• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it stan...I am still fine with the Royals taking on the Tigers in any format...the only thing on that team that scares me and actually any team is Miggy....how every team isn't hitting the guy or walking the guy more is beyond belief..

Shutouts both with 9...fyi...

Thing is....kc will NEVER play detroit in a meaningful series.....maybe on your xbox

Also...tigers just trade their talent in the minors for players like miggy, fister, max, sanchez, infante......but kc has billy butler

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltran did great in KC..Damon did great in KC...Grienke won a CY young in KC...they did just fine in KC...Hosmer is doing great in KC...Perez will too....Butler has done great in KC...Holland is doing great in KC.....thanks for the incorrect thought though.

If they all did great.....how has this franchise never made the playoffs during their years.

Hosmer is doing great?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ Detroit. Are you even trying?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happens to the best of us.. Booze didn't help my decision making at that age either.. was recruited for basketball and actually graduated with an associates degree... but decided to go to the Marines for God knows what reason and ended up having to finish college when I got out. Luckily instead of scholarships I had the GI bill.. and had most of my college completed.. but I basically took for granted sports and only now realize what I threw away. I applaud those that can stay focused as athletes from a young age to the pros.. because by the time I was a senior I was abusing the benefits of being a great high school athlete so much I didn't care anymore playing the sports themselves... After my last high school basketball game I didn't play basketball for over a year... and I didn't run track my senior year because I was way more focused on boozing and girls...

Funny how life teaches you though.. I am who I am because of where I have been and the crap I have had to tread through.. and at 31.. I am comfortable with the amount of success I have had... just wish I would have appreciated the ride a little more in high school... that is for sure.

I dont even want to talk about fucking up......i was 6'5 280 in 10th grade....played in the silverdome and lost to country day on a last second hail mary.....had a good junior year....then........well my parents divorced and mom worked late and my house became the party house for a bunch of rich white catholic kids.....and my senior year was taken from me due to getting in trouble....if i knew back then what i knew now.....DAM ....is all that i can say.....i did end up graduating from state, but never got a chance to play college ball.....after my 10th grade year i had letters from the army, western, central, ferris and GVSU...i was just too lazy and i liked to drink and party.....shit i didnt grow up till i met my wife 7 yrs ago. But oh well......at least my bro fucked up too.......he was hitting my fastballs when he was 3....but he got chubby after 6th grade......he never had my height, but in 5th grade he seriously averaged 20 points a game in basketball.....now hes a 37 yr old who tries and play in all those leagues for washed up never has beens lol.

What school did u play for vice? I remember u saying it was by ludington. Basketball sucked in w mich, but we kicked ass in football. Over here in chicago, the talent is crazy for basketball, in these schools.

Also i always sucked at baseball....was the man when we just played lob pitch...but once they started chucking curves and fastballs......man....i was bad.....i had 1 HR in 6 years of little league..and that was lucky....people used to see me come up, and back up to the fences.....then id strike out lol....or get lucky and bloop a single in front of em. But football and hoops were 2 sports i was pretty good at...never understood track....especially cross country...in most sports they make u run when u get in trouble....so i couldnt understand just running for the glory.....seemed boring.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for hahas....

WAR from 1994-present only counting time spent on ALC teams:

Thome 63.0
Thomas 45.7
Mauer 44.1
Ordonez 38.5
Lofton 38.0
Cabrera 36.2
Santana 35.5
Ramirez 30.8
Konerko 29.9
Vizquel 29.8
Hunter 29.0
Colon 27.9
Sizemore 27.6
Sabathia 27.5
Belle 26.8
Peralta 24.9
V. Martinez 24.2
Morneau 23.1

So in your eyes...lofton is better than miggy?

Hell i loved mags, but hes not even close to being as good as miggy

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez feel like i just read a book catching up on this thread.....i was only gone for 24 hrs....

Of course. Prince goes deep in a 6-1 game.....solo shot at that.

This series has been ugly

We better beat up on cleveland

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like everyday is a getaway day this week. (Getaway days = losses with Leyland)

Thursday and sunday afternoon games we always seem to just take em off...but i guess they decided to take the whole series off.

