• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think Santana wants 10 plus for 3-4 years. It may come down, the whole surrendering a draft pick is what has kept teams away and helped the Royals. He would be worth it for them to resign as they would instantly jump Cleveland IMO.

I would guess he asks for something around 15 million AAV which would be in the Royals ballpark, but only if they shed about 10 million or so through Hochevar and Davis.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the Royals are finally ready to give up on Hochevar?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the Royals are finally ready to give up on Hochevar?

They already put him in the bullpen as a middle reliever; so yeah, his time is about up. I wouldn't be surprised if they traded Holland given his value is extremely overrated (as are all "elite closers"). Davis did not exactly inspire confidence, his fastballs look flat and his absurdly high BABIP against supports that. If I were DM, I would be watching Santana's market very closely, if I think I can make a move on Santana, I pull the trigger on both Hochevar, Davis, or maybe even Holland. Look at what Addison Reed netted from the D-Backs for example, relievers, especially closers, are vastly overrated. If I traded Davis/Holland, I would probably keep Hoch as the closer (blasphemy I am sure in KC's FO).

Bottom line: We have 3 relievers projected to make 5 M or so each. That is a waste given that KC is overflowing with #5's and RP'ing prospects.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually liked what the White Sox got for Addison Reed.

I think Davidson is worth the risk and finding a closer of Reed's talent wouldn't be that hard. Now if the Royals could pull off that type of deal I think it would help.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My main question though is to what exactly Cleveland's vision is. I really don't get it right now. Perhaps someone who follows the Indians more than myself explain it? I really am having a hard time seeing where they are coming from for the most part outside of the Stubb's move which I understand.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, the Royals need pitching, they lost 1 guy-Santana from the team who lead the AL in ERA, lol...the bonus is they pulled Davis from the rotation to off set the 1 guy who helped the team in pitching.

Nice call...lol

If you say so.....let me rephrase it....royals need STARTING PITCHING.....their BP is elite.....but outside of shields, the starters are meh....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My main question though is to what exactly Cleveland's vision is. I really don't get it right now. Perhaps someone who follows the Indians more than myself explain it? I really am having a hard time seeing where they are coming from for the most part outside of the Stubb's move which I understand.

All you gotta know is ITS CLEVELAND:laugh3:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger fans believe we still have enough to walk away with the division.....not me.....we went the speed and defense rout....and traded our ground ball pitcher away....then if u expect to win the scrappy 3-2 type games....you need a BP.....not just a closer.....whos gonna get the closer the ball?

Putting too much faith in rondon and nicky c.....

Coke still blows

Al al worries me

Joba the hutt? No thanks...

The BP was the weakness and they didnt upgrade...

At this time its a 2 team race. Detroit and KC....hopefully detroits starters, a good closer, and miggy are enough to win number 4 in a row.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger fans believe we still have enough to walk away with the division.....not me.....we went the speed and defense rout....and traded our ground ball pitcher away....then if u expect to win the scrappy 3-2 type games....you need a BP.....not just a closer.....whos gonna get the closer the ball?

Putting too much faith in rondon and nicky c.....

Coke still blows

Al al worries me

Joba the hutt? No thanks...

The BP was the weakness and they didnt upgrade...

At this time its a 2 team race. Detroit and KC....hopefully detroits starters, a good closer, and miggy are enough to win number 4 in a row.

STILL REPEATING THE SAME CRAP OVER AND OVER AND OVER. :gaah:

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger fans believe we still have enough to walk away with the division.....not me.....we went the speed and defense rout....and traded our ground ball pitcher away....then if u expect to win the scrappy 3-2 type games....you need a BP.....not just a closer.....whos gonna get the closer the ball?......TRUE

Putting too much faith in rondon and nicky c........TRUE

Coke still blows...TRUE

Al al worries me...TRUE

Joba the hutt? No thanks...signing that could go either way.

The BP was the weakness and they didnt upgrade......SEMI TRUE..at least they have a legit closer, although he is more suited in age to be a Yankee, the Tigers seem to like the older guys now, ala the Yankees of the Central?

At this time its a 2 team race. Detroit and KC....hopefully detroits starters, a good closer, and miggy are enough to win number 4 in a row....TRUE

Maybe one of the best posts Cleaves has ever done, actually the most honest and impartial sounding posts he has done in a year. Has to be drunk to be this right.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers still need 1 more bat.
remember when some of you einstiens wanted to trade V Mart in his last year of contract????

Losing Gister will hurt. Fielder also. fielder was a good RBI man. but low on power and we all know how he did in the post season.
1 more bat. mu kingdom for another bat!!!

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry about the typos. all the cigarettes ashes have dulled out the keyboard.
the maid don't do much cleaning..other than my knob..oooooooo

I got the whole week next paid holiday. BUT iam forced to work every day ..12 hours.
dam. every body thinks UAW workers are spoiled. wish I could set home and cheer on another Wolverines bowl win!

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the maid don't do much cleaning..other than my knob..oooooooo

That is disturbing!

Fielder also. fielder was a good RBI man. but low on power and we all know how he did in the post season.

Fielder provided plenty of power, 125 extra base hits in two seasons and he played in every game, it was his OBP taking a 50 point dive I would have been worried about.

28 times reaching base in 101 plate appearances in two seasons for the Tigers in the playoffs is obviously a concern but I still would have given him and the team one more year and added a couple pieces.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually liked what the White Sox got for Addison Reed.

I think Davidson is worth the risk and finding a closer of Reed's talent wouldn't be that hard. Now if the Royals could pull off that type of deal I think it would help.

The white sox now have about 7 players who could hit 20+ HR's or strike out a zillion times. Its all or nuthin i guess

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe one of the best posts Cleaves has ever done, actually the most honest and impartial sounding posts he has done in a year. Has to be drunk to be this right.

Why?

Last year i thought detroit was better than the other central teams....i thought they should win the division.....not one post did i say they WOULD win the WS. Ive always stated any team in the postseason could get hot and win just like the giants and cards had done.....

This year i still think detroit has the most overall talent, but lacks a BP for the 7th and 8th innings, while also losing some pop in their order.....while no team in the central has made themselves much better the royals added some decent players hoping their young guys finally become consistent stars....i think KC is still there in sept, but im hoping detroits stars hold on.....but i see texas as being more of a WS contender than detroit as of now...but they could turn out to be the next over paid angels team.....thats why baseballs great....every year gives a new player a chance to become a star ala chris davis.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is disturbing!

Fielder provided plenty of power, 125 extra base hits in two seasons and he played in every game, it was his OBP taking a 50 point dive I would have been worried about.

28 times reaching base in 101 plate appearances in two seasons for the Tigers in the playoffs is obviously a concern but I still would have given him and the team one more year and added a couple pieces.

Some detroit fans blame fielder for the lions woes too......the guy was one of nine players to have 25 HR and 100 RBI last year....guy played everyday....took walks.....protected miggy.....but since he sucked in the 10 or so games in oct, hes a bum.....

Funny how tiger fans expected him to hit 50 HR's playing in comerica where the gaps are deep....then last year he hit 300 for the first time in his career, so since this year he didnt, he sucks....i get the trade was for financial problems, but there was plenty of blame for the tigers losing to boston, not just fielder.

If texas makes the playoffs and detroit is out...ill be rooting for fielder to carry texas to the WS to shut some fielder haters up....the guy was in the line up everyday....i respect that..

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Twins fan I gotta say they will still lose 85 games but at least they are trying to get better. I'm still not sold on the Royals and the Tigers took a step back and the Indians seem to not have a clue of what they wanna do and the White Sox, well they still suck which is fine by me, not many teams I dislike more...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is disturbing!

Thats also what i said...give the team one more year....add 2 arms for the pen and see what happened....im sure some team wouldve traded for fielder in the future once detroits window had closed.

When a team makes 3 straight ALCS you make some changes....but they changed half their team it seems...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Twins fan I gotta say they will still lose 85 games but at least they are trying to get better. I'm still not sold on the Royals and the Tigers took a step back and the Indians seem to not have a clue of what they wanna do and the White Sox, well they still suck which is fine by me, not many teams I dislike more...

I agree....i like the yanks better than the sox...

If the twins youth is for real, they have a bright future....whens mauers contract up? When hes done, the twins will have money to spend on some pitching to go with the talent the minors have...i think they are just signing pitchers now to tread water....looking towards 2015-2016 to really contend.