• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East 2016 thread

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clint Frazier has been less than stellar thus far for the Yanks- and then got hurt.

That will be an interesting guy to track the next few years- with all the guys the Yanks have and have traded for Sanchez, Bird, Torres, Frazier, Judge etc....it seems like they might finally have a young core to build around for the first time in a long time.

they also have plenty of trade chips for established major leaguers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they also have plenty of trade chips for established major leaguers.
very true...

i saw Moncada just got called up for the Sox. Now the Red Sox have some serious minor leaguers.

i havent watched Mookie Betts play a lot- just highlights here and there for the most part. Unbelievable the leap he took his year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hate betances as a closer. Comes in a throw 3 straight balls.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very true...

i saw Moncada just got called up for the Sox. Now the Red Sox have some serious minor leaguers.

i havent watched Mookie Betts play a lot- just highlights here and there for the most part. Unbelievable the leap he took his year.

It's been pretty crazy, especially considering how good he was last year. I still don't think he'll be a regular 30+ home run guy, but his all around game is just amazing. Honestly, he might be having the best season by a Sox player since Boggs ('85). Nomar had some better years with the bat, but his defense/baserunning weren't nearly on par with Betts. I think he'll be more of a 20-25 HR guy, but he'll regularly hit 50+ doubles/triples and he'll start to walk more. He had some pretty good walk rates in the minors.

I'm very excited to see Moncada play, but I have tempered expectations right now. He did strike out at a pretty high rate in AA. I think it'll take him a while to adjust like it did with Bogaerts. Even then, I still think he's capable of performing better than Shaw/Hill have over the last few months.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been pretty crazy, especially considering how good he was last year. I still don't think he'll be a regular 30+ home run guy, but his all around game is just amazing. Honestly, he might be having the best season by a Sox player since Boggs ('85). Nomar had some better years with the bat, but his defense/baserunning weren't nearly on par with Betts. I think he'll be more of a 20-25 HR guy, but he'll regularly hit 50+ doubles/triples and he'll start to walk more. He had some pretty good walk rates in the minors.
I think the Sox will end up in the playoffs and we can see some of these guys on the national stage a little bit more.

Porcello started to put it together at the end of last year- and has been awesome this year. Do you start him Game 1? Or do you have to start Price?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
season over!! met wrong team, KC, at wrong time... thanks weefardi for a weeks hope... go coach a little league team where you can't put strain on their arms, or give them days off for a cough.

joke coach, joke season!

This post is why you don't run to conclusions after losing a close game in the first game of a 3 game set.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Sox will end up in the playoffs and we can see some of these guys on the national stage a little bit more.

Porcello started to put it together at the end of last year- and has been awesome this year. Do you start him Game 1? Or do you have to start Price?

I have a feeling it'll end up being Porcello just because of his consistency this year (he's gone 5+ innings every start and he's never allowed more than 5 runs (only did so three times)).

Price has actually been pretty damn good since mid-May. He has a 3.16 ERA over his last 21 starts. And while Price's overall stats seem disappointing, his 115 ERA+ this year is actually the same as it was in 2013/14. And he still leads the AL in innings pitched. He's pitching in a much tougher ballpark than Tropicana and offense is way up from 2013/14, hence the higher raw ERA. He's having a better first year than a lot of other recent Boston acquisitions (Crawford, Sandoval, Hanley, Beckett in 2006 to name a few).

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's pretty possible that Moncada only sees several at bats and is primarily used as a pinch runner/defensive replacement.

it'll be pretty exciting if him and Benintendi are in the lineup with Betts/Bogaerts/Bradley though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's pretty possible that Moncada only sees several at bats and is primarily used as a pinch runner/defensive replacement.

it'll be pretty exciting if him and Benintendi are in the lineup with Betts/Bogaerts/Bradley though.
yah no doubt. That is a helluva young core. To be able to fill in around the edges with that kind of core is pretty amazing. It certainly helps cover up the mistakes like Sandoval.

As for the Tribe and Andrew Miller- truly unbelievable watching him on a nightly (or near) basis. That slider with his height and arm action looks as close to a Randy Johnson back foot slider as I have seen.

Pretty excited that the Tribe decided to pull the trigger on this one- because with the Tribes starting pitching- having an elite closer for this year plus 2 more certainly gives them a real shot.

Its a bummer to lose Frazier- but Bradley Zimmer is an awesome fielder that I actually liked more than Frazier coming into this year- though at least for the first half of the year Zimmer under performed and Frazier hit pretty well.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post is why you don't run to conclusions after losing a close game in the first game of a 3 game set.
Dude, pasta's entire selection of posts is saying the season is over for NYY. If his posts translated to the real world the Yankees haven't won a game since June.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling it'll end up being Porcello just because of his consistency this year (he's gone 5+ innings every start and he's never allowed more than 5 runs (only did so three times)).

Price has actually been pretty damn good since mid-May. He has a 3.16 ERA over his last 21 starts. And while Price's overall stats seem disappointing, his 115 ERA+ this year is actually the same as it was in 2013/14. And he still leads the AL in innings pitched. He's pitching in a much tougher ballpark than Tropicana and offense is way up from 2013/14, hence the higher raw ERA. He's having a better first year than a lot of other recent Boston acquisitions (Crawford, Sandoval, Hanley, Beckett in 2006 to name a few).
A lot comes down to how the final week of the season pans out. If the Sox and Jays can both still win the division going into the final weekend the Sox will be under pressure to get another start out of either Price or Porcello (or both). If nobody skips any starts for Boston Price won't get a start vs. the Jays on the final weekend as of now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, pasta's entire selection of posts is saying the season is over for NYY. If his posts translated to the real world the Yankees haven't won a game since June.

But just last week he was talking about Girardi for manager of the year lol. Dude is bipolar

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bad thing about playing in the AL East with 4 solid baseball teams is that in the final month of the season when it is mainly division games, you don't have the luxury of beating up on 2 bad teams in your division as the top teams in the AL West & AL Central can do with the A's/Angels and Whitesox/Twins.

Big difference in playing 7 games vs Tampa instead of 13 games vs the Braves, Twins, and White Sox

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bad thing about playing in the AL East with 4 solid baseball teams is that in the final month of the season when it is mainly division games, you don't have the luxury of beating up on 2 bad teams in your division as the top teams in the AL West & AL Central can do with the A's/Angels and Whitesox/Twins.

Big difference in playing 7 games vs Tampa instead of 13 games vs the Braves, Twins, and White Sox
I agree, but I think that gives a leg up to the team that comes out on top come the ALDS. Battle-hardened and ready for anything, and they'll need it because Texas and Cleveland aren't anything to sneeze at this year. Both teams are going to be incredibly tough to overcome.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I think that gives a leg up to the team that comes out on top come the ALDS. Battle-hardened and ready for anything, and they'll need it because Texas and Cleveland aren't anything to sneeze at this year. Both teams are going to be incredibly tough to overcome.

I agree but I honestly think it means only 2 teams make it out of the East (Boston and Toronto IMO). I think Detroit, KC, or Houston gets the final WC spot

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but I honestly think it means only 2 teams make it out of the East (Boston and Toronto IMO). I think Detroit, KC, or Houston gets the final WC spot
I do as well, but all things equal Baltimore has no business being a playoff team and while those three all have warts I think they'd at least make a decent series of it were they to advance to the ALDS. I think the O's would get ground into a fine dust by Texas if they got through and screw that.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not for a rain delay, the Yankees may not have lost a series since like May of 2005