• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox continue to pile on against crappy teams.

Am I doing it right?

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. The Sox are eating 22 million for Hanley and 18 million Panda Bear. Neither of whom are on the roster.
Ellsinjury is eating $21M somewhere in the Bahamas as well.......

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. A Yankee fan whining about salary discrepancy. The irony bus ran over you with all four wheels.

I get the overreactions after this series but the Yankees are still a good team. The Red Sox are on pace to have one of the 4 best seasons in baseball history, regular season wise. Expecting any team to match that is not reasonable.

Never understood that approach

So other fans can whine about payroll every year, especially Sox fans who outspend everyone but the Yankees and Dodgers every season

But when the shoe is on the other foot, Yankee fans have to keep quiet

Don't agree

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on, let me wipe these crocodile tears out of my eyes for I weep for the Evil Empire :laugh3:

For the record, while the Red Sox total payroll is a tad over $50 mil more than NY, their 25 man roster payroll is only $11 mil +- more that the Yankees and Boston actually has more money tied up on the DL ($8 mil) than your boys. A large part of the disparity is in the "retained" payroll category, where Boston a $33mil disadvantage.

You can see all the numbers here; MLB 2018 Payroll Tracker

Yes Rex, as you whined over Yankee payroll your entire adult life, I know you've bent over backwards to determine how much Dead money is on the books
For them

These are the rules as they've been told to me by Boston

The Red Sox are just buying themselves success this season

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never understood that approach

So other fans can whine about payroll every year, especially Sox fans who outspend everyone but the Yankees and Dodgers every season

But when the shoe is on the other foot, Yankee fans have to keep quiet

Don't agree

It's been a loonnnnngggg time since I last heard a Red Sox fan complain about spending disparities. We're talking late 90s.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a loonnnnngggg time since I last heard a Red Sox fan complain about spending disparities. We're talking late 90s.

In my defense, I've been spending time on another board where any Yankee success has been met with their payroll as the reason for it

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This board and all sports talk shows in this city

When Aaron Hicks has a hot week (twice a year) it's all we hear about, the other 22 weeks?

Not a word about Aaron Hicks, who absolutely kills this team offensively

Keep in mind, all the Yankee runs came on a booted tailor made DP with bases loaded and no outs, by Hicks

During the game yesterday they did have some sort of stat about him being on base frequently over like 28 games or something.

He’s no superstar but he’s got a solid enough OBP and Slugging %.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was nonstop on the CBS boards.....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the game yesterday they did have some sort of stat about him being on base frequently over like 28 games or something.

He’s no superstar but he’s got a solid enough OBP and Slugging %.

He has a decent eye is the best thing I could say about the guy

He is as allergic to the big spot as anyone in the game

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my defense, I've been spending time on another board where any Yankee success has been met with their payroll as the reason for it

Any Yankee fan who complains about their current payroll is completely MISSING THE POINT. The Yankee payroll is low because of guys like Judge, Sanchez, Torres, and Anduar being on their first contracts.

Sure you could upgrade CF or LF. But finding an adequate replacement for CF that would be significantly better than Hicks is easier said than done. There only maybe a half dozen better CFers than Hicks. And most of them aren't available.

The Yankees are set up to be really good for the next 5 years, if they can get some good starting pitching.