• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing about Michgian, while an elite 8 is an elite 8 they definitely lucked out. A 15, 7 and 11 seed.

Then lost to an 8.

Lets not forget about kansas just falling apart also last year....i know a wins a win, but i never seen a kansas team fall apart like that at the end of a game....i just think its funny that scUM fans run their mouths after 2 good years in 20.....sparty went just as far as them this year...while beating a 1 seed....thats an average year to us....good year is a final 4....scUM fans think elite 8 is how can i put it? Maybe like dayton moore...."like winning the WS"........when beilein gets 5 more final 4's and wins a NC, then maybe, just maybe ill take a scUM fan serious...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how Cleaves cares more about how Michigan does than how Sparty does. Inferiority complex much?

Maybe youre sort of new, but this scUM/sparty feud between me and dougie go back years on here.....if you want to scan back and just see how many times "izzo" is in a dougie post...

Why would someone care about a program that was forgotten for 20 years?

Maybe you have noticed we talk everything from al central to hockey to college sports on here....year round....unlike all the other "wannabe" smack talk threads, we keep this thread going.....i could be wrong, but did cbs even have other smack talk threads? I notice other divisions have "smack talk" threads.....they copying us? Lol

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how Cleaves cares more about how Michigan does than how Sparty does. Inferiority complex much?

Ok how bout this....Since izzo took over

6 final 4's to one
1 NC to zero
????? Record vs scUM...

Could care less if we beat them....only care about hanging FF and NC banners in the breslin.....i dont even know how many big 10 titles he has....take a FF any year over a big 10 championship...

Funny how in hoops scUM fans have a short term menory and what have you done for me lately type attitude.....but in football, its all about those victories in the 1800's and early 1900's.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh crap.....are the tigers gonna finally start the season?

Tigers 10 GP.....arizona 14 losses

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe youre sort of new, but this scUM/sparty feud between me and dougie go back years on here.....if you want to scan back and just see how many times "izzo" is in a dougie post...

Why would someone care about a program that was forgotten for 20 years?

Maybe you have noticed we talk everything from al central to hockey to college sports on here....year round....unlike all the other "wannabe" smack talk threads, we keep this thread going.....i could be wrong, but did cbs even have other smack talk threads? I notice other divisions have "smack talk" threads.....they copying us? Lol

I remember the last year on CBS there was a NL West one and maybe an AL East but they died QUICKLY. Nothing could compete with us AL Central boys. That was back when we had even more posters(White Sox actually had a representative lol) so those threads just got put to shame.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the last year on CBS there was a NL West one and maybe an AL East but they died QUICKLY. Nothing could compete with us AL Central boys. That was back when we had even more posters(White Sox actually had a representative lol) so those threads just got put to shame.

Yeah i remember itsjustagame.....his starting pitchers preview was nice.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup. when Michigan wins its luck.
you guys kill me.
I understand all these years mighty Michigan handing out butt whippings make you so full of envy.
news flash big bad mitch mcgary is back working out.and he looks great.Izzo is worried

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cold cold night for baseball. sanchez still gave tigers a chance to win.
verlander will get the Tigers a W tomorrow.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. King Felix and Yu were both dealing again tonight and due to a blown save neither could win for me.

Obviously, couldn't count on Sanchez the Tigers.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The White Sox in 1st place, Abruemania about to hit soon.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mr hockey..excuses excuses. you just waking up to the fact you playing with the big boys now.

2 weeks...I will be back on top!

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
moose. if you need help with that academics... let me know.
you can pick my brain. iam sure e will get you at least a C grade

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mr hockey..excuses excuses. you just waking up to the fact you playing with the big boys now.

2 weeks...I will be back on top!

I don't need excuses 1.5 out of first lol.

This is with 3 key guys on DL!!!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not you again......yup talking smack.....

Michigan 2 sweet 16's in 20 years....now back to mediocrity with your ONE final 4..

Our entire offense isnt gone mr know it all jack ass...

