• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think Correia, Gibson are locks, probably Deduno as well. I think Vance Worley, Pedro Hernandez, Scott (Dustin) Diamond, P.J. Walters and Liam Hendriks will be given a shot. Pelfrey won't be back.

I wouldn't expect much change to the rotation next year, more of the same waiting for some of the young guys to progress and hopefully start making a run at the Tigers in 15.

If the Twins could come up with some pitching... they would be right in it next year... its all about pitching for them... I heard they may resign Morneau... he does look weird in that yellow pirates hat.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk nos I think we sadly may try and resign Pelfrey(hope not).

You're right though...Correia is a sure fire lock, Gibson and deduno are very likely. Albers will probably get his shot. 5 spot is up for grabs.

Many options....all bad options lol

If pj Walters pitches for us again I will lose it. Absolutely lose it.

I expected Worley to be way better... He is till young.. but way back at the begining of the season.. I said on CBS I expected the Twins to finish second and it was because of Worley... i was way off there.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Twins could come up with some pitching... they would be right in it next year... its all about pitching for them... I heard they may resign Morneau... he does look weird in that yellow pirates hat.

I don't think we will resign Justin. It's part of the penny pincher philosophy we are run by. Made the trade to make it seem like we got something for Morneau.

In reality, once Presley hits arbitration he's gone too. No spot for him anyways with Arcia, hicks and soon enough Buxton.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected Worley to be way better... He is till young.. but way back at the begining of the season.. I said on CBS I expected the Twins to finish second and it was because of Worley... i was way off there.

Ya he just didn't adjust to the AL. He himself said at one point that he couldn't get away with mistakes like in the NL

Hopefully he at least can turn it around a little.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we will resign Justin. It's part of the penny pincher philosophy we are run by. Made the trade to make it seem like we got something for Morneau.

In reality, once Presley hits arbitration he's gone too. No spot for him anyways with Arcia, hicks and soon enough Buxton.

Twins are ran well... The only reason they are not contending right now is because they went didn't draft enough pitching for a few years... They were the Rays before the Rays were the Rays...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they bring back Pelfrey, he has been terrible, averaging a shade over 5 innings per start and a whip of 1.500, I just can't see them throwing another 4 - 5 million at him, might as well lose with someone cheaper.

I could actually see them resigning Morneau as long as it's an incentive based contract as I don't see him getting much attention from other teams.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worley needs to be traded back to the NL, he had a whip of nearly 2.000, even Nick Blackburn was like damn that's bad...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins are ran well... The only reason they are not contending right now is because they went didn't draft enough pitching for a few years... They were the Rays before the Rays were the Rays...

Terry Ryan in his second stint is doing awful. It's the obnoxious lies to fans that are the worse. He actually has the nerve to say we are not "rebuilding".

Look at our product right now. 28 and 29 year old journey men because curly didn't want to spend.

We have drafted well albeit like you said most hasn't been pitching. Still have a lot of good talent from drafts.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya he just didn't adjust to the AL. He himself said at one point that he couldn't get away with mistakes like in the NL

Hopefully he at least can turn it around a little.

Goes to show you how much easier it is to toss to a pitcher 3 or 4 times a game than a DH... people that dismiss it are being ignorant. If you have a runner in scoring position and two outs... and get to the pitcher.. is almost always inning over. Its not that simple in the AL.. look at the Tigers bottom 3... Omar Infante would be leading many teams in a lot of offensive stats and he is 8 or 9... and Iglesias in the 9 hole is not to shabby either.. as a pitcher.. you have to get legit outs... Thats one reason why I stray from heaping praise on NL pitchers not named Kershaw.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corriea getting cranked right now

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats one reason why I stray from heaping praise on NL pitchers not named Kershaw.

Matt Harvey was a good young pitcher...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they bring back Pelfrey, he has been terrible, averaging a shade over 5 innings per start and a whip of 1.500, I just can't see them throwing another 4 - 5 million at him, might as well lose with someone cheaper.

I could actually see them resigning Morneau as long as it's an incentive based contract as I don't see him getting much attention from other teams.

I agree Pelfrey blows but he loves it here according to him and for some reason I think we try to resign him....hopefully I'm dead wrong though

As for morny idk. He wanted nothing to do with contract talks and realistically we have to find out once and for all if parmelee is capable. Or cola who has mad power and doin better with reg PT. there's also the notion of beer league plouffe maybe moving over there.

Don't forget Mauer especially if Pinto is really ready to emerge. I think we might move on from justin

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is one reason why Ned Yost is a retard... If you walk Miggy Cabrera in the first inning with 1 on and 1 out... you automatically put a man in scoring position for Fielder or Vmart... You might as well let him hit in that situation... seriously... then he pitches to him with 2 outs and nobody on... Its funny watching people try to get around him...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Harvey was a good young pitcher...

Matt Harvey is a good young pitcher.. whose numbers are inflated from pitching against the Marlins and Phillies... Against the AL.. he would not have the stats he has.. not saying he wont be good.. but he put up cy young stats... as a rookie... that aint happening in the AL.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Pelfrey blows but he loves it here according to him and for some reason I think we try to resign him....hopefully I'm dead wrong though

As for morny idk. He wanted nothing to do with contract talks and realistically we have to find out once and for all if parmelee is capable. Or cola who has mad power and doin better with reg PT. there's also the notion of beer league plouffe maybe moving over there.

Don't forget Mauer especially if Pinto is really ready to emerge. I think we might move on from justin

I doubt you will see Mauer catching to much more if ever again if he doesn't bounce back soon from this concussion.. they have to much invested in him to let him take foul tips off his face.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we might move on from justin

I'd be ok with that, he's still one of my favorite Twins of all time, when he was on and healthy he was as good a hitter as the Twins ever had... Well, top 10 anyhow...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mets went 0 - 4 against the Marlins this year in games Harvey started. He had great starts against the Yankees, Cardinals and Braves this year. I agree his numbers wouldn't be quite the same in the AL but they wouldn't be shitty either.