• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally a real lineup change

Shouldn’t take a month of bad baseball to shakeup the lineup

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a diffrence time makes for a franchise that finished the furthest back in history just 5 years ago.

Gunnar Henderson & Adley Rutschman will be starters at the all star game.
Jordan Westburg, Grayson Rodriguez, Ryan Mountcastle, and Ryan Ohearn will get strong consideration and should be all-stars.

All 7 should be all-stars (along with Burnes), but the rule for one star on each franchise will probably limit the Orioles to 5.
Combined those seven (under age 27) all-star level players make less than 10 million combined for a few years signed.

I want to think our GM is the smartest guy on earth, but its probably the greatest single series of lucky breaks in history.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not surprised the Yankees are having some struggles now, they are basically the Judge and Soto show, they get no production from anyone else. The O’s are a much deeper team with a better lineup.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yanks 2-8 since Stanton went down
that's not why your starting pitching has shit the bed

no doubt his injury hurts your lineup, but he's a DH with a .302 OBP and a 120 Ops+. that's far from great

I'd argue Schmidt's injury has had a bigger effect just because of the instability of the rotation as of lately

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's not why your starting pitching has shit the bed

no doubt his injury hurts your lineup, but he's a DH with a .302 OBP and a 120 Ops+. that's far from great

I'd argue Schmidt's injury has had a bigger effect just because of the instability of the rotation as of lately
offense been almost as bad as the pitching. Also can’t ignore that June was by far his best month of the season. Don’t think their record since he went down is a big coincidence

Only scored more than 4 runs 2x since he went down. Not going to win a lot of games if you are almost never putting up 5 runs

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not surprised the Yankees are having some struggles now, they are basically the Judge and Soto show, they get no production from anyone else. The O’s are a much deeper team with a better lineup.
Stanton was on pace for about 40 hrs and 90 plus rbi before he got hurt. This was shaping up to be his best or 2nd best season as a Yankee and with how useless the rest of the guys been excluding Soto/Judge, couldn’t afford to lose him for an extended period. Him going down the same time as the pitching got bad been a recipe for disaster

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offense been almost as bad as the pitching. Also can’t ignore that June was by far his best month of the season. Don’t think their record since he went down is a big coincidence

Only scored more than 4 runs 2x since he went down. Not going to win a lot of games if you are almost never putting up 5 runs
you're also not gonna win a lot of games when your team has a 5.26 ERA as they did in June

there's not a lot of things going right for the Yankees right now. I think they were playing over their heads and have regressed, albeit to a larger extent than I'd expect them to. Your pitching won't be this bad forever, and I'd expect some of those hitters to turn around at some point (Torres). The Stanton and Schmidt injuries hurt

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're also not gonna win a lot of games when your team has a 5.26 ERA as they did in June

there's not a lot of things going right for the Yankees right now. I think they were playing over their heads and have regressed, albeit to a larger extent than I'd expect them to. Your pitching won't be this bad forever, and I'd expect some of those hitters to turn around at some point (Torres). The Stanton and Schmidt injuries hurt
i agree. To lose 14 of 19 and only be 2 gb is a blessing. It pays to start off red hot as they did. Would be in deep shit had they started 39-31 instead of 49-21

Got to think they start playing better and winning series again sooner rather than later

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree. To lose 14 of 19 and only be 2 gb is a blessing. It pays to start off red hot as they did. Would be in deep shit had they started 39-31 instead of 49-21

Got to think they start playing better and winning series again sooner rather than later

On June 11th the Yankees were 48-21, and the O’s were 44-22. They were 3 up on the Orioles.

In truth, the Yankees lost 5 games during their extended period of suckiness.

Now while I hope the yankees continue their general suckiness for the remainder of the season, the chances of that happening are nil. They’ll get their groove back on and start winning games / series again sooner or later.

I do think Navamind is correct in asserting that they played over their heads for a while and have regressed to the mean.

Meanwhile, the O’s went 12-10 during that same period - not exactly world beaters - and the Sox seemed to have developed a pretty interesting identity as a team.

Anyway, should make for a good second half for the AL Beast.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On June 11th the Yankees were 48-21, and the O’s were 44-22. They were 3 up on the Orioles.

In truth, the Yankees lost 5 games during their extended period of suckiness.

Now while I hope the yankees continue their general suckiness for the remainder of the season, the chances of that happening are nil. They’ll get their groove back on and start winning games / series again sooner or later.

I do think Navamind is correct in asserting that they played over their heads for a while and have regressed to the mean.

Meanwhile, the O’s went 12-10 during that same period - not exactly world beaters - and the Sox seemed to have developed a pretty interesting identity as a team.

Anyway, should make for a good second half for the AL Beast.
Good post. Nice to see you with a real post instead of typical fighting nonsense.