• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you see another Seattle Seahawk busted for PEDs??????
no wonder they are good.

why is it??? in football it is no big deal really.BUT in baseball it is almost as bad as it can get???

cheating is cheating. Seahawks are cheating but nobody in the media seems to care

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cleves..he just didn't measure up. we let him go..

DBacks sign papa grande. man.Dbacks must be even worse than the usually are.

did we lose benoit???????
dam . iam working 12 hours a day 7 days a week. cant keep up with every thing

Let him go? I read DECOMMITED....

Yup benoit is gone....should of used the 7.5 million davis and the hutt are going to get to resign benoit to be set up guy...but DD throwing all his eggs on rondon again...sure hope he surprises me.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow its true benoit gone.
he was one of the best set up manin the game. Tigers strectched him out as a closer last year.
he is perfect for the 8th inning.
I don't understand. Is DD trying to drag us down to the level of the Royals ??

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lough for Valencia a great value and positional trade for the Royals...wow, Dayton is really make the moves that need to be made by addressing the weaknesses. Just hope they don't dump Butler to drop the payroll back down, getting a little over on the ol' budget.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lough for Valencia a great value and positional trade for the Royals...wow, Dayton is really make the moves that need to be made by addressing the weaknesses. Just hope they don't dump Butler to drop the payroll back down, getting a little over on the ol' budget.

I think this could be a solid trade for the Royals. Valencia isn't great with the glove or real consistent with the bat but he basically destroys lefties so he could be a good middle of the order compliment.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this could be a solid trade for the Royals. Valencia isn't great with the glove or real consistent with the bat but he basically destroys lefties so he could be a good middle of the order compliment.

The tricky part though is figuring out how to fit him on the 25 man. Do you roll with a 6 man pen? Do you move Maxwell? Boner? I guess we will have to find out in ST as of right now. Or wait for the Ervin Santana market to collapse! :hope:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valencia back to the central.....havent heard from him in awhile. Seen he had limited at bats last year.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valencia back to the central.....havent heard from him in awhile. Seen he had limited at bats last year.

Crushed it last year when called up for the O's.

He will be a good lefty option if Moose still sucks ass hitting lefties and if Hosmer needs a day.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to like the bench the Royals are assembling. A nice toolbox that fits logically with the starters weaknesses.

Moose can't hit LHP still? Well, Velencia does.

Need a day off and don't want to miss Gordon hitting LHP? Drop in Maxwell.

Need a day off for Cain against a RHP? Drop in Dyson.

Oh, and there is another guy to fill a hole as needed in Bonifacio!

Need a pinch runner? Also drop in Dyson. Bonifacio isn't slow either.

Hayes is meh, but Perez can probably play quite a few games.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to like the bench the Royals are assembling. A nice toolbox that fits logically with the starters weaknesses.

Moose can't hit LHP still? Well, Velencia does.

Need a day off and don't want to miss Gordon hitting LHP? Drop in Maxwell.

Need a day off for Cain against a RHP? Drop in Dyson.

Oh, and there is another guy to fill a hole as needed in Bonifacio!

Need a pinch runner? Also drop in Dyson. Bonifacio isn't slow either.

Hayes is meh, but Perez can probably play quite a few games.

Now they need some pitching eh?

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, the Royals need pitching, they lost 1 guy-Santana from the team who lead the AL in ERA, lol...the bonus is they pulled Davis from the rotation to off set the 1 guy who helped the team in pitching.

Nice call...lol

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals need more than pitching...just saying

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals need more than pitching...just saying

Well, Oliver pretty much has them projected to match the OPS the O's had from last year, and yes, they were 5th in runs scored. I like this offense. There are two question marks, the rotation past Shields, and do we carry 6 or 7 relief pitchers.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the tigers signing Inge or D. Young...it would be pretty funny.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now they need some pitching eh?

They could go two routes, go young and roll with both Duffy and Ventura, there isn't much shame in that given they have high upside and are both upgrades over Chen, Mendoza, and Davis. However, one could argue you trade Hoch and Davis (don't concern oneself with the return, this would be a salary dump) and use that money to pursue a SP pitcher like Ervin Santana to stabilize the rotation in theory. This could work as the Royals have plenty of #5's and RP's in Omaha that are capable of replacing Davis and Hochevar who are worth about 10 million combined (that's pretty gross for a small market club).

Just a matter of preference at this point in how one would construct the roster as I think the bench has been retooled properly, the pen has plenty of depth, Offense appears to be fixed, just need the rotation to step it up from the backend.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow its true benoit gone.
he was one of the best set up manin the game. Tigers strectched him out as a closer last year.
he is perfect for the 8th inning.
I don't understand. Is DD trying to drag us down to the level of the Royals ??

Bottom line, and it was made clear in a story I saw on MLB network, the Tigers simply had too much veteran talent that was going to cost them too much money. Consider that they had $106 million tied up for 2014 with just SIX players:

Fielder: $23 mill
Cabrera: $21 mill
Verlander: $20 mill
Sanchez: $15 mill
Hunter: $14 mill
V-mart: $13 mill

Then you add in nine vets, free agents and arbitration-eligible guys (Peralta, Infante, Scherzer, Fister, Porcello, Benoit, Jackson, Veras and Avila), and it puts them at close to $175 million with just sixteen players. That leaves you $14 million for the rest of your roster if you want to stay under the $189 million luxury tax threshold.

Simply put, DD had to get rid of some vets for cheaper guys. Mr. I's pockets are deep, but they aren't bottomless.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read Royals at payroll limit. And that will keep them from being a player with Santana. He was a good #3 type.

I keep hearing Tigers have real interest in him but everyone is waiting on the Japanese Pitcher to set the market. I wonder in Detroit signs him it means Max is going to be dealt?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read Royals at payroll limit. And that will keep them from being a player with Santana. He was a good #3 type.

I keep hearing Tigers have real interest in him but everyone is waiting on the Japanese Pitcher to set the market. I wonder in Detroit signs him it means Max is going to be dealt?

They could dump some redundant players like Davis and Hochevar if the market starts to depress for Santana. I wouldn't be surprised if they dumped those two in order to grab someone else given the depth in the bullpen.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could dump some redundant players like Davis and Hochevar if the market starts to depress for Santana. I wouldn't be surprised if they dumped those two in order to grab someone else given the depth in the bullpen.

I would think Santana wants 10 plus for 3-4 years. It may come down, the whole surrendering a draft pick is what has kept teams away and helped the Royals. He would be worth it for them to resign as they would instantly jump Cleveland IMO.