• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Thread '19 Edition

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohhh well, that's even better thank you for letting me know!

We are back bitches ... (no we're not I just can't stand not being part of the conversation).

castellanos-home-run.jpg

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians-Jays game is on freaking Youtube so no local broadcast. That is ass

Youtube is for watching WKRP in Cincinnati reruns Mean Tweets

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least you guys are gonna win yet again

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you guys are gonna win yet again

Bauer pitched a great 8 innings and Hand gave up a solo. Almost gave up two more homers in the 9th, one a long single and one an out. Just goes to show you even the best BP struggles.

Bauer was great though. Gotta hold them and actually scoring some runs in extras

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bauer pitched a great 8 innings and Hand gave up a solo. Almost gave up two more homers in the 9th, one a long single and one an out. Just goes to show you even the best BP struggles.

Bauer was great though. Gotta hold them and actually scoring some runs in extras

O wow. Coulda sworn I saw the bottom line of Twins game say “End 9th” when it was 1-0

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Film yourself watching it on YouTube while eating Tide Pods. You will get 1MM hits.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox about to fall to the mighty Marlins.

IMG_0114.jpg

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL we are not going to take advantage.

5 run 8th.

Worst bullpen ever assembled and we refuse to fix it. This is the biggest travesty I have ever seen as a sports fan. Literally refuse to fix the issue. Just keep pitching the same guys.

Gregorious has 5 RBI already, we bring in a righty to face him because Rogers is our only lefty option and apparently he cant be used in the 8th.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5 run 8th.

Worst bullpen ever assembled and we refuse to fix it. This is the biggest travesty I have ever seen as a sports fan. Literally refuse to fix the issue. Just keep pitching the same guys.

Gregorious has 5 RBI already, we bring in a righty to face him because Rogers is our only lefty option and apparently he cant be used in the 8th.

We both blew it lolz. Realistically, it's going to be difficult for both our teams to win in the playoffs. The Yankees and Astros have so much more talented teams imo. Very far few weaknesses.

The 2 games the Indians have lost in the middle of these winnings streaks, one they lost 1-0, the other they were up 1-0 and blew it in the 9th and extras. Pitching hasn't been the problem...they need to add a bat...I just hope trading Bauer isn't the answer to getting that bat

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We both blew it lolz. Realistically, it's going to be difficult for both our teams to win in the playoffs. The Yankees and Astros have so much more talented teams imo. Very far few weaknesses.

The 2 games the Indians have lost in the middle of these winnings streaks, one they lost 1-0, the other they were up 1-0 and blew it in the 9th and extras. Pitching hasn't been the problem...they need to add a bat...I just hope trading Bauer isn't the answer to getting that bat

Yanks own us but other than that we stack up pretty decent against them if we had even a decent AAA bullpen.

That’s the issue, we are using guys getting rocked in the minors. It’s embarrassing.

We’ve had no problem bashing in New York pitching

But we trotted out a bullpen of minor leaguers and gave up 16 hits in the last like 5 innings.

Sad

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yanks own us but other than that we stack up pretty decent against them if we had even a decent AAA bullpen.

That’s the issue, we are using guys getting rocked in the minors. It’s embarrassing.

We’ve had no problem bashing in New York pitching

But we trotted out a bullpen of minor leaguers and gave up 16 hits in the last like 5 innings.

Sad

Yeah but as you know the playoffs are always a different beast...the BP is so much more important in the playoffs as well. When the Indians made the WS they were down 3 starters but their BP was so damn good and they had depth too.

The Indians only weakness at this point is the lineup and their hitting consistency....and injuries. It's mainly just pitchers that are injured though, which is weird bc hitting is the problem

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but as you know the playoffs are always a different beast...the BP is so much more important in the playoffs as well. When the Indians made the WS they were down 3 starters but their BP was so damn good and they had depth too.

The Indians only weakness at this point is the lineup and their hitting consistency....and injuries. It's mainly just pitchers that are injured though, which is weird bc hitting is the problem

Yeah I’m just saying that our issue is actually an easy fix.

Like we don’t have to worry about giving up prospects to maybe fix a team

If we went out and added multiple high end relievers. Our roster would be about as perfectly constructed

It ain’t hard to go trade for relievers. We’ve had months.

I’m not asking for Bauer, Blackmon, Scherzer, Greinke or any other superstar bar that may come available.

It’s so easy, and we are too goddamn pussy to make the moves

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5 run 8th.

I get the frustration but "biggest travesty"? How about the Indians being in a contending window and CUTTING payroll?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still can't get past letting Brantley walk to sign a reasonable, 2-year deal.

As for Bauer? Tough call. would be a travesty to move him for prospects not at or close to ML ready. But for a couple studs who could help the lineup now and maybe 1-2 more for down the road? Gotta at least consider it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I’m just saying that our issue is actually an easy fix.

Like we don’t have to worry about giving up prospects to maybe fix a team

If we went out and added multiple high end relievers. Our roster would be about as perfectly constructed

It ain’t hard to go trade for relievers. We’ve had months.

I’m not asking for Bauer, Blackmon, Scherzer, Greinke or any other superstar bar that may come available.

It’s so easy, and we are too goddamn pussy to make the moves

You have Cody Allen lol. Add him to the mix and add one more RP and you will be fine

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still can't get past letting Brantley walk to sign a reasonable, 2-year deal.

As for Bauer? Tough call. would be a travesty to move him for prospects not at or close to ML ready. But for a couple studs who could help the lineup now and maybe 1-2 more for down the road? Gotta at least consider it.

True but he signed a 2 yr $32M. The Indians aren't paying $16M for an injury prone OF especially when they had Zimmer and Mercado behind him. So not thrilled about that bc Brantley was starting to get healthy and is a beast but it opened up the doors for Mercado to start....so it worked out.

Bauer is a beast but next season he will be getting $20M. So either way they most likely don't pay him. If he doesn't get moved this season before the deadline you have to think they move him in the offseason. I think they could get more for him now but it really depends how good Kluber and Carrasco are when they comeback...if Carrasco even comes back. Add Salazar to the mix. They can't give him up Bauer if it costs them the playoffs imo. Hard to evaluate but overall if they were to get a bigtime OF right now or a young, talented guy in the majors right now...I wouldn't be totally opposed to it. I just don't think they need to force it if they can trade him in the offseason and keep him for one last shot in playoffs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but he signed a 2 yr $32M. The Indians aren't paying $16M for an injury prone OF especially when they had Zimmer and Mercado behind him. So not thrilled about that bc Brantley was starting to get healthy and is a beast but it opened up the doors for Mercado to start....so it worked out.

Bauer is a beast but next season he will be getting $20M. So either way they most likely don't pay him. If he doesn't get moved this season before the deadline you have to think they move him in the offseason. I think they could get more for him now but it really depends how good Kluber and Carrasco are when they comeback...if Carrasco even comes back. Add Salazar to the mix. They can't give him up Bauer if it costs them the playoffs imo. Hard to evaluate but overall if they were to get a bigtime OF right now or a young, talented guy in the majors right now...I wouldn't be totally opposed to it. I just don't think they need to force it if they can trade him in the offseason and keep him for one last shot in playoffs.
Losing Brantley has allowed Bauers - not Mercado - to start. Zimmer being hurt and Martin sucking allowed Mercado to play.

They didn't even tender Brantley (or whatever they call it in MLB) to get draft pick compensation. Just dumb.

I do think that's what they'll be thinking on Bauer. 1) does the deal make them better THIS year and/or 2) Is it a deal they could make in the offseason if they wait.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Brantley has allowed Bauers - not Mercado - to start. Zimmer being hurt and Martin sucking allowed Mercado to play.

They didn't even tender Brantley (or whatever they call it in MLB) to get draft pick compensation. Just dumb.

I do think that's what they'll be thinking on Bauer. 1) does the deal make them better THIS year and/or 2) Is it a deal they could make in the offseason if they wait.

It doesn't matter...Bauers doesn't play CF he plays primarly LF or DH. Mercado plays CF and has evolved into the starting CF. Bauers would have played even if Brantley was still on the team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter...Bauers doesn't play CF he plays primarly LF or DH. Mercado plays CF and has evolved into the starting CF. Bauers would have played even if Brantley was still on the team.
Correct....was just saying if we kept Brantley we'd still have Mercado up as he plays CF.