• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Thread '19 Edition

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s impossible with that Homer head. He looks like a fucking Martian from juicing for decades
I am all for unleashing the furry in the dugout, but that was pathetic to watch. He busted his lip open earlier when they were in Cleveland his helmet ricocheted off the wall

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad your clarified this one as "shot in the arm" typically means something else on the Southside

images
Well, when the Sox DFA guys, that’s what happens.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still...a pinch hit away from losing another one. That was a big win.

Where is Cody Allen?

Just making the playoffs to lose in 3 or 4 in the ALDS isn't going to satisfy fans around here though, especially when this season felt like it was set up for a deep run in October/November with a little help.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just making the playoffs to lose in 3 or 4 in the ALDS isn't going to satisfy fans around here though, especially when this season felt like it was set up for a deep run in October/November with a little help.

No moves so far is inexcusable.

Don’t think we were ever winning a series regardless tho.

Yanks are really good and own us.

Astros are just stacked

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's better than not making it all considering what the expectation were coming into the season. I'm not sure any team wants to lose in the ALDS...but I think 20+ games over .500 at this point is a surprise to most and even Twins fans. If the Indians didn't have a depleted rotation they could be in first right now...so I would take that all day personally as of right now from the Twins perspective.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest bullshit balk call I ever saw lolzzz

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooner the Royals can get Staumont, Zimmer, and Lovelady back up here so I don't have to watch this pitching vomit that is the Royals middle relief anymore, the better.

Kevin McCarthy just... exists.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Royals are always tough

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers now own the worst record and the biggest run differential in MLB!! No excuses ... We suck!!!

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers now own the worst record and the biggest run differential in MLB!! No excuses ... We suck!!!

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All 3 against mediocre to sub-par lineups, but that's kind of why I harp so much on the Royals not pairing the dude with an opener and better using his skillset, especially his slider, in general. There's finesse value there if they're willing to use it. He's not good, but you can probably fake it to a degree with Junis, imo.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All 3 against mediocre to sub-par lineups, but that's kind of why I harp so much on the Royals not pairing the dude with an opener and better using his skillset, especially his slider, in general. There's finesse value there if they're willing to use it. He's not good, but you can probably fake it to a degree with Junis, imo.

The Indians lineup had been one of the hottest in the majors, far from mediocre, shows how great Junis last night even with all the hard hit balls. But like I said over and over this Royals team always plays hard against them and competes. They actually have a pretty good lineup, got some good players throughout the lineup. Rotation isnt very good but most guys seem to pitch good against CLE for some reason. It doesnt help that every ball they hit hard was right at a defender. Last night they probably hit 5 balls that went to the warning track, one great catch by Hamilton climbing the wall. KC shouldnt have this bad of a record, I guess their pitching is just that bad...never looks that bad against CLE though

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Indians lineup had been one of the hottest in the majors, far from mediocre, shows how great Junis last night even with all the hard hit balls. But like I said over and over this Royals team always plays hard against them and competes. They actually have a pretty good lineup, got some good players throughout the lineup. Rotation isnt very good but most guys seem to pitch good against CLE for some reason. It doesnt help that every ball they hit hard was right at a defender. Last night they probably hit 5 balls that went to the warning track, one great catch by Hamilton climbing the wall. KC shouldnt have this bad of a record, I guess their pitching is just that bad...never looks that bad against CLE though

At least Twins blew another

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with KC's lineup/PPs is they are very thin, and many of their best hitters are liable to miss games on a regular basis. Dozier, Mondesi, and obviously Perez have all missed considerable time, with all the replacements but Maldonado being replacement or next to replacement value players; even Cuthbert has a wRC+ under 90 against RHP's. For instance, just today, you got guys like Arteaga and Duda out there who just don't belong in MLB period, an at best platoon player in Cuthbert, and then you have a mess in CF between Hamilton/Starling and wherever Whit Merrifield isn't playing between RF and 2B. Nicky Lopez might be solid down the line, but he isn't right now and Merrifield may or may not be a Royal in a couple weeks. It's not an accident the Royals have a team wRC+ of 88.

Yeah, the Royals have 3-4 guys in the lineup that will give most any team heartburn in some form or fashion, but the other 4-5 guys drag them down. It's true they probably could be 5-8 games better, but they got quite a bit of dysfunction. It's definitely an oddity they have as many strong players as they do with such a bad team, that is for sure. Good for them for not being sad sacks out there every day though, makes them watchable at least.

The pitching staff I feel is mismanaged, while also just not being very good. The pitching coach, imo has earned a firing. Junis and Jorge Lopez' performances in particular are suspiciously, excessively, bad.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just blew another

And the Twins comeback in the 9th. No appreciation from Twins fans. Freaking 20 games over and you would think they are in last place lolzz

They dont deserve to be in first for as much shit as they talk about their team

Every team has weaknesses