• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck this OBP shit, FREESWING MOAR!!! - Royals

LOL.. I don't think that Ned Yost understands its better to have free swingers that have HR power behind guys that get on base. When I look at the Royals roster.. there is almost no reason for half of their moves... They keep loading up on below average hitting outfielders, and utility infielders... If Moore had a set of nuts and a brain... he would have added another starter to push out one of the crap bags in the rotation and they would probably be legit WC contenders instead of close but no cigar...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if bums is going to come around and brag about KC's waiver wire addition Jimmy Carroll... Tigers made no August moves.. but whoooo hoooo... the Royals got Carroll.

In all honesty though.. giving credit where credit is due... Bonifacio fits the Royals well.. and his brother is already a prospect in their system... That was probably one of the better trades this season as far as need. I don't know why he went out and got maxwell.. he is trash.

Maxwell has done well in his career ( or atleast on reputation) of hitting LHP at a solid clip while being dogshit vs RHP.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question.. why is Ned Yost even playing Jimmy Carroll.. I understand Moustakas is trash.. but my god.. that is a confidence destroyer when Jimmy Carroll is getting starts over you... that just screams the manager thinks you suck... I think the only hits Carroll has in his career are against the Tigers.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't the kid they gave up for him a decent pitching prospect?

Statistically, he was a poor mans Odorizzi 3 years ago at the time of the trade. Some homers thought he was a #3 which is just stupid in my opinion. Kyle Smith was a lotto ticket and nothing more.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question.. why is Ned Yost even playing Jimmy Carroll.. I understand Moustakas is trash.. but my god.. that is a confidence destroyer when Jimmy Carroll is getting starts over you... that just screams the manager thinks you suck... I think the only hits Carroll has in his career are against the Tigers.

Same reason as maxwell, but this time that reasoning doesn't fly at all.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Royals were smart.. they would trade guys like Duffy and Kyle Zimmer for a guy like Iwakuma ... get a known commodity with a team friendly contract...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most prospects with "potential" or "upside" are lotto tickets... almost every prospect is over valued to excite fans and con other gm's into making trades for them... the percentage of actual legit players as apposed to players claimed to have potential is very small.. That is why if you have the payroll to do it.. its much smarter to trade prospects for proven vets that cost more... Only small market teams rely on lotto tickets to win titles.. and not many small market teams are winning titles.. so that about says it all.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its amazing how every year the "next ______" comes out in sports... then when that player doesn't pan out.. the media shifts to the next wave of "next ______"

Strasberg was the next Roger Clemens...

Once in a generation players rarely seem to be picked #1 overall.. isn't it funny how that works out?
I would love to see the average draft position of players in the all time top 10 rankings for their positions

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Royals were smart.. they would trade guys like Duffy and Kyle Zimmer for a guy like Iwakuma ... get a known commodity with a team friendly contract...

The Ms are shopping their CY caliber, All Star righty? (Seattle owes his 13.5 mil still)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its amazing how every year the "next ______" comes out in sports... then when that player doesn't pan out.. the media shifts to the next wave of "next ______"

Strasberg was the next Roger Clemens...

Once in a generation players rarely seem to be picked #1 overall.. isn't it funny how that works out?
I would love to see the average draft position of players in the all time top 10 rankings for their positions

Modern great players like Barry Bonds (sixth pick) Cal Ripken (2nd round) Clemens (19th pick) Rickey Henderson (4th round) Mike Schmidt (2nd round) Greg Maddux (2nd round) usually weren't top picks. Griffey and ARod being the only two(David Price has some work to do) that come to mind. Nice work drafting Mariners. Most greats, top 10 wise, were signed not drafted. And still Islanders, and other international guys avoid the draft altogether.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hit the ball hard 2x yesterday. Scorching line drives to the warning track in right, both caught by Avisail. He's fine.

Is it true comericas right field is shorter then the cells?

Hawk said last night both of those balls garcia caught would had been HR's. i always figured chicago was smaller in every aspect. The one garcia went up and got too. I thought they were both gone when he hit them....typical looking miggy HR to RF.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another series won, sorry Indians, just keep chipping away. Emilio Boni is just the right guy to get it going, him, Dyson and Escobar...even Getz..just running everywhere, still don't know why they weren't running all year...."we need to hit more homers" concept had to get burnt to the ground....we can thank George Brett for the change in mindset..

would be nice to see Dyson up top in the 1 or 2 hole...he will bunt any time...

Just need to go 6-3 over the next 9 and really like the shot after that.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing Maxwell and Carroll is just pointless...guess they are backups if injuries...will repeat it, we just dumped a Maxwell (frenchy) to get a Maxwell....

Not sure why the Royals didn't bring up Irving Falu, he hit decent last year and in no way is Carroll a better defender...what his "veteran" leadership...who knows maybe Yost played with him for a year in the minors...

Was still hoping to see Venture this Sept but WOW, Hochevar 5 straight strikeouts....would have to say...he might be a VERY good closer at this rate.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why doesnt cain hit first? Hosmer butler and gordon should be their 3-4-5. Not sure whos where tho.

Probably some nonsense that Gordon is more comfortable in the leadoff spot... Whatever, Yost. Maybe Yost should stick to one of these lineups that make more sense... And no, It doesn't involve Getz leading off.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great...TB could lose, if Boston keeps it up, and the yanks or baltimore will definetly lose.