• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season? How about half century?

Yeah, I actually like the Lions and were hoping they would win the Division and do some damage in the playoffs. Time for Schwartz to go...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic, dougie posted on our pick em league board to bet the Lions heavy and often or some shit. :clap:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire division lost today lol.

No one wants that playoff berth.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how did the Chiefs do? did they beat the Colts?

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another Jim has to go!
first it was smokey jim Leyland not jimmy Swartz has to go.
only 3 years to late.

what those 2 jokers didn't tell you.
I also said 2 locks were Packers loseing and the bears loseing. of course they didn't tell you that.
loseing in OT.... I was so close. it was OT!!!

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blame Swartz and Bush!
reffie Bush. fumbles more than AP!!
few games afo when he fumbled 3x he said he wouldn't fumble again for the rest of the year..next game 1st quarter he fumbles!!! he sucks.
new coach would get Stafford to the top. another problem is that big mouth we got from Minnesota Burrelson. what a butter fingers. he drops more than he catchs and he is alwaysr running his mouth. New coach ..that's all we need

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New coach is all you need?

In that same post alone you bitched about a receiver and running back as well. Don't forget stafford who SUCKS.

You can't script stupid.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford will be fine. He sucks currently but hes the least of my concerns as a fan.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the amount of money the tigers were paying fielder, hell yeah I blame him. Thank gawd we got out of that awful contract. He was useless. I would have rather had a turd sandwich batting after miggy in the playoffs those are free. Good riddance, enjoy that mammoth contract rangers fans. He has a couple of good years left then ouch. The tigers shouldve never traded doug fister for turds though, that one made no sense.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some detroit fans blame fielder for the lions woes too......the guy was one of nine players to have 25 HR and 100 RBI last year....guy played everyday....took walks.....protected miggy.....but since he sucked in the 10 or so games in oct, hes a bum.....

Funny how tiger fans expected him to hit 50 HR's playing in comerica where the gaps are deep....then last year he hit 300 for the first time in his career, so since this year he didnt, he sucks....i get the trade was for financial problems, but there was plenty of blame for the tigers losing to boston, not just fielder.

If texas makes the playoffs and detroit is out...ill be rooting for fielder to carry texas to the WS to shut some fielder haters up....the guy was in the line up everyday....i respect that..

Who expected him to hit 50? I expected him to produce something, anything in the playoffs for the amount of money he was getting. Remember the tigers were a good team before he came and they will do just fine without that massive contract. That would have killed them. I said that the day they signed him after I said they would sign them. Ugh.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves makes solid posts. Im not sure why fans of other teams think hes a homer. I know better, hes realistic. He talked good about the tigers last year because they were a good fucking team. What do you want him to say? They have had few weaknesses in the past few seasons so there isnt hat much to rag on. He is critical often of the lions and rightfully so. I wouldnt call him a homer, I would call him a realist. I disagree with him about fielder but do agree that the tigers at this point are not as good as last seasons team, but still better than any team in the central. They arent as good because of the fister trade. They created two holes on their team. They traded a #2 pitcher, put a # 4 pitcher in their rotation (Im not sold on smyly on a starter) and removed smyly from the pen amd replaced him with ian coke err krol. So they weakened their pen and their rotation in one foul swoop. No idea why. Keep posting what you believe cleaves, I have no problem with it.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how Texas will juggle those contracts down the road. When Elvis and Profar are no longer under team control it could get awful tight not to mention Yu Darvish.

Fielder blew in the playoffs and big players make big plays in big games! The truest cliche I can think of. I don't care that Don Kelly didn't contribute or Inglesias made an error, I care the guy that is counted on the most and is paid accordingly didn't deliver.

Fielder will be fine in Texas and that stadium will make him relevant! And forget about what he did in the playoffs. He will be fine it was a win win trade.

The Central didn't get better this off season…KC did the most but unless a few guys have career years I do not think it will be eneough to pass Detroit or beat out the East or West for the wild card.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how Texas will juggle those contracts down the road. When Elvis and Profar are no longer under team control it could get awful tight not to mention Yu Darvish.

Fielder blew in the playoffs and big players make big plays in big games! The truest cliche I can think of. I don't care that Don Kelly didn't contribute or Inglesias made an error, I care the guy that is counted on the most and is paid accordingly didn't deliver.

Fielder will be fine in Texas and that stadium will make him relevant! And forget about what he did in the playoffs. He will be fine it was a win win trade.

The Central didn't get better this off season…KC did the most but unless a few guys have career years I do not think it will be eneough to pass Detroit or beat out the East or West for the wild card.

Well, the aging curve is theoretically a Royals homer right now, so I will take my chances :yahoo:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder didn't really have a good year. .279/.362/.457 (120 OPS+). The league average at 1B was .261/.337/.436 with a 116 OPS+. His offensive stats were good, but that good for a 1B. Factor in defense and baserunning and you have yourself an average (at best) player. Fielder had his worst OPS+ since his rookie year (110 in 2006).

His power numbers have also seen a sharp decline over the last few years.

4613_1B_season_mini_6_20130930.png