noticed was the wasn't much footage of A-Rod. Can't remember if he was hurt, didn't mention it. Alot of Griffey, Johnson, Martinez, Buhner and others.

48 games played makes me wonder why. I do remember his first year not being drafted until June cut into his games, but I don't remember anything from his second year.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't notice much about A-Rod until 1998 or 1999. The guy was pretty good right away which was before that time.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
48 games played makes me wonder why. I do remember his first year not being drafted until June cut into his games, but I don't remember anything from his second year.
some whod blame age for 94/95 but maybe he hit the needle in 96:suds:

upload_2019-11-25_15-22-18.png

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that Jays signing. Will be interesting to see how he does.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ellbury came to NY to be its leadoff hitter, and centerfielder. He never got that opportunity on a consistent basis because of Girardi.

Girardi ruined this kids career . PERIOD! And you will hear this once his career in baseball is over.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ellbury came to NY to be its leadoff hitter, and centerfielder. He never got that opportunity on a consistent basis because of Girardi.

Girardi ruined this kids career . PERIOD! And you will hear this once his career in baseball is over.

“Still crazy....after all these years”

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's Girardi's fault the lead-off hitter couldn't get on base?

His slash line as a Yankee: .264/.330/.386

Not what you expect for $22M a year. And no games played in 2 years.

Good f*cking riddance I say!

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I just know talent better than others obviously. Gardner who had more raw talent than ellsbury had less of a brain. Girardi never agreed with the acquisition of ells because of his loyalty to Gardner . Yanks with ells , more rings and girardi still would be in pinstripes. It’s that simple!

And nasty , as far as good riddance, you’re mostly on the ball , and i do get it. But if you think outside the box. Ells got his revenge. Paid millions for doing shit! Wouldn’t you want the same if you felt you were screwed over?

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I just know talent better than others obviously. Gardner who had more raw talent than ellsbury had less of a brain. Girardi never agreed with the acquisition of ells because of his loyalty to Gardner . Yanks with ells , more rings and girardi still would be in pinstripes. It’s that simple!

And nasty , as far as good riddance, you’re mostly on the ball , and i do get it. But if you think outside the box. Ells got his revenge. Paid millions for doing shit! Wouldn’t you want the same if you felt you were screwed over?

I think Cashman made a terrible mistake based on one season. He thought that Ellsbury was on the cusp, and the short porch would make him a true triple threat, speed, defense and power. Also something to be said about robbing a player you believe is about to make that jump from your most bitter rival.

Looking at 2011, you can see why he felt that way-problem is he never had another year remotely close to 2011. It was all a mirage.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cashman made a terrible mistake based on one season. He thought that Ellsbury was on the cusp, and the short porch would make him a true triple threat, speed, defense and power. Also something to be said about robbing a player you believe is about to make that jump from your most bitter rival.

Looking at 2011, you can see why he felt that way-problem is he never had another year remotely close to 2011. It was all a mirage.

If cashman made a mistake, than you feel Gardner was the better leadoff ?

Don’t know how anyone could believe that.

It is my opinion, the year, I forget which one, when we were in a 1 game do or die situation, and giaradi chose Gardner over ells, when ells overall statistically had the better year, we lost that game, ells never same, and I lost it on Girardi!

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is my opinion, the year, I forget which one, when we were in a 1 game do or die situation, and giaradi chose Gardner over ells, when ells overall statistically had the better year, we lost that game, ells never same, and I lost it on Girardi!

Gardner's OBP is nothing to write home about either, but I've always liked that he makes pitchers work, fouls off pitch after pitch. But no, he's not an optimal lead off guy either. Gotta get on base better than 32 percent of the time for that.

I think you're thinking of the 2015 WC game vs Houston, but you're misremembering their stats. Ellsbury had a great first half, but a horrific second half (and hit .202 in September), which is why he rode the pine in the winner take all. Gardner had great numbers at Yankee stadium that year, which is why he didn't. Turned out to not matter much as they got 3 hit by Dallas Keuchel.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comparing the two from 2014-2017, their batting averages were almost identical, if you compare their OBP, SLG & OPS+ Ellsbury beat Gardner only twice, in 2014 he had a .328 OBP to Gardner’s .327 and in 2016 he slugged .374 to Gardner’s .362....Gardner’s WAR was 11.5 to Ellsinjury’s 8.5 over those years.....Not to mention his $84M salary to Gardner’s $44M....And actually being healthy and being able to play counts for something.....

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not a stat person, so what’s Ellsbury post season stats vs Gardner’s ?

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing the two from 2014-2017, their batting averages were almost identical, if you compare their OBP, SLG & OPS+ Ellsbury beat Gardner only twice, in 2014 he had a .328 OBP to Gardner’s .327 and in 2016 he slugged .374 to Gardner’s .362....Gardner’s WAR was 11.5 to Ellsinjury’s 8.5 over those years.....Not to mention his $84M salary to Gardner’s $44M....And actually being healthy and being able to play counts for something.....

I used to piss Down off so much with Gardner = Ellsbury back in the day.

Little did I know he'd eventually be a Yankee. Another reason they didn't need him-they already had him!

:doh: