• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This board and all sports talk shows in this city

When Aaron Hicks has a hot week (twice a year) it's all we hear about, the other 22 weeks?

Not a word about Aaron Hicks, who absolutely kills this team offensively

Keep in mind, all the Yankee runs came on a booted tailor made DP with bases loaded and no outs, by Hicks

Fuckin' xandah!:dhd:

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely outclassed in every aspect of the game.

Man, the 2nd half sucks.

:gaah:

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely outclassed in every aspect of the game.

Man, the 2nd half sucks.

:gaah:
Yanks are playing possum....Will make their move soon......

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yanks are playing possum....Will make their move soon......

If playing possum is Latin for "coming apart at the seams" I'd have to agree. NY better get their act together pretty quickly because right now the Red Sox are not their chief concern, Oakland and Seattle are who they should be worried about.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If playing possum is Latin for "coming apart at the seams" I'd have to agree. NY better get their act together pretty quickly because right now the Red Sox are not their chief concern, Oakland and Seattle are who they should be worried about.

People can say what they want about Sanchez, he has not had a good season, but he and Judge are so clearly the heart and soul of this team. Absolutely zero leadership on this roster, zero heart, a collection of really weak minded, gutless players

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People can say what they want about Sanchez, he has not had a good season, but he and Judge are so clearly the heart and soul of this team. Absolutely zero leadership on this roster, zero heart, a collection of really weak minded, gutless players

The manager is a dick too.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started this season thinking this Yankee team would be an unstoppable machine, as arrogant as anyone about how great it would be. But for a few months now, I am not at al shocked about how bad this team is offensively

Brett Gardner gives this team absolutely nothing out of the leadoff spot, complete zero

Aaron Hicks is the pure definition of a 4th OF/defensive replacement

I couldn't be more wrong about Greg Bird, he's completely awful and is as much to blame as anyone for the losses both Saturday and last night. His still being on the roster tonight is an insult to the fan base

Didi is OK but as much a 3 hitter as Pure Steel is a wonderful synchronized swimmer. Didi would bother me a lot less if he was in his rightful 7 spot in the order

Gleyber has crashed head first into the rookie walk and it's ugly

Stantons numbers will be ok, but he is not a leader, not a "get on my back" player

Romine, Walker, Robinson, all pure straight garbage

dont know why people are shocked

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cora? Yeah he'll get his come upins, right now he walks around like he invented the game

:nono:

I'm talkin bout Aaron "Thanks dad" Boone. He's a useless pud and I hope the Yankees give him a lifetime contract :dhd:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono:

I'm talkin bout Aaron "Thanks dad" Boone. He's a useless pud and I hope the Yankees give him a lifetime contract :dhd:

Boone? Lol, guy is managing a crippled roster to a likely 95-100 win season in his first year, trying to keep up with a roster that spent 90milliom more than his

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boone? Lol, guy is managing a crippled roster to a likely 95-100 win season in his first year, trying to keep up with a roster that spent 90milliom more than his

if the freaking Rays and A's are capable of winning division titles with significantly lower payrolls than their rivals, then so can the Yankees.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the freaking Rays and A's are capable of winning division titles with significantly lower payrolls than their rivals, then so can the Yankees.

There are outliers for everything

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started this season thinking this Yankee team would be an unstoppable machine, as arrogant as anyone about how great it would be. But for a few months now, I am not at al shocked about how bad this team is offensively

Brett Gardner gives this team absolutely nothing out of the leadoff spot, complete zero

Aaron Hicks is the pure definition of a 4th OF/defensive replacement

I couldn't be more wrong about Greg Bird, he's completely awful and is as much to blame as anyone for the losses both Saturday and last night. His still being on the roster tonight is an insult to the fan base

Didi is OK but as much a 3 hitter as Pure Steel is a wonderful synchronized swimmer. Didi would bother me a lot less if he was in his rightful 7 spot in the order

Gleyber has crashed head first into the rookie walk and it's ugly

Stantons numbers will be ok, but he is not a leader, not a "get on my back" player

Romine, Walker, Robinson, all pure straight garbage

dont know why people are shocked
Long weekend, I medaled in 3 events.....Also, Greg Maas Bird has to make that play......

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow. A Yankee fan whining about salary discrepancy. The irony bus ran over you with all four wheels.

I get the overreactions after this series but the Yankees are still a good team. The Red Sox are on pace to have one of the 4 best seasons in baseball history, regular season wise. Expecting any team to match that is not reasonable.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hold on, let me wipe these crocodile tears out of my eyes for I weep for the Evil Empire :laugh3:

For the record, while the Red Sox total payroll is a tad over $50 mil more than NY, their 25 man roster payroll is only $11 mil +- more that the Yankees and Boston actually has more money tied up on the DL ($8 mil) than your boys. A large part of the disparity is in the "retained" payroll category, where Boston a $33mil disadvantage.

You can see all the numbers here; MLB 2018 Payroll Tracker

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on, let me wipe these crocodile tears out of my eyes for I weep for the Evil Empire :laugh3:

For the record, while the Red Sox total payroll is a tad over $50 mil more than NY, their 25 man roster payroll is only $11 mil +- more that the Yankees and Boston actually has more money tied up on the DL ($8 mil) than your boys. A large part of the disparity is in the "retained" payroll category, where Boston a $33mil disadvantage.

You can see all the numbers here; MLB 2018 Payroll Tracker

Yeah. The Sox are eating 22 million for Hanley and 18 million Panda Bear. Neither of whom are on the roster.