• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
68 pitchers through 7 is nuts

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Pedro him……

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adley, Gunnar and likely Burnes as starters. Would have liked another Oriole or two since the Phillies got seven dudes, but thats good enough. All Star game participants aren’t championship trophies.

Now, if they could go back to the old way of doing jerseys with the actual team jerseys on the game, and host team color themes on the warmup jerseys, that would be great.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huge series win. Crawford came up big tonight, though you do wonder if he should have come out for the 8th... but they're off tomorrow anyway.

tough luck loss for Gil, he was great aside from one mistake to Devers.

Last edited:

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I didn't want to be one to say it but unless you are debating with teenaagers, no grown ass yankees fan is bringing up 27 titles

Of course you yankees fans dont….

It’s everybody else’s perception that you do then.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Gotta admit that I couldn't place your avatar pic until I did a reverse image search. Holy shit Sammy. What happened to you!!
Whoa whoa whoa! “Reverse image search”? Who knew we had Edward Snowden posting on here?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you are. After all, the yankees are the team of destiny. The Yankees have won the whole thing 27 times. The Yankees and their fans are the only group of people who can gloat or bitch about their team because they’ve been there 27 times before.

Did I mention that they won 27 world titles?

Its Stanton’s fault.
It’s Volpe’s. No its not. Volpe is better in every way than YOUR shortstop.
Jeter. The Captain.
All Rise!

Let’s go Yankees!!!
This is a good post. And Volpe DOES get an inordinate amount of(undeserved) love for a guy with a .226 career BA. I think I’d rather have Rafaela?? Hmm

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and to be fair, the pitch on Devers second home run was like 2 feet off the plate. not much you can do about that

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and to be fair, the pitch on Devers second home run was like 2 feet off the plate. not much you can do about that
GR7fveeaMAAi0vp.png

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-6-1 in their last 7 series

3rd year in a row with a 5-15 stretch

We're just gonna do this every year now, eh?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good post. And Volpe DOES get an inordinate amount of(undeserved) love for a guy with a .226 career BA. I think I’d rather have Rafaela?? Hmm

Caveat first: we’re only halfway through the season and anything can happen.

The yankees were a legit bad team last season, and though they tried to upgrade their team this season, they are/were hamstrung by a lot of money already being given to subpar starters (Rizzo, Stanton, Rodon, etc.), an unwillingness of top tier free agents to play in NY (Yamamoto, shohei), and a coaching staff that isnt great to begin with.

They relied last year too much on hitting homers, much like the Orioles are doing this year, and didnt have the lineup for that for one reason or another.

Volpe is a fine player with excellent defense, but isnt an amazing hitter - yet.

Verdugo is an average player who clearly isnt missed in Boston.

If Rice adjusts to the pitchers adjusting to him, it would make the lineup much more potent then the return of one-dimensional Stanton, in my opinion.

Either way, Judge - like Gunnar Henderson - is almost good enough to carry the team into the postseason singlehandedly, and the Yankees will almost certainly turn it around despite all that was mentioned above (poor managing especially) before too long.

Hopefully it’ll be too little too late.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caveat first: we’re only halfway through the season and anything can happen.

The yankees were a legit bad team last season, and though they tried to upgrade their team this season, they are/were hamstrung by a lot of money already being given to subpar starters (Rizzo, Stanton, Rodon, etc.), an unwillingness of top tier free agents to play in NY (Yamamoto, shohei), and a coaching staff that isnt great to begin with.

They relied last year too much on hitting homers, much like the Orioles are doing this year, and didnt have the lineup for that for one reason or another.

Volpe is a fine player with excellent defense, but isnt an amazing hitter - yet.

Verdugo is an average player who clearly isnt missed in Boston.

If Rice adjusts to the pitchers adjusting to him, it would make the lineup much more potent then the return of one-dimensional Stanton, in my opinion.

Either way, Judge - like Gunnar Henderson - is almost good enough to carry the team into the postseason singlehandedly, and the Yankees will almost certainly turn it around despite all that was mentioned above (poor managing especially) before too long.

Hopefully it’ll be too little too late.
Verdugo was addition by subtraction for the Sox. He might have the widest gap between how he views his talent and what he actually provides that I’ve ever seen. The Sox got Tyler O’Neill for $2M less and he’s basically provided double the WAR in a bunch less games. The Sox did well with that move. Now, Chris Sale on the other hand….

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I expected Sale to do THIS in 2024. I wasn’t even against trading him as he’s looked washed-up for years. But if he had stayed and was pitching like this, the Sox might actually be legit contenders. He’s been a true ace again.