• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Thread '19 Edition

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be realistic.

I can't rip Carrasco with what he's gone through, that guy was one of the nastiest pitchers that I've ever seen. But Leukemia? Come on, let's put that up until 2020.

Kluber could recover, but you're at a long shot as to him being what he was when healthy.

The main thing is, it's that you've got a great starting rotation without them! How does that happen?!

I'm more lashing out because you've been so good, (when you shouldn't be), than that the Twins have been mediocre!

Shane Bieber, WTF!?!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Indians have the best record in baseball by far since June 1st and you boys can't catch up to us with how badly we've been playing?

Hit us with all you've got. Trevor Bauer, throw all you've got.

But I would say that (assuming they don't sell) you've got an appointment that you won't enjoy with this guy in 10 days:

@mr.hockey4242 This team is going to win this division no doubt about it.

Our lead is 2 games lol

Why are you randomly making guarantees

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Twins fan talking smack after they have blown a 13 game lead when the Indians have their best pitchers hurt hahahaha congratulations!! There is no reason the Twins shouldn't win the division. Best offense in the game right now, Indians injured and yet they cut the lead to 2. I mean I will take that all day but they gotta play some damn good teams now, like I said, gonna be tough if Kluber doesn't comeback soon. He is starting back up though, so that is a good sign. Not sure about Carrasco, we could see him late in the season, maybe not. He said he wants to play just depends on how his treatment goes I guess.

You can’t keep bringing up Indians injuries and ignoring the Twins injuries tho lmao.

Kluber and Carrasco were pitching like ass. And Rodriquez or whatever fucking blows.

Twins have had their full outfield out at times and there is a direct correlation to us winning and losing if Buxton plays

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t keep bringing up Indians injuries and ignoring the Twins injuries tho lmao.

Kluber and Carrasco were pitching like ass. And Rodriquez or whatever fucking blows.

Twins have had their full outfield out at times and there is a direct correlation to us winning and losing if Buxton plays

Kind of a big difference between a nice hitter in already a great lineup and missing 2-3 key starters and you have to start young guys LOL

Kluber had been injured well before that injury, probably why he was pitching like ass. Carrasco might not comeback that season and a tough break but really that's been the Indians' seasons the last 2-3 years anyway. No breaks at all.
It's definitely not an excuse considering they cut about a 12 game lead to 2 lolz. Their young guys have pitched well, nice bullpen and lineup starting to actually hit now. I still don't expect the Indians to win the division and like I said injuries have killed them the last 3 years anyway. It's just what happens to this team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be realistic.

I can't rip Carrasco with what he's gone through, that guy was one of the nastiest pitchers that I've ever seen. But Leukemia? Come on, let's put that up until 2020.

Kluber could recover, but you're at a long shot as to him being what he was when healthy.

The main thing is, it's that you've got a great starting rotation without them! How does that happen?!

I'm more lashing out because you've been so good, (when you shouldn't be), than that the Twins have been mediocre!

Shane Bieber, WTF!?!

And you know this how? lol just your opinion I guess.

How does that happen? Well young guys that have potential have to step up and play more. They are showing what they are made of, this happens a lot. I see why this is so surprising. I mean Bieber has been unbelievable far better than what I thought he could be but if you give a guy more opportunities you actually find out how good or great he can be.

You keep saying the Twins have been mediocre and I really don't know why you keep saying this. Still a top 3 offense in the league and the Indians just cut 10+ games into their league. You act like you are running away with the division :pound: Now I am being realistic, great stretch by the Tribe but this stretch of tough games is gonna be very tough without Kluber. He was the main guy to get them through these tough stretches pitching wise year after year.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a big difference between a nice hitter in already a great lineup and missing 2-3 key starters and you have to start young guys LOL

Kluber had been injured well before that injury, probably why he was pitching like ass. Carrasco might not comeback that season and a tough break but really that's been the Indians' seasons the last 2-3 years anyway. No breaks at all.
It's definitely not an excuse considering they cut about a 12 game lead to 2 lolz. Their young guys have pitched well, nice bullpen and lineup starting to actually hit now. I still don't expect the Indians to win the division and like I said injuries have killed them the last 3 years anyway. It's just what happens to this team.

Yeah the big difference is missing Buxton, a guy who can play every day and play defense

Compared to a guy who can only take the ball once every 5 days.

And the reason our offense sputtered for a while was that lots of guys were out for extended periods. Rosario, Cron, Gonzalez, Cruz. Nelly is usually never hurt, probably already missed more games this year then any year over the last 5+ years

Not excuses tho. All teams go through these. Just saying, you can’t keep falling back on some starters being out when your pitching isn’t the problem. Unless you’re gonna let the twins say the same about their hitters when that isn’t a problem.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Tigers win their next 62 games, they will be 92-70 ... I still think that may not be enough to take the division. DAMN!!!
Tigers have other worldy powers unknown to mankind. They will make it happen

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our lead is 2 games lol

Why are you randomly making guarantees

I was running hot. I still am frankly. I think we took their absolute best shot and they still couldn't pass us.

As I said before, this one is going to be decided head-to-head.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was running hot. I still am frankly. I think we took their absolute best shot and they still couldn't pass us.

As I said before, this one is going to be decided head-to-head.

I would hope a team didn't pass them when you had a 12 game lead, if so, that would be an epic collapse.

On June 2nd the Indians were 11.5 games back and couldn't have played much worse BUT they had this record while having one of the worst offenses:

Twins 40-18
Indians 29-30

Since in a 8 week period, the results:
Indians have went 33-13
Twins have went 24-23

Closing a 12 game lead to a 2 game lead in less than 2 months is pretty damn good. If the Twins would have truly played bad the Indians would be in the lead. There is no reason the Twins should be win the division this year though, this has been there best chance in years to do so, there seems to be going right for them (and got a couple BP guys). Seems like even with this hot streak the Indians just seem to be unlucky, again and again.

Should be a fun end of the season though.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm full on rooting for the Twins upcoming collapse.

It's shitty baseball, we all know it. Softball is more strategic.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big fan of offenses that are dependent on them, no.

I'll give you that. We need to be more clutch with guys on base. I don't see that collapse you're rooting for happening though given the schedule down the stretch. The playoffs are a whole different animal though.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you that. We need to be more clutch with guys on base. I don't see that collapse you're rooting for happening though given the schedule down the stretch. The playoffs are a whole different animal though.
I don't know the percentage of runs scored via homer.

But I know about a third of the runs are a guy driving himself in.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Salazar to start for Indians on Thursday

Finally! I don't know if I would have made his first start vs the Stros but we will see how it goes.

His last start was August 20th. Then did some BP work for a couple weeks. If he is healthy and back to his old self that would be huge for their rotation and depth of this staff.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Salazar to start for Indians on Thursday

Finally! I don't know if I would have made his first start vs the Stros but we will see how it goes.

His last start was August 20th. Then did some BP work for a couple weeks. If he is healthy and back to his old self that would be huge for their rotation and depth of this staff.

Kid is absolutely nasty when he's on. It has been 2 years though, so I wouldn't be expecting anything right away, especially against Houston.