• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dougy you forgot to mention what is important

The sharks DISMANTLED a rangers team from the wussy conference. No wonder the wings went over there.

How about the young stud Hertl??? Follows up a two goal performance with FOUR tonight. GAMER.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dougy you forgot to mention what is important

The sharks DISMANTLED a rangers team from the wussy conference. No wonder the wings went over there.

How about the young stud Hertl??? Follows up a two goal performance with FOUR tonight. GAMER.

OH NO, WHATEVER WILL DOUGY DO!

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea yea just seen the hight light about 30 seconds ago. knew you would chime in about him mr hockey

you think he scores 4 on jimmy howard??
he would get nothing!!!!!!@

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirates Vs Cards in game 5.
that should be good game. I like the Cards

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston don't scare me. with big popi hitting like he is. that makes them so much better.

dam. wish miggy wasn't hurt. Tigers last coiple years cant score runs at fenway.
Tigers do pitch well there though.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way that fool Howard can stop the between the legs!!!

Such a dirty move!!!

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pleaseee think the wings let that kid play paddy cake with the puck like that???

he will be on his can.

Howard would stone him!!!

October 21 I believe..... sharks have to leave the shark tank and come to hockey town

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dougy how's the view from way down in the pick em standings???

Want me to help you with your picks this week? I'm smart.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about those smart tiger fans in right field??
ball clears the fence.they were smart enough to grab it after it clear the fence.
home run V Mart.

how about some props for max Scherzer... he helped save the season for the Tigers. HEART of a Cy Young.
fact Oakland 1 for 11 when they have achance to elim there oppnets

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well in the pick em. I think it is for the whole year.
its only week 6..
that's just like a shark fan. starting a parade half way through the season....

look for me late.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was scared when it was 3-0 -- I even resorted to putting up a jinx thread to Oakland giving Detroit the RIP.

They are up 8-4 right now. Just hoping we don't get an epic collapse from Benoit. 2 on and 1 out. Just throw it over the plate Benoit.

look, if it only happens once in a decade, its an epic colapse.....any reliever in Detroits pen colapses all the time.....there isn't any "epic" there is actually a consistancy...if they actually "save" or "hold" the situation, count that as "epic"...I am actually not saying it to start something, but everyone in the country....and if you really be honest, even Tigers fans hold their breath when relievers come into the game....

I am honestly not hating, it just happens to be one of Detroit's weaknesses that they chose to not address with a proven commodity.

Don't worry, JacKKKKKKson is due for some hits at some point, why not game 5?

Detroit will be lucky to win this series...Oak is a better team than last year, while Detroit stayed the same..

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this Tiger team has HEART!!!

Interesting comment, because all I saw Saturday and Monday were comments (many from so-called Tiger fans) saying the Tigers have "no heart". I am really getting sick of reading those comments. Let me give you some examples of "heart"....

-- Miggy playing with a variety of injuries, when many players with less heart and lower pain thresholds would have gone to the DL.

-- Justin Verlander battling himself and his mechanics, but NEVER giving up on this season. His last four starts, he's given up 0 runs, 3 runs, 0 runs and 0 runs. A testament to his determination and heart.

-- Victor Martinez, after missing an entire season, was hitting about .230 on June 30th. He could have thrown in the towel, but he kept battling and hit around .370 from July 1 onward. Result: yet another .300 season from the 34-year old. You think he has no heart?

-- Similarly, Alex Avila was hitting .172 on June 30th, had been beat up behind the plate, and already spent some time on the DL. The second half, though he continued to get banged up, he hit .281, including .343 in September. His 9th inning go-ahead home run off Chris Perez in Cleveland may well have been the turning point for the Tigers on their way to the AL Central title. This guy embodies "heart".

-- And lest we forget, the Tigers started this year with NO CLOSER. They tried the previously-released Jose Valverde for a while, and when that didn't work out, they turned to Joaquin Benoit. All Benoit did was successfully convert his first 22 save opportunities. And Bruce Rondon, the would-be closer who was brutal in spring training and his first stint with the Tigers, returned to Toledo, put in the work, and came back to be a pretty reliable 7th-inning guy.

I may bitch and moan about the Tigers performance in here, but no, I will never question their heart.

Last edited by a moderator:

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oak is a better team than last year, while Detroit stayed the same..

I'll agree with the first part, but, ummm.... the Tigers added Torii Hunter, got Victor Martinez back after he missed all of last year, and we don't have Jose "Human Implosion" Valverde closing. NOT the same team as last year.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tigers win.
I knew it!!!

Jhonny P!!!!! Tiger bats come alive secept Iggy at SS.Let Jhonny take over at SS.

Scherzer comes in relief. Now verlander does what he did last year.
pitch a gem in Oakland in a game 5.

Their offense has more problems than iggy at ss. Hes awesome btw, so no dont put johnny there but leave him in lf.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sweep smeep..
if the bats weren't so cold . from a team that scored like the 20s Yankees teams.

game 2 was tough verlanders gem was wasted. that's ok . we win game 5. its all good.

you think if miggys wasn't a walking wounded shell of himself it would even got to a game 4?

Give some credit to the athletics, they are a good team.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look, if it only happens once in a decade, its an epic colapse.....any reliever in Detroits pen colapses all the time.....there isn't any "epic" there is actually a consistancy...if they actually "save" or "hold" the situation, count that as "epic"...I am actually not saying it to start something, but everyone in the country....and if you really be honest, even Tigers fans hold their breath when relievers come into the game....

I am honestly not hating, it just happens to be one of Detroit's weaknesses that they chose to not address with a proven commodity.

Don't worry, JacKKKKKKson is due for some hits at some point, why not game 5?

Detroit will be lucky to win this series...Oak is a better team than last year, while Detroit stayed the same..

No they wont be lucky if they win. Detroit is a great team as is oakland. If detroit wins it will be because of their amazing pitching so shut up with the luck shit.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree with the first part, but, ummm.... the Tigers added Torii Hunter, got Victor Martinez back after he missed all of last year, and we don't have Jose "Human Implosion" Valverde closing. NOT the same team as last year.

Hes a notorious troll tiger hater...

SECHATER12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

don't worry the sharks will choke in the playoff like they always do. :doh:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iggy, Sanchez for a full season, Smyly as the bullpen lefty, Veras, Geno to the bench. There were definitely improvements.