• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow.
Give it up to verlander.
after a so so year (for him)
the last month of the season he got back to being a ACE.
and 2 big games against the As in the ALDS...the last 1 was a game 5. a BIG game.

wheres da bums now????????

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Dougy, JV and mad max owned. Verlander literally cock slaps the A's

It's also true moss misses more meatballs than normal lineups combined. And josh Donaldson and his stupid haircut were exposed.

But go tigers!!! Hopefully JV finally pitches could against a team not the A's. Red Sox MUST lose!!!

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JV has pitched some good games in Boston.
near miss on a no hitter few years ago,
BUT Tigers just cant score runs in fenway. frustrating.
Pitching has to be good.

Boston is running good now. should be a good series

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Donaldson, the saber crusader, didn't seem to get it that when nobody is on base, you can't hit a three run homer.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon Doug!!! I'm finally backing the tigers and your showing objectivity and concern. I need over the top Dougy guaranteeing wins in PEN!!!

I don't know who I hate more. That dumbass lackey. Buchholz and his worst beard of all time, the lunatic peavy. Or the hillybilly trifecta of napoli Gomes and ross.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Donaldson, the saber crusader, didn't seem to get it that when nobody is on base, you can't hit a three run homer.

That's what I'm saying. I have two simple rules.

1. If you don't wear batting gloves you better be a beast hitter.
2. If you have a moronic haircut you better be mashing baseballs

Vogt and Donaldson violated 1 and 2 respectively.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have to look at those shaggy beards. they look ugly.
trying to steal NHL tradition...

Of course I like our chances.
Look for sanchez to have a bounce back effort.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't hate on the 'Saberheads', they are the future of baseball. I know ( I am well aware that I have posted ERA and AVG before despite my hatred for their lack of precision in the big picture) I have not posted a lot of material that suggests that I am a fan of Sabermetrics, but I am also a firm believer one must do so responsibly, which quite honestly takes way too much of my time as is ( I don't particularly like to post humongous walls of text at all unless it is academic) Sadly, as much as I would love to take the effort to do research I would enjoy, I have other obligations, but anyways, you can't be a derp and list FIP and so on out of the blue and not check if FB velocity has changed and what not. Oh, probably should make sure the pitch selection hasn't radically changed... And so on and so forth. It takes a lot of work to make a good argument, FIP, OPS+, and ERA+ are not meant to be some magic pixie dust that is an end all be all in every scenario. Sabermetrics is not complete, to pretend so would be incredibly foolish.

Nothing will grind my gears more than seeing someone take a mere 5 seconds to look up the FIP of a pitcher and say it is superior to his ERA ( Don't get me wrong, FIP is more useful to fans than ERA, but to treat FIP like the word of God is equally obsurd as religiously adhering to ERA)... It is the EXACT same mistake the ERA user makes, but in the opposite direction imo.

I don't really appreciate people throwing around FIP, BABIP, ERA+, OPS+, and what not unless there is a comprehensive argument. Please carefully approach your own stats before claiming or implying that Pitcher A is better than Pitcher B... Hitter A is better than Hitter B...

/end dopey and drunk rant and probably hypocritical ( who isn't one, damn it)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm saying. I have two simple rules.

1. If you don't wear batting gloves you better be a beast hitter.
2. If you have a moronic haircut you better be mashing baseballs

Vogt and Donaldson violated 1 and 2 respectively.

Those are good rules to live by right there. What if you pee on your hands to toughen em up?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some folks in my bowling league last night were throwing around predictions, and I offered 2-1 Tigers. I'm not as confident as you that the Tigers will do much against Gray, but hoping someone on our side runs into one of his 96-MPH heaters for a 2-run homer. Maybe even an unsung guy like Donnie Kelly. Verlander goes 8 IP / 1 run, and Benoit seals the deal.

Wow spot on, the two run homer verlander going 8 and benoit closing the deal, well done sir.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ill try to look at this series objectively. If the tigers continue to hit like they have been this will be a quick series. Boston is better at just about everything so the tigers have no room for mistakes.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow spot on, the two run homer verlander going 8 and benoit closing the deal, well done sir.

I know, RIGHT?! Got the total runs correct, too, but I had JV giving up 1. I suck.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd straight ALCS for detroit

Go tigers!!!!

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Tigers!

Congrats to the Minnesota Lynx... Glad cleaves has me blocked, he'd shit out a hamster if he seen that.

Go Dodgers and Tigers!!!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Tigers!

Congrats to the Minnesota Lynx... Glad cleaves has me blocked, he'd shit out a hamster if he seen that.

Go Dodgers and Tigers!!!

LOL ill give him a chance to see it. Made me laugh. Minnesota wins another title baby!!!!

But gotta say go Cards and Tigers(wouldnt mind the Dodgers).

I usually hate perennial winners but idk how anyone can hate the cards(not saying you do but I see it a lot). Probably may favorite NL team. They just are an organization that knows what the fuck they are doing. Take goddamn notes Terry Ryan.

I hopped about the Wacha train his first MLB start, hes nuts. And for the love of god they better pitch Miller and not freakin Lynn.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL ill give him a chance to see it. Made me laugh. Minnesota wins another title baby!!!!

But gotta say go Cards and Tigers(wouldnt mind the Dodgers).

I usually hate perennial winners but idk how anyone can hate the cards(not saying you do but I see it a lot). Probably may favorite NL team. They just are an organization that knows what the fuck they are doing. Take goddamn notes Terry Ryan.

I hopped about the Wacha train his first MLB start, hes nuts. And for the love of god they better pitch Miller and not freakin Lynn.

Ahaha i guess womens teams in minny are champions. I just seen today while reading the tribune the lynx won....i never heard of the other team tho...havent watched an WNBA game since swoopes was the shit.

I agree the cardinals are a great run franchise. Nobody ever expects them to be there after losing so many players over the years and they just keep rebuilding winners.

Thats so fucked up about AP's son. Just seen that he died. They need to lock that boyfriend up in a room with AP and let AP do to him what he did to his son. Thats just sickening. Sorry loser. Hope he gets his in the prison.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the woman have a pro basketball league???

oo I do remember some thing about a team from Detroit won a few..

I just watch once to see some boobies bounceing

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lester can be tough.
don't don't worry AL Central fans. some tigers have good track records against this lefty.

maybe jackosn and hunter might get on base???
wouldn't that be a change this post season?????
look for sanchez to have a nice bounce back effort in game 1 of the ALCS

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dougy, you see the sharks won again last night??? Out scoring oppenents 21-5 now.

Wings took another L I saw.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. October 11 .. should I be worried????
The Wild is struggling to. I remember what was it?? last year or the year before....the shark started fast..then...... faded...

don't worry pavel and jimmy will right the ship and go through the eastern like we do to that cali hockey