• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are trying to be literal in regards to the term Program. I would agree.
If that is the case -- UM fans could say MSU hasn't been a better football program recently, even though they have won 4 of the last 5 or 5 of the last 6 or whatever it is, as UM has had better recruiting classes and more sustained success in the past.

I'd agree. U-M recruits better in football and has had more sustained success. Their recent coaching choices are a big contributor to their problems. Meanwhile, Dantonio has turned things around at MSU.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are trying to be literal in regards to the term Program. I would agree. If that is the case -- UM fans could say MSU hasn't been a better football program recently, even though they have won 4 of the last 5 or 5 of the last 6 or whatever it is, as UM has had better recruiting classes and more sustained success in the past.

And this I would agree with as well. Michigan is still the better football program(by a lot I should add). MSU has put together some good teams recently to top that.

Even the football one is a bigger sample though of 5 years

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup. when Michigan wins its luck.
you guys kill me.
I understand all these years mighty Michigan handing out butt whippings make you so full of envy.
news flash big bad mitch mcgary is back working out.and he looks great.Izzo is worried

Like i said...mcgoofy has a whopping 8 career points vs sparty....he was abused bad last year at the breslin....i think dan dakich used the term "looked shook" a few times describing mcgoofy....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are hanging your hat on Travis Trice as your point guard? Good luck with that. The guy has shot 38%, 32% and 42% from the field -- I guess it doesn't take much to be better than Appling.:whistle:

You speak of the last two years -- what is the record in the last 3 years for UM and MSU? Or doesn't it count if you sweep MSU more than 2 years ago? Face it -- right now -- it is bizarro world for MSU and UM fans. MSU is the better football program and UM is the better basketball program.

Don't sweat it though -- all will be right in the world again and UM will go back to dominating football and MSU will go back to dominating in basketball. It just won't be next year, when your entire offense (Payne and Gary Harris) left and UM still insists on calling Devin Gardner a starting QB.

Travis trice was 3rd in the big with .434 three point percentage last year....

Yeah michigan is the better basketball program.....right right....2 whole years they did something....they both went to the elite 8 this year....one won the reg big season and one the tourney...but whatever.....youre the same guy that told me a team was better once because they beat such and such team by 15 while the other team only won by 3....

The better basketball program is the program that has been to the tourney every year since the 90's......not the program that has 2 good years....TWO!!

I find it funny how many experts are saying sparty will compete for the big next year but are a sweet 16 team at best....i seen since stauskas and gr3 left people arent even thinking UM will go that far.....but i get it....UM players like zach irvin and walton will be good but players like kaminski and trice wont...not to mention we still got dawson and valentine......

I guess you didnt see sparty fill the scoring when neitzel left? Shannon brown, ager, and paul davis? Draymond green? Michigan filled a guys shoes ONCE....this year......lets see them keep filling kids shoes when they leave like izzo has done for 17 years...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that just isn't correct though when you throw in "program"

The Michigan State basketball program is still the better program. It has more sustained success, it gets the recruits and has the better coach. That is the program.

Has Michigan had a slightly better team the last two years(very small cherry picking) then yes. But hell go back one more year to 3 and you got a loss to fucking Ohio.

The basketball program at MSU is better there is no way around that at all.

:10:

Its so hard talking to arrogant michigan fans.....just beating sparty is everything.....yeah the great program lost to OHIO just 3 years ago.....glad butler fans arent like the arrogant UM fans....they would think they are better than duke with what they did....

Just watch...MARK THIS POST! Once UM goes back to mediocrity next year, all the UM fans wont talk hoops anymore....will all be about football...

Funny sparty has beaten UM in football lately....but they judge football on a 20 or higher year curve....in basketball, its the last 2 years...

Whens the last time izzo had a team with a manny harris or lavell blanchard sucking it up and not make the tourney? A program makes the tourney EVERY year....not just a few in a row....

I just like how sparty is losing "ALL" their offense, so they will suck.....you dont think we have lost offense in the last 17 years? But we keep on moving.

Great programs are considered by the jabari parkers, branden dawsons, gary harris, cliff alexanders, okafers, tyus jones, tyler ulis, jalen brunsons of the world.....teams like michigan need small recruits to come out of nowhere to be stars, just to be good for TWO years.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are trying to be literal in regards to the term Program. I would agree. If that is the case -- UM fans could say MSU hasn't been a better football program recently, even though they have won 4 of the last 5 or 5 of the last 6 or whatever it is, as UM has had better recruiting classes and more sustained success in the past.

Yeah but in football, dumb coaches can easliy turn a 5 star kid into a 2....while a good coach can turn a 2 star kid into a 5...

In basketball, very rarely are the stars not good once in college....

Winning 5 of 6 in football would be like winning 10 of 12 in hoops...in 6 years UM has won ONCE.....whats the record for sparty and UM the last 12 games? Beating a team in basketball is so different in football...in football a loss is huge...in basketball, you are going to lose.....after 10 years of dominating UM in hoops, beating UM became blah blah.....the big picture is what elite programs look forward to...notice how all UM fans know the record vs sparty lately....because its your championship....that finals last year was the closest UM will ever come to a NC...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But again, a few consecutive years doesn't make for the better PROGRAM. They may hve had some better seasons. But the MSU basketball program is still the better one.

It attracts better recruits. It would attract better coaches. This program is a blue blood. Heck go check out the "Top 25 programs in last 15 years" thread on the bball board.

Bigger sample and shows more of what program actually means. Sustained success, and that has really been Cleaves point the whole time.

I guess wichita st is an elite program?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this I would agree with as well. Michigan is still the better football program(by a lot I should add). MSU has put together some good teams recently to top that.

Even the football one is a bigger sample though of 5 years

Id be dumb to think spartys football program is better than UM...

But it isnt like we have only won 2 years....its been since 2007 since we dominated UM in football.....sparty has way better coaching....if coach D was at UM, he wouldve won a NC by now with the recruiting name of michigan behind him....its their own fault hiring lames like dik rod and brady choke on a bone...

Now if in another 3-4 years UM keeps beating us....and adds at least a couple more final 4's....they might be on our level....still gotta win a NC....been since 89....

Why are we even debating this? UM has TWO sweet 16 appearances in 20 years:laugh3:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and THE TIGERS WIN TIGERS WIN!!!!

Good day for my team so far...kinsler BOOM! Nathan a save. Vmart and hunter both on base...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins won game 1!!! Gibson was fantastic again!! Boy we need a good pitcher.

Ajax helped out my fanasty squad!!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny sparty has beaten UM in football lately....but they judge football on a 20 or higher year curve....in basketball, its the last 2 years...

Maybe you missed my post where I said MSU is the better football program right now and have been for the past 5 years.

I have no problem stating one team is better than the other. MSU has handed UM their ass a couple times in the last 5 years in football.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great programs are considered by the jabari parkers, branden dawsons, gary harris, cliff alexanders, okafers, tyus jones, tyler ulis, jalen brunsons of the world.....teams like michigan need small recruits to come out of nowhere to be stars, just to be good for TWO years.

2012 recruiting class rankings -- UM #6 nationally -- MSU #11 nationally
2013 recruiting class rankings -- UM #13 nationally -- MSU not in the top 20

Maybe you need to read up some more about the recruits UM has been bringing in. There is a reason why they lost their back court to the NBA and came back this year and won the B1G by 3 games without them.

Beilein does recruit players to fit his system, but they are signing multiple top 100 players each year and have been for the last couple years, which just so happens to coincide with competing for the B1G year in and year out and making deep runs in the NCAA tourney.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but in football, dumb coaches can easliy turn a 5 star kid into a 2....while a good coach can turn a 2 star kid into a 5...

In basketball, very rarely are the stars not good once in college....

Winning 5 of 6 in football would be like winning 10 of 12 in hoops...in 6 years UM has won ONCE.....whats the record for sparty and UM the last 12 games? Beating a team in basketball is so different in football...in football a loss is huge...in basketball, you are going to lose.....after 10 years of dominating UM in hoops, beating UM became blah blah.....the big picture is what elite programs look forward to...notice how all UM fans know the record vs sparty lately....because its your championship....that finals last year was the closest UM will ever come to a NC...

This post doesn't apply at all.. Michigan has had their problems in football but even in their downtime they still have a BCS bowl win.. I think we can all agree that MSU is still the better basketball program while UM is the better football program.. And this has always been the case.. And I like how you are spouting about, "closest UM will ever come" when you guys have only won 2 Championships yourselves and over 20 years apart at that.. Pot kettle black?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be dumb to think spartys football program is better than UM...

But it isnt like we have only won 2 years....its been since 2007 since we dominated UM in football.....sparty has way better coaching....if coach D was at UM, he wouldve won a NC by now with the recruiting name of michigan behind him....its their own fault hiring lames like dik rod and brady choke on a bone...

Now if in another 3-4 years UM keeps beating us....and adds at least a couple more final 4's....they might be on our level....still gotta win a NC....been since 89....

Why are we even debating this? UM has TWO sweet 16 appearances in 20 years:laugh3:

You have 1 Rose Bowl in 20.. :noidea: Way to be there with Northwestern buddy!!

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes. cleves still deflecting and sweet 16 and a final game last 2 years. yup just a basket or 2 from national champions...and sparty has his undies in a knot.
face it wolverines are hoop kings in Michigan..and the big 10 this year.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes. cleves still deflecting and sweet 16 and a final game last 2 years. yup just a basket or 2 from national champions...and sparty has his undies in a knot.
face it wolverines are hoop kings in Michigan..and the big 10 this year.

Close doesn't count, deal with it.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins are above .500 15 games into the season. Break 'em up boys this team believes in themselves.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tigers win. Verlander had to pitch behind sloppy defense today, he still hung tough and got the win. Nathan looking better.

yup up to 4th in our league .I told you I would win this through the FA wire. I icked up BRIAN THE BEAST DOIZER. he smash a home run and scored 4 runs. smart pick up.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tigers win. Verlander had to pitch behind sloppy defense today, he still hung tough and got the win. Nathan looking better.

yup up to 4th in our league .I told you I would win this through the FA wire. I icked up BRIAN THE BEAST DOIZER. he smash a home run and scored 4 runs. smart pick up.

the defense wasn't the only thing sloppy. He gave up 4 walks in 5 innings.