Trice was a better shooter than appling....valentine was the only player to play every game this year....hes a triple double type guy....dawson will be counted on to score this year....

Thats UM problem...beating sparty is huge to them....the last 2 years scUM Is 3-2 vs sparty.....but yeah whatever...

You are hanging your hat on Travis Trice as your point guard? Good luck with that. The guy has shot 38%, 32% and 42% from the field -- I guess it doesn't take much to be better than Appling.:whistle:

You speak of the last two years -- what is the record in the last 3 years for UM and MSU? Or doesn't it count if you sweep MSU more than 2 years ago? Face it -- right now -- it is bizarro world for MSU and UM fans. MSU is the better football program and UM is the better basketball program.

Don't sweat it though -- all will be right in the world again and UM will go back to dominating football and MSU will go back to dominating in basketball. It just won't be next year, when your entire offense (Payne and Gary Harris) left and UM still insists on calling Devin Gardner a starting QB.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are hanging your hat on Travis Trice as your point guard? Good luck with that. The guy has shot 38%, 32% and 42% from the field -- I guess it doesn't take much to be better than Appling.:whistle:

You speak of the last two years -- what is the record in the last 3 years for UM and MSU? Or doesn't it count if you sweep MSU more than 2 years ago? Face it -- right now -- it is bizarro world for MSU and UM fans. MSU is the better football program and UM is the better basketball program.

Don't sweat it though -- all will be right in the world again and UM will go back to dominating football and MSU will go back to dominating in basketball. It just won't be next year, when your entire offense (Payne and Gary Harris) left and UM still insists on calling Devin Gardner a starting QB.

See that just isn't correct though when you throw in "program"

The Michigan State basketball program is still the better program. It has more sustained success, it gets the recruits and has the better coach. That is the program.

Has Michigan had a slightly better team the last two years(very small cherry picking) then yes. But hell go back one more year to 3 and you got a loss to fucking Ohio.

The basketball program at MSU is better there is no way around that at all.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that just isn't correct though when you throw in "program"

The Michigan State basketball program is still the better program. It has more sustained success, it gets the recruits and has the better coach. That is the program.

Has Michigan had a slightly better team the last two years(very small cherry picking) then yes. But hell go back one more year to 3 and you got a loss to fucking Ohio.

The basketball program at MSU is better there is no way around that at all.

You can go back another year if you'd like. Since 2011 -- UM is 6-3 against MSU, they have two Big Ten Titles in that time, a final four appearance and a great 8 appearance. Upsets happen in the NCAA tourney -- Losing to Ohio was a great thing for UM. Because of that -- Caris Levert decided not to go to Ohio after they coach left for Illinois and signed with UM.

Heck -- Michigan is a tap in at the buzzer in the final game of the big ten regular season (STILL can't believe that didn't go in against Indiana) from sharing or winning 3 big ten titles in a row.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you are trying to be literal in regards to the term Program. I would agree. If that is the case -- UM fans could say MSU hasn't been a better football program recently, even though they have won 4 of the last 5 or 5 of the last 6 or whatever it is, as UM has had better recruiting classes and more sustained success in the past.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can go back another year if you'd like. Since 2011 -- UM is 6-3 against MSU, they have two Big Ten Titles in that time, a final four appearance and a great 8 appearance. Upsets happen in the NCAA tourney -- Losing to Ohio was a great thing for UM. Because of that -- Caris Levert decided not to go to Ohio after they coach left for Illinois and signed with UM.

Heck -- Michigan is a tap in at the buzzer in the final game of the big ten regular season (STILL can't believe that didn't go in against Indiana) from sharing or winning 3 big ten titles in a row.

But again, a few consecutive years doesn't make for the better PROGRAM. They may hve had some better seasons. But the MSU basketball program is still the better one.

It attracts better recruits. It would attract better coaches. This program is a blue blood. Heck go check out the "Top 25 programs in last 15 years" thread on the bball board.

Bigger sample and shows more of what program actually means. Sustained success, and that has really been Cleaves point the whole time.