Gonna get swept in a 4 game series that portabello didnt even pitch in. Odd

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:
I dont even want to talk about fucking up......i was 6'5 280 in 10th grade....played in the silverdome and lost to country day on a last second hail mary.....had a good junior year....then........well my parents divorced and mom worked late and my house became the party house for a bunch of rich white catholic kids.....and my senior year was taken from me due to getting in trouble....if i knew back then what i knew now.....DAM ....is all that i can say.....i did end up graduating from state, but never got a chance to play college ball.....after my 10th grade year i had letters from the army, western, central, ferris and GVSU...i was just too lazy and i liked to drink and party.....shit i didnt grow up till i met my wife 7 yrs ago. But oh well......at least my bro fucked up too.......he was hitting my fastballs when he was 3....but he got chubby after 6th grade......he never had my height, but in 5th grade he seriously averaged 20 points a game in basketball.....now hes a 37 yr old who tries and play in all those leagues for washed up never has beens lol.

What school did u play for vice? I remember u saying it was by ludington. Basketball sucked in w mich, but we kicked ass in football. Over here in chicago, the talent is crazy for basketball, in these schools.

Also i always sucked at baseball....was the man when we just played lob pitch...but once they started chucking curves and fastballs......man....i was bad.....i had 1 HR in 6 years of little league..and that was lucky....people used to see me come up, and back up to the fences.....then id strike out lol....or get lucky and bloop a single in front of em. But football and hoops were 2 sports i was pretty good at...never understood track....especially cross country...in most sports they make u run when u get in trouble....so i couldnt understand just running for the glory.....seemed boring.

I was at your State Finals loss cleaves. I think I've missed four years at the Dome or Ford Field since the late '80's. You played for Anese right?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday and sunday afternoon games we always seem to just take em off...but i guess they decided to take the whole series off.

Gonna get swept in a 4 game series that portabello didnt even pitch in. Odd

Usually Kelly, Santiago, New Mexico, and Coke (thank god hes not available till the weekend!)get more PT when Jimmy's giving em away too.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was at your State Finals loss cleaves. I think I've missed four years at the Dome or Ford Field since the late '80's. You played for Anese right?

Yeah not only did the kid offensive pass interfere for the game winning TD....they also let the kid on 4th n goal crawl across the line after he was stopped....and the ref fell down while running down the goaline to the pile....they had 2 td's handed to them....19-14 we lost......their QB went on to either GT or colorado....forgot which one it was....he beat ND in a bowl game one year.....think it was colorado....he was a slippery mofo. Still got my state runner up medal on my keychain. I played with rob vanderleest...remember him....he went to UM and they turned him into a TE.....he was a DT/DE at catholic....we used to get fucked up lol....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No anese was muskegon high....he took over in mid 90's

I played for muskegon catholic...under jewett....mike holmes took over my senior year and we didnt get along....a reason why i didnt try to get back on the field also....then he ended up winning like 6 titles....he just retired last year....steve czerwon took over...he played at sag valley i believe....he came after me.....my senior yr was 89....he played in the 90's.

I lived a block from muskegon high tho.....all my friends went there and they won it in 86 the same year we were runners up.....dave taylor was the coach then....i believe muskegon is the all time winningest football school in the state of mich.....we always played muskegon mona shores and all grand rapids schools when i was there

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not only did the kid offensive pass interfere for the game winning TD....they also let the kid on 4th n goal crawl across the line after he was stopped....and the ref fell down while running down the goaline to the pile....they had 2 td's handed to them....19-14 we lost......their QB went on to either GT or colorado....forgot which one it was....he beat ND in a bowl game one year.....think it was colorado....he was a slippery mofo. Still got my state runner up medal on my keychain. I played with rob vanderleest...remember him....he went to UM and they turned him into a TE.....he was a DT/DE at catholic....we used to get fucked up lol....

Went to Scottville Cleaves...

I have a feeling the Tigers are going to be pissed off after this series... Every pitcher was getting dinked and dunked.. and the tigers were getting hits and not scoring... odd series... let the A's get the lucky bloops out of their system.. I have a feeling we will be seeing them again in Oct.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact.... the lead singer from Tool went to scottville and his dad was my history teacher.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
scottville is Mason County Central by the way...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now watch da55bums google me... he has been waiting for that moment for 2 years now.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
scottville is Mason County Central by the way...

Oh ok....didnt know what scotville was....i remember seeing mason county in the newspaper tho.....you guys were up in the boonies lol....u guys were the other MCC

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta go to shelby next month for my cousins wedding.....they hillbillies up there....my cuz that played with nate mclouth smitty....maybe nate will be there ....its in oct....ill ask him.....why does it say muskegon????? Lol

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vmart is gonna end up hitting 300.....cmon get the big HR......softball league time!!!!

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vmart is gonna end up hitting 300.....cmon get the big HR......softball league time!!!!

13 hits... 3 runs... that sums up the Tigers last four games... Nothing is going their way.... once again.. rather they slump a little now than oct... as long as the indians lose.. no harm.