• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubles? And Miggy is still 30.... Albert is like 46.

Yeah I noticed Strikeouts weren't on there either. Miggy had like 500 more Ks. And as of today, yes Pujols had more doubles but that could change at the end of the season. Miggy has grounded into more Double Plays too if you wanted that?

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pujols had a monster career until he went to the AL... maybe its because he really is older than stated.. maybe its because of the change of league.. maybe its because of the foot... who knows.. but to be honest the year miggy is having is better than any season Pujols had... and you would have to cherry pick stats from different seasons where pujols had comparable numbers... if Miggy keeps his average above .350... and hits 5-10 more hr in the next month... he will destroy the best season Pujols ever had... he could pass up many of Pujols best season totals in the next week if healthy.. does that say anything?

cherry pick what? the first 11 seasons of their career Pujols leads in I think every stat. With 400+ less Ks, and grounded into less Double plays. I'm simply replying to Miggy being the best RH hitter someone has ever seen, it was only a few years ago that Pujols was putting up huge numbers. Miggy is a beast, and may continue to do so the next handful of years. But to say his first 11 seasons are better than Pujols' to call him the best RH hitter ever, just isn't there for me.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cherry pick what? the first 11 seasons of their career Pujols leads in I think every stat. With 400+ less Ks, and grounded into less Double plays. I'm simply replying to Miggy being the best RH hitter someone has ever seen, it was only a few years ago that Pujols was putting up huge numbers. Miggy is a beast, and may continue to do so the next handful of years. But to say his first 11 seasons are better than Pujols' to call him the best RH hitter ever, just isn't there for me.

You stated that pujols 3 year period from 2008-2010 was better than miggy's current 3 year run.. that is what we are speaking of.. that is why I quoted that post in my previous posts... you are the one that brought up 2008-2010... which in all honesty.. was not even pujols best stretch... I agree.. pujols numbers over the first 11 seasons were better... but this season is on pace to be better than any one season pujols ever had... period... end of story.

Pujols could be 40 yrs old for all we know.. which would explain him falling off a cliff.. why the cards didn't want any part of resigning him.. and why the Marlins backed away also. Dominicans have a history of doing this... And just so you know.. Venezuela... Miggy's home country is not to easy to fake documents as everything is digital and easy to fact check.. unlike in DR... Just heading off the ol Miggy may be older than you think argument before it starts. Miggy could easily pass up Pujols for his career.. or not.

At this point... Miggy is still in the peak of his career getting better... and Pujols is in decline... Is Pujols a first ballot HOFer? Yes... will Miggy pass him up in most stats... on the current pace.. yes... but who knows.. dumb argument... I am not a fan of trying to announce someone greatest ever in anything until the career is over...

Last edited by a moderator:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Miggy hits 5-10 more Hr and adds 20 more rbi in the next month.. all while holding his averages... which is very doable... it goes down as one of the greatest offensive seasons ever... and that is with an injury that held him out of lots of at bats.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun Fact:

Albert Pujols has won the RBI title once... HR title 2 times... and batting title once...

Miggy has won the RBI title 2 times and about to be 3... HR title 2 times.. and possibly 3... and batting title 2 times and about to be 3.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun Fact:

Albert Pujols has won the RBI title once... HR title 2 times... and batting title once...

Miggy has won the RBI title 2 times and about to be 3... HR title 2 times.. and possibly 3... and batting title 2 times and about to be 3.

If RBI's are so valued in your book, shouldn't runs be too? Pujols also lead the league in runs 5x, including multiple times over 130....Cabrera never topped 111 runs.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubles? And Miggy is still 30.... Albert is like 46.

Pujols had more doubles, triples, twice as many steals, more walks, and 500 less strikeouts at the same age.

Keep digging

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rick Porcello No hitter prediction is good thru the first frame. (Tigers looking to get the season series to 14-3 tonight)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pujols had more doubles, triples, twice as many steals, more walks, and 500 less strikeouts at the same age.

Keep digging

I wasn't digging dickweed, you stat guys are. I, personally, wouldn't give a shit if someone said this hitter or that hitter was the best hitter they've ever seen. I come on here to give, and read opinions. You nerds look up stats.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't digging dickweed, you stat guys are. I, personally, wouldn't give a shit if someone said this hitter or that hitter was the best hitter they've ever seen. I come on here to give, and read opinions. You nerds look up stats.

lol

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy is the only player in Major league history with at least 1,962 hits, 410 doubles, 361 hr, and 1,243 rbi at age 30 years and 4 months.....this is some special dude we are watching.....

0 Thumbs Down

None...
Thumbs Up

None...

down_dis.png
up_dis.png

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nosferatu, thats an ignorant statement. If anyone did roids its joe mauer with his one year power spike, but thats not fair since he didnt test positive. Quit making idiotic hater statements because you dont like the tigers

Just look at his posts the last month.....thats what he does....his teams out of it, so he needs to get attention somehow.....

First off 82, you might wanna pay attention to all my posts not just ones where i'm messing with stupid fuckers like cleaves. I have stated I DO NOT believe Miggy jiuiced. It's just fun messing with cleaves cuz he's such prick.

I actually like Miguel Cabrera...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L ummmm..... Maybe I had hockey on the brain? I'm better at drinking than spelling.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honing my skills right now. Hoping the Spartans continue to suck enough so my Broncos can steal one up in E.L.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 - 7 the Broncs still got a shot, isn't western Michigan in Grand Rapids? I used to work down there, thought I remembered seeing the